HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings are desperate

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 06:42 AM
LondonFan

vCash: 500
Kings are desperate

The Kings desperately need a quality, experienced defenseman. Could that be Brian Leetch? He could certainly lift them. I don't really know what we could expect or get back, but it could be possible.

Old
03-02-2004, 07:51 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
The Kings desperately need a quality, experienced defenseman. Could that be Brian Leetch? He could certainly lift them. I don't really know what we could expect or get back, but it could be possible.

i would try to pawn off poti first! much rather get rid of that wuss then leetch!

Old
03-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i would try to pawn off poti first! much rather get rid of that wuss then leetch!
Welcome back DEEK !!!

Old
03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I wish we could be as desperate as the Kings for a change!

Old
03-02-2004, 08:50 AM
LondonFan

They are looking for experience. Norstrom (currently injured) is really their only talented vet on D. Ok I know thats not really a cause for complaint, they have a great farm system there - but to challenge in the playoffs they have to get a talented, experienced defenseman and most importantly one who can lead the PP.

Obviously, Poti would suit any team, but lets face it, with his high talent and stellar play this year, it would take 5 first rounders and a fist-ful of prospects to prize him away from this team huh.

Old
03-02-2004, 09:02 AM
KingsFan7824

Norstrom isn't injured(I know, that doesn't make sense with the Kings, but it's true), his wife gave birth just as their last game was starting. So he got the day off. But I would guess they are looking for experience on the blueline, since Miller and Visnovsky are out for who knows how long at this point.

Old
03-02-2004, 09:26 AM
nyr7andcounting

Do you think Nedved or Rucinsky would fit into that team out west? Seems like nedved could play with Straka whenever he comes back.

What do you think we could get for a Nedved-Poti or Malakhov package? Could be a good place to start dismantling this team because LA does have so many injuries.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:48 PM
LondonFan

Damn - thats what I get for posting at work. I had only read about half an hour before that Matty was actually with his wife.

I don't know how Nedved would fit in there with Stumpel. They could really do with Bobby Holik, but so could a lot of teams. Shame about the contract.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Do you think Nedved or Rucinsky would fit into that team out west? Seems like nedved could play with Straka whenever he comes back.

What do you think we could get for a Nedved-Poti or Malakhov package? Could be a good place to start dismantling this team because LA does have so many injuries.
I would think the Kngs would be interested in Nedved or Malakov. The Kings have a surplus of offensive D-men, I don't think they would have much interest in Poti

BTW,Straka is expected back in our next game, which is Thursday.

Would it be safe to assume you gusy would be looking for prospects? We have a ton

Old
03-02-2004, 03:38 PM
tomd

the only difference between the kings and the rangers is that the kings might play 4 (or maybe 5) playoff games this year. other than that, both teams should be looking towards the future. only the truly delusional believe that adding a Leetch or a Malahkov (or a Gonchar or a Witt for that matter) will truly make the kings a SC competitor this year. but having said that, there are apparently a large number of delusional kings fans out there.

Old
03-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd
the only difference between the kings and the rangers is that the kings might play 4 (or maybe 5) playoff games this year. other than that, both teams should be looking towards the future. only the truly delusional believe that adding a Leetch or a Malahkov (or a Gonchar or a Witt for that matter) will truly make the kings a SC competitor this year. but having said that, there are apparently a large number of delusional kings fans out there.
Ouch!

I don't think any logical Kings fan out there is expecting to win the cup this year. We are thinking more along the lines of acquiring some help to make the playoffs and maybe squeak to the second round and if a major miracle happened the third.

Old
03-03-2004, 04:05 AM
LondonFan

Well with Leetch I was thinking this - if there is hockey next year (or even in two years) a team like the Kings, with Leetch, Ziggy, Straka, Allison (health permitting) and a bunch of good prospects (ie Frolov) would actually be a strong contender.

Closed Thread