HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Odd Man Rushes

Old
11-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Odd Man Rushes

Anyone else worried about these? I think we give up wayyy too many for a team who is supposed to be playing a defensive system. They happen in every situation on the ice as well, even strength, PP, SH. I never remember seeing us giving up so many odd man rushes against our goalie. Also I notice when it happens most of the time number 6 is trailing the play.

So why is this happening so much? Can't all be from bad pinches.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Shake and Bake

how do you guve up an odd man rush when you are up a goal with 1:30 left? horrible play by redden...we had everything under control

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Shake and Bake

I find it amazing how we are prone to give up a decnt number of odd man rushes based on the tight, defensive style we usually play...

Old
11-28-2008, 11:37 PM
ciggy

what made redden a desirable defenseman ?

i've watched this guy now for 26 games, and i want to know what i should look for.

ciggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Honestly, I don't think the system is really to blame. As you guys have stated before, whenever we give up an odd man rush it's usually because one of the defensemen just goes completely braindead.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:32 AM
NYR Viper

i disagree....its because the forwards, who are supposed to get the puck deep do not and most of the time the defenseman is trying to jump into the play(which is what the coaches want).....surprise....redden, one of the better defenseman when it comes to pinching is seen doing this

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i disagree....its because the forwards, who are supposed to get the puck deep do not and most of the time the defenseman is trying to jump into the play(which is what the coaches want).....surprise....redden, one of the better defenseman when it comes to pinching is seen doing this
Last night, he was caught on his own side of the red line...

Old
11-29-2008, 09:58 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I'm sorry guys, Redden CANNOT be excused for this one.

He was out of position, and as we've seen all year he can't get back into position quick enough because of his lack of backwards speed, simple as that. You cant sugar coat it.

I can go on about Redden who im very disappointed in, but this isnt a thread about him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Quite a few of the odd man rushes have been solely on the defense. Three bad plays by Rozsival alone have lead to three shorthanded odd man rushes and goals against. They are misjudging when they should pinch at the blueline or step up in the neutral zone. Last night Redden was caught flat footed between the red line and blueline and was forced to try and play the pass, which tipped off his stick right to the Florida player. If he was back at the blueline it would have been a 2 on 2 which more than likely would have resulted in nothing more than a weak shot from the outside. The D simply needs to be smarter with their pinches and when to back in or step up.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote