HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Al Strachan just said...(Mod-edit:"Cammelleri is on the block")

Old
11-30-2008, 12:42 PM
BadNewsBearcat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I don't doubt Sutter listens to offers for Cammallerri because you just never know when a contending team will overpay for a player.

But with this recent stretch of play I would say we're buyers right now.

Cammy would bring some great assets, say a good young player and a 1st rnd pick but if the Flames can win the NW that means avoiding Detroit and San Jose for possibly two rounds.

As long as we're in the hunt for a top 3 seed Cammy aint going anywhere.
I agree with you 100% on this one.

My guess is maybe Sutter started talking extension and was blown away with the dollars Cammy was asking and thus decided to see if there was any interest around the league in case he does have to move him at the deadline. However, that's just pure speculation on my part, and I just can't see us trading him now that he's developing some great chemistry with Lombardi and Iginla.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

i can't see you guys trading cammy, even more so after he scores a hat trick.

He's a great fit for you guys, and i just can't see Sutter being stupid enough to trade him. Now if Milbury was in the same seat....

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:34 PM
cross16

Lets all stop and think about this source here. This is Al Strachan. What has he got right in the last 4 or 5 years? He is the one that said Tampa Owners were drawing plays on the board. It was denied by everyone in the Tampa organization. When questioned about it on live TV, he just sat there blank faced and didn't even defend himself. Even Melrose when he got fired never mentioned anything about it. He is an idiot who has ZERO business being inovled inhockey. He thought the players would open up the CBA by now and have this big fight within their ranks and look for blodds and it still hasn't happened. 3 seasons ago he said no one wants to play for the Flames. Yet they've managed to keep all their core, bring in Cammy, Sarich, Bertuzzi, Glencross, Bourque and other through trades FA all of which have publicallly stated on more than one occasion that they love it here.

Last season he stated that Vincent Leclavier would demand a trade in the offseason. Yeah how'd that work out Strachan?

He thought Glen Healy was going to be the next GM of the leafs.

I could go on, but i think people by now should get the idea of how much credibility Al Strachan has.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:50 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I really can't see Cammalleri being traded by Sutter. He's been great and trading him I just can't see us getting top value for him right now. He is a free agent though this offseason and may be asking for more then Sutter is willing to give to him for a contract extension. If that is the case though I could potentially see him being traded at the deadline. However I haven't even heard anything from the Calgary media saying they have begun discussions on a new contract.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:56 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
However I haven't even heard anything from the Calgary media saying they have begun discussions on a new contract.

Neither have I.

The only thing I heard on the Fan 960 a couple weeks ago in a pre-game show (I can't remember who exactly it was that said it, but I think it was Mike Rogers) was that when someone asked Cammalleri about possible extension talks, he had said that Sutter had not approached him this far but he would welcome the opportunity to get talks started if Sutter did.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 03:04 AM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
i can't see you guys trading cammy, even more so after he scores a hat trick.
his first in the nhl none-the-less .

he's finally able to dedicate 100% of his game to scoring alongside one of the fastest (if not THE fastest) playmakers in the league with lombardi, and one of the greats with jarome. no wonder he did so "poorly" in la trying to carry a lack-luster, under-developed team on his back. hes one of the hardest working players in the nhl on and off the ice, and it would be absolutely ridiculous for management to even consider moving him without first trying desperately to ink a deal.

if anything we should be in the market for giving up a little depth and possibly our first for an elite defenceman.

lol im surprised people still listen to old uncle strach, but im glad somebody does because this rumor clearly shows signs of dementia.

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Split98

Losing Cammalleri would be absolutely devastating.
I'm churning the past lines in my head... and seriously can't think of one I've liked more.

I was stoked to see the line I've been playing all season in NHL 09 come into fruition

Cammy has brought amazing things to this team. Lombardi has someone to skate with, and the hands on this guy are fantastic. The only negative I've seen from Cammy is his blueline skills... but the only reason he's there is due to a devastating bomb. Once he gets more accustomed to walking the line... we have 2 incredible bombs dropping on the powerplay.

This isn't skill you can find in many other places. I would have never considered him to be a tradeable asset this year... but have definitely been worried about losing him this off season. This is a guy I wanna see locked up.

Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Losing Cammalleri would be absolutely devastating.
I'm churning the past lines in my head... and seriously can't think of one I've liked more.

I was stoked to see the line I've been playing all season in NHL 09 come into fruition

Cammy has brought amazing things to this team. Lombardi has someone to skate with, and the hands on this guy are fantastic. The only negative I've seen from Cammy is his blueline skills... but the only reason he's there is due to a devastating bomb. Once he gets more accustomed to walking the line... we have 2 incredible bombs dropping on the powerplay.

This isn't skill you can find in many other places. I would have never considered him to be a tradeable asset this year... but have definitely been worried about losing him this off season. This is a guy I wanna see locked up.
Way too funny

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Since Strachan is about a reliable as a source as Sean Avery is to keep his mouth shut, you have to look at Sutter's history. Look when Sutter aquired Tanguay, Sutter gave Tanguay a fair oppertunity to see if he would pan out in Calgary or not. When it was apparent Tanguay and the Flames were not a good fit, he was shipped out. It is far to early to tell if Cammy and the Flames will be a good fit long term. IMO, early signs look like it would work out well, but who can predict the future.

The other move Sutter made that I think is important to look at is when Sutter traded for Stuart and Primeau. He gave up 2 good "young" players in Kobasew and Ference. He did this strictly because he wanted to immediately upgrade the team at that current time to contend for the Cup. It is clear that Sutter thinks this team has a shot at the cup this season, so I highly doubt Cammy is going anywhere.

I do agree with the opinion that the only way this would happen is that if a deal could not be struck between them. However, if Darryl thinks this team is a contender this year, why would he trade a Cammelleri? Even he loses him in the off season I doubt he would trade him. And I don't think we will lose him, I could see Sutter parting ways with Bertuzzi to clear up some cap room to keep Cammelleri.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote