HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton/Ottawa

Old
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Heatley is more untouchable than Spezza is, seeing as he's wearing the A and Spezza isn't. Spezza took a discount signing for 7 years 7 m per. He's our best playoff performer in franchise history. (40 pts in 39 games) He's also 25, so don't think he's washed up in anyway. Keep in fact that Spezza's first season was better than Gagne's in 03-04 playing third/fourth line minutes.

Spezza's having a Lecavalier 03-04-esque season, where he's finally developing his two-way game well, and the offense is bound to come, and it does. I have no problem keeping him, seeing as he's already a top 5 playmaker in the league and is finally becoming a great all-around player.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Senatorsfan92*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Get your head out of your......!

What a used car shill display.

Gagner for Picard, Ilya Zubov and Ott 1st. (close to "top 3 pick value?")

If your team continues to play the way it does your #1 will be A top 3.
Though I would not take the Brian burke risk and claim that it would stay there.

Gagner for Ottawa #1 at the end of the year maybe. Though that is a value risk when you compare gagners18 yr old numbers to others in the last ten years.

Clole for Vermette is probably fair right now though edmonton probably holds off and packages him at the deadline for more.

Souray for Phillips, Foligno, SJ 1st ("3 decent assets")

Come on phillips is more than a one asset value guy.

Souray for Greening, Foligno, Sj 1st. Maybe. But we have already done the Player for asset trades. We will keep Souray.

As for Spezza for horcoff.

Does that wash with anyone. That was not even part of the trade. My edit was about horcoffs value to the oilers most non oiler fans would not understand. The after the practise continued workouts that youngsters see. A true leader. One of our best PK forwards. Our man when it comes to defensive faceoffs.

One of the best two way forwards in the league. If we got spezza it would require more assets and then we would have to go out and spend another 3M to get players to fill the roles lost from horcoff.

I will keep horcoffs .85pts/gm (1pt/gm when healthy) for 5.5M than have spezzas 1.09pts/gm for 7M +3m for the other players.

That other 4.5M gets us another good player.

So a real reflection would be

Gagner
Cole
Souray

For

Ottawwa 1st
Vermette
greening
Foligno
SJ1st.

That is a realistic value and as an oiler fan I would not do that beacuse each individual asset will yeild you more. Maybe three more assets..

I could see somthing like Vermette for Erik Cole just before Christmas or in the new year.

Senatorsfan92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
So........you think you lost the deal?
Actually, the Sens do win this trade.

Spezza, a pretty good prospect, and a third liner

FOR

Two top six forwards and one of the best offensive defensemen in the world.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
1234rer

The two worst trading partners, both teams want to shaft each other. Neither of their fans want to trade their players for equal value.

Wait.........sounds like every trade proposal on HF

1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote