Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Sutter surprise or disappoint?

Old
11-29-2008, 01:06 PM
andy*

vCash: 500
Will Sutter surprise or disappoint?

When making trades will Sutter surprise or disappoint us. Will he make a trade that makes this team better or will he make a move that sucks. From now to trade deadline.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
When making trades will Sutter surprise or disappoint us. Will he make a trade that makes this team better or will he make a move that sucks. From now to trade deadline.
This is not really off topic at all actually... but you will need to define "make a move that sucks" one person may think a trade for a depth player "sucks" another will think a depth player makes the team better... I think Sutter will add depth, probably another forward and another defenseman... and since I believe depth makes a team better... my vote goes to making a team better

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:24 PM
tsumetai

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
unless an obvious void in our lineup is noticed (thru injury or underachieving players), I doubt Sutter will make any major moves. He seems content to keep our core and add a few players here and there around it.

tsumetai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
bam09

He'll make an unsubstantial move. One that doesn't hurt the team but it won't really help it. I don't see him grabbing any impact player maybe he'll add more depth players ala Primeau but not much more IMO.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:54 PM
GoFlames

I think he made plenty of moves in the off season.... things are just starting to look like they are gelling. Only if something is available that will help would I see Sutter making a move

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:42 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Well with the wide variety of Flames fans out there with their own views and opinions, I'd say it's impossible for him to please or anger everybody.

Therefore, probably both.

I agree with Lunatik mostly, that he'll probably make a depth move for a player that some people will question and dislike, but others who understand the depth needed in the playoffs will appreciate the move.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote