HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings best Prospect

View Poll Results: Which prospect is our best>
Hickey 16 17.58%
Bernier 56 61.54%
Teubert 17 18.68%
Someone else (Purcell, Voinov, Zatkoff, Martinez, 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-28-2008, 05:16 PM
hangons

vCash: 500
Kings best Prospect

Assuming that the three rookies that are currently with the Kings have "graduated"...
which prospect would you consider to be our best?

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Im thinking that Teubert could very well develope into the best of these 3, from how he has developed, it might look like:

Teubert
Bernier
Hickey

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Bernier. He is the one with the greatest future and the highest expectation to actually reach that future. Not to mention he is worth the most out of the three... I see both Hickey and Teubert being top 3-4 offensive and defensive defensemen. Obviously our top 1-2 is pretty stacked. Bernier has the opportunity on this team to be playing the top spot with top minutes.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Bernier is still our #1 prospect if you take Doughty out of the mix.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Chruceg

Including Doughty there are only eight over eighteen prospects in the world that are better than Berneir. But if you are taking the guys out who will likely see significant time in the NHL season, which includes Stamkos, Price, Turris, Doughty, Voracek, Okposo, and Pietrangelo, he is the second best over eighteen prospect in the whole world.

Last edited by Chruceg: 11-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
BringTheReign

I'd take the 3 in this order: Hickey, Bernier, Teubert.

I love all 3 of these guys, but from watching Hickey play internationally I think this guy is going to be a stud for us and show everyone that he deserved to be taken over Alzner. I see him becoming Visnovsky but with the heart and desire of an energy guy. From what I've seen and read he is quite the leader as well.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I see him becoming Visnovsky but with the heart and desire of an energy guy.

This implies Lubo didn't have heart and desire, which is b.s.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:05 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
This implies Lubo didn't have heart and desire, which is b.s.
He was clearly dis-interested by 07-08. I dont care how good or bad your team is, you always play fully every year.

Old
11-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Kingler

IMO Voynov deserves to be up there and not have his name bunched up.

The guy is more than a full year younger than anyone in the Monarchs. But he's leading the team in +/-, and leading the defense in goals and points. So he is doing what Doughty is doing for the Kings but at an AHL level. All of this comes with having to learn new system, playing in a different ring size, learning new culture and language.

IMO, its pretty remarkable what he's doing.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
He was clearly dis-interested by 07-08. I dont care how good or bad your team is, you always play fully every year.
That could be applied to over half the team for 70% of the games last year, so I wouldn't blame Lubo's overall character by that season. However, Hickey does seem to possess much higher leadership skills than Lubo.

I picked Tuebert as our best prospect, simply because I think he is almost guaranteed to make a serious impact on this team. Bernier, if he pans out like he should will make a much larger impact than Tuebert ever could. Especially in these days of the shoot-out, an elite goalie is worth more than an elite defenseman. However, I am simply too jaded to feel as sure about Bernier panning out as I am Tuebert.

Hickey I think will be a solid 30pt defenseman and quality dressing room guy, smart #3 defenseman. If he's as good as Quincey I'll be happy, thrilled if he's better.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
That could be applied to over half the team for 70% of the games last year, so I wouldn't blame Lubo's overall character by that season. However, Hickey does seem to possess much higher leadership skills than Lubo.

I picked Tuebert as our best prospect, simply because I think he is almost guaranteed to make a serious impact on this team. Bernier, if he pans out like he should will make a much larger impact than Tuebert ever could. Especially in these days of the shoot-out, an elite goalie is worth more than an elite defenseman. However, I am simply too jaded to feel as sure about Bernier panning out as I am Tuebert.

Hickey I think will be a solid 30pt defenseman and quality dressing room guy, smart #3 defenseman. If he's as good as Quincey I'll be happy, thrilled if he's better.
Well I think the incredible roster turnover since last year speaks volumes about the truth of this statement. With Cloutier, Blake, Modry, Lubo, Stuart, and Nagy gone (I am sure there are other names that I am forgetting)

Old
11-28-2008, 10:07 PM
T2M

I picked Bernier because I think that with him heating up in Manchester we're finally seeing a goalie who is going to come in here and claim his spot as our number one. I've been a fan of his since I saw him when he was 16 and he stood out like a sore thumb. This is a kid who, I think, has had the silver spoon knocked out of his mouth by Dean Lombardi and now he's going to be hungry and take the number one job in a couple of years. And good on him if he does.

That being said, I think the best thing the OP did was recognize our "top layer" of prospects. I'd rank them as Bernier and then Hickey and Teubert are 2a and 2b. That being said, I'm glad that I only have to do something as trivial as ranking them in our system instead of trying to pick one of the three on draft day. The great thing is that they're all ours.

T2M

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Again, complete horse****. There was never any indication from anyone in the organization that Lubo ever gave anything less than his full effort.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:29 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Again, complete horse****. There was never any indication from anyone in the organization that Lubo ever gave anything less than his full effort.
His on-ice play was, at best, lackluster.

Old
11-29-2008, 10:36 AM
VADEN

Bernier

VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
You mean other than him being traded. You can't have it both ways. Either Lubo lost his edge and Lombardi moved him at precisely the right time, or there was something wrong with Lubo's head that caused him to have an awful season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
LAKings4ever

(IMO) Bernier is the best and most important prospect in the Kings organization, here is how I would rate them:

1) Bernier - Has the highest expectations, talent level of any Kings prospect, and plays a position that has not been developed in the history of the Kings.

2) Hickey - While being the higher draft pick than Bernier now has the luxury of being one of many high draft choices on defense in recent years and know does not have the pressure of the organization on his shoulders and will be given the time needed to develop...probably the highest risk of the top prospects.

3) Purcell - I can' wait for this guy to get called up, has the talent to be a top 6 scorer. He could look good on the top line, but that is getting to far ahead too soon.

4) Teubert - This kid has all the makings of a real beast, looking forward to watching him layout the opposition.

5) Voynov (sp?) - Making a good showing for himself on the Monarchs in his first year in the AHL and he is a fast learner with loads of talent - there is nothing not to like.

Quite honestly, I believe Bernier is the true #1 prospect in the Kings organization, but beyond that it is all speculative and all we know is the the future looks real good for us Kings fans, especially on defense.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

1Bernier
2Hickey
3Teubert
4Purcell
5Voynov
6Loktionov
7Azevedo???

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:43 PM
WADEugottaBELAKthat
Flynt Flossy

Watched Hickey play at the Russia-WHL game...

Hickey is flying woefully under the radar. Everything in me tells me that after the WJC's this year there will no longer be a question of who LA's top prospect is. He should be captain, at he very least. Give him some offensive forwards to man the PP point with, and all of a sudden he gets 4 points in two games. Its a different story in Seattle.

Hickey is special, for real. LA is lucky to have him. His skills are phenomenal. And it even looks like he might get the C for Team Canada, which can only help his confidence moving forward.

Don't get me wrong, I like the other prospects, but from a pure Hockey IQ\potential viewpoint, its not even close.

WADEugottaBELAKthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Druce View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the other prospects, but from a pure Hockey IQ\potential viewpoint, its not even close.
Yah, his smarts was something that was plain as day from 16 years old. Skill, decision making, grit, it was just obvious he had the "it" quality that makes a pro. My Hickey crush aside (and it feels weird pulling so much for a TBird as he destroys my Hawks), until Bernier falters, he's the clear-cut number one prospect IMO.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Hickey and Bernier

I pick Hickey but Bernier is closely following. I've seen flashes of brilliance from both. The Kings are doing better than expected now...but I'm hoping they stick with what they're doing.

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote