HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moving Kalinen?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2008, 12:00 PM
  #1
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Moving Kalinen?

Just a thought?.........and whoops it's Kalinin

Alot of teams would be looking for a good back end Dman...........he makes 2.1 million and is a FA next yr

I have'nt really seen anyone mentioning this option

I would be comfortable with Potter taking his spot........it's the 6th Dman and they could use some room to make a move for a scoring forward

Doing the math if they subtract
Kalinen- 2.1
Prucha 1.6
Rissmillere 1
plus they have about 1

That would give them plenty of cap space

what are thoughts about moving Kalinen before the deadline?..........I think Rozi stays and he is playing alot better now

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
  #2
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Kalinin has been one of our better defensemen this year, he should not be traded.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
  #3
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just a thought?.........and whoops it's Kalinin

Alot of teams would be looking for a good back end Dman...........he makes 2.1 million and is a FA next yr

I have'nt really seen anyone mentioning this option

I would be comfortable with Potter taking his spot........it's the 6th Dman and they could use some room to make a move for a scoring forward

Doing the math if they subtract
Kalinen- 2.1
Prucha 1.6
Rissmillere 1
plus they have about 1

That would give them plenty of cap space

what are thoughts about moving Kalinen before the deadline?..........I think Rozi stays and he is playing alot better now
$338,710 according to the salary cap thread
and then potter won't play for nothing, so it ain't gonna clear that much and he's played pretty solid.
If a d-man gets moved then it should still be rozy just because he earns those 5 millions for a some years to come, and we will be tight against the cap next year again.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:15 PM
  #4
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
$338,710 according to the salary cap thread
and then potter won't play for nothing, so it ain't gonna clear that much and he's played pretty solid.
If a d-man gets moved then it should still be rozy just because he earns those 5 millions for a some years to come, and we will be tight against the cap next year again.
I am fine with him, he has played pretty well.........he is -10 though..........obviously that is not good

Potter is only 550,000 so that saves 1.5 or so........

Just looking for ways they can save money

For argument sake this is my point

I rather have a forward for the Gomez, Drury line than a 6th Dman..........I am confident Potter can fill that spot

Rozi yea sure he could be moved but in all honestly everyone is hard on the guy and he is starting to bounce back now

The logical moves to me are Kalinin, Prucha, Dawes, Fritsche, Rissmiller.............those pieces are expendable if it brings in a solid top 6 forward even if it's a rental

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
  #5
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 25,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The only reason rozsival is "bouncing back" is because he dosen't have like 1000 people booing him in the home arena while the other 17000 are saying SHOOT IT!

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:20 PM
  #6
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
i wouldn't call two good games by Rozsival a turn around. Lets wait and see what happens.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:25 PM
  #7
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
So we pull the only defenseman showing any signs of being NHL-capable right now from Hartford. What happens when one of our six defensemen get hurt?

We have no depth at D. It is the one position Slats will no trade away unless he's getting another back.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
  #8
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
So we pull the only defenseman showing any signs of being NHL-capable right now from Hartford. What happens when one of our six defensemen get hurt?

We have no depth at D. It is the one position Slats will no trade away unless he's getting another back.
I don't think it would be difficult to get another back end Dman............

anyways the team is doing well..................plenty of time......i will stop thinking about deals,hah

it will happen when i dont expect it anyways

one trade partner could be Dallas.........they are sucking it up and need to do something............who would like good old Sergei Zubov back,hah.............I really think Lehtenen may make sense too

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
  #9
shon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
I actually think Kalalin is doing fine.
I think they would get a way better forward for Rosival or Redden who we can afford to lose with the other d we have and will be having.
Our trouble is consistant scoring not our defence. we have Henrik too.
we need a natural scorer and playmaker.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
  #10
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
How could you say you'd trust Potter with the 6th d-man's spot? Because he played well in a couple of preseason games? Not to mention Kalinen hasnt been bad.

You let Kalinen walk next year and theres your 2.1 million in cap space. I dont think the need to clear a relatively modest cap charge is needed at all at this time...and if it ever is, they'll dump Prucha and Rissmiller.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:18 PM
  #11
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I am fine with him, he has played pretty well.........he is -10 though..........obviously that is not good

Potter is only 550,000 so that saves 1.5 or so........

Just looking for ways they can save money

For argument sake this is my point

I rather have a forward for the Gomez, Drury line than a 6th Dman..........I am confident Potter can fill that spot

Rozi yea sure he could be moved but in all honestly everyone is hard on the guy and he is starting to bounce back now

The logical moves to me are Kalinin, Prucha, Dawes, Fritsche, Rissmiller.............those pieces are expendable if it brings in a solid top 6 forward even if it's a rental
You do realize who his defensive partner was until the last couple of games so that cant be a driving point for your arguement...

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:58 PM
  #12
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You do realize who his defensive partner was until the last couple of games so that cant be a driving point for your arguement...
Plus the idea that Malik led the team in +/- completely negates the concept of the stat being relevant.

Kalinin might not be putting up the points or making awesome hits and diving blocked shots, but he's done his job perfectly well. He hasn't really screwed up anything, and that's all you can really ask for out of your 6th defenseman, and offensively I think he's actually done well given the money he's being paid and his position on the team. I think he's done well in the offensive zone, with good passing and great skating with the puck. He's had decent shot opportunities too, and while none of them have gone in yet I do think they eventually will. He's positioned himself in great positions to score, and has shown in the past the potential to put them in. He's not going to run the powerplay by any means but I think he'll chip in with around 3 goals or so by the end of the year. Unless we got an offer we couldn't refuse (not going to happen) or it was a lateral trade for another defenseman (redundant) there is no reason for Sather to trade Kalinin. His UFA status next year is an asset to us if anything, and not an issue.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:08 PM
  #13
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
I just think the guys to trade our the ones with the big contracts. I mean it's very subjective and I have my preferences but don't want to make it a debate. I just want to see a lot of $ get thrown at these three players in the off season if possible. In order of how I'd like to see it done as well.

Zherdev than
Dubi and
Staal

Though Staal I don't think I won't start really worrying until after next year so I have time. Now although Redden > Kalinen. I would prefer to trade the former. This will not be done because it makes absolutely no sense from Slats stand point.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:07 PM
  #14
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Kalinin has been one of our better defensemen this year, he should not be traded.
one of our better defenseman? that implies he's on the top half of the 6. I would say he has actually been our 6th best defenseman. Girardi/Staal/Mara have been our best 3, redden/roszi, while disappointing, are still better than kalinin, it just seems different because of expectations.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:48 AM
  #15
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
one of our better defenseman? that implies he's on the top half of the 6. I would say he has actually been our 6th best defenseman. Girardi/Staal/Mara have been our best 3, redden/roszi, while disappointing, are still better than kalinin, it just seems different because of expectations.
Please....Rosie has NOT been better than Kalinin...not even close.

And you're right usually being one of a team's best defenseman usually does imply that he's on the top half of the 6, BUT that isnt the case with the Rangers. The Rangers have a solid defensive group back their that a guy like Kalinin, who has been exceeded expectations of him, is considered our 5th best.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.