HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs in Trouble

Old
11-29-2008, 02:23 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Habs in Trouble

About 8 games ago, I put out a thread suggesting we'd know a lot about the Habs over the course of the next few games. Add 4 more games to that and a much clearer picture is taking shape.

We are in trouble. Perhaps last year we overachieved and were basically injury free. This year, far too many guys are underachieving: Pleks, Kovy, AK46, AK47, Komi, Higgins, Lats-- that's our main stable of players other than Koivu and Tanguay. What concerns me more is that the passion and heart on this team is missing, which leads not only to poor performances but a lack of individual and collective accountability. Too many passengers far too often. You don't put together win streaks with that kind of demeanor.

And Carbo. I like him as a coach and you can truly see him learning from year 1 to now. But the team is close to not responding to him and he is running out of ways to motivate his team (Boone certainly suggested that in his article). Whether we win or lose, it's the same story everynight with four exceptions since the season began: 1st TO game, Phoenix, Ottawa (4-0) and Detroit. Other than those games, we have not played particularly well, win or lose.

What worries me most is when I watch other teams, some of which are less talented, they play and work hard all game. Good forecheck, get back on D, drive to the net, and take better advantage on the PP. We don't do any of those things particularly well. We look involved at times, then complacent, up and down, and so goes the Habs world.

We're having trouble scoring goals, but rather than do the little things necessary to snap out of a slump (crash the net, plant a Holstromm like presence in front of the net on the PP, shoot more, and finish our checks), we wait for Pleks or Kost or Kovy to make a nice play and for a goal to come that way. We are not going to score more than 2 goals a game very often relying on pure finesse.

There's little desire out there and that's when things become really troubling. We should be concerned. All we've got now is a .500 at best. If this play continues, don't be surprised if we slide into 9th spot and fail to make the playoffs.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Fire Brunet*

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Lone Rogue

Remember these threads last year around this time?

Good times.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote