HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Strachan: "Cammalleri on the move"

Old
11-30-2008, 06:52 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
who is coach Johnson?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:01 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Sorry JohnsTon

Associate Coach for Kings under Crawford.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:29 PM
EndlessNameless9319

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
To Calgary: Maxim Afinogenov, Henrik Tallinder, BUF 2nd Pick in 2009(or Tim Connolly)

To Buffalo: Mike Cammalleri, CGY 3rd Pick in 2009

I want that to happen as a Sabres fan.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopyKings6123 View Post
To Calgary: Maxim Afinogenov, Henrik Tallinder, BUF 2nd Pick in 2009(or Tim Connolly)

would like to see that from a calgary fan's perspective. Lets get Sutter, Regier, its in your hands now

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM
flames12

Quote:

is Tallinder UFA?

flames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
algernon

Franzen for Cammalleri.
I want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Sorry JohnsTon

Associate Coach for Kings under Crawford.
May I ask who you are? and what other movies did the staff show?

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:

As a Calgary fan, I'd rather not see that happen.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
BrindamoursNose

Camalleri is a good young-ish player (like 28), and I'd have no problem taking him if I were a team that needed a scorer.

He's worth more than what Calgary gave up to get him (which was a 1st rounder I think).

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If Nashville had money to spend, which I am not sure they do, they would be a logical landing place.

12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Ozy_Flame

Perhaps a Cammalleri / Franzen deal could be worked out if both teams could guarantee contract extensions. I'd like to see that.

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Oylerz

I used to think Stachan pulled his rumours out of a hat until he was the insider who broke Prongergate. Now I take a 'wait-and-see' approach to everything he says. Not saying he's right or wrong but when he comes up with something that seems like it's out of left field it may not be.

Oylerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:03 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon View Post
Franzen for Cammalleri.
I want that.

May I ask who you are? and what other movies did the staff show?
I'm just some idiot who paid a few hundred bucks for the Aug 2007 Kings Fantasy Training Camp with about 50 other guys at the El Segundo Training Facility. Actually it was quite good and well worth the money.

It was the only movie they showed us due to limited time but they planned to show more to the players. Coach wanted to get our feedback to see what our thoughts were before using it for real on the guys. We were his dry run. After the session we went from the dressing room to the lounge in the back. Pretty nice. They asked us to come up with answers to a few questions... like what does it mean to be a King to you. I think they were going to use our responses to motivate their players.

Sorry to take this OT. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants extra details on the camp.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Perhaps a Cammalleri / Franzen deal could be worked out if both teams could guarantee contract extensions. I'd like to see that.
I'm sure as a Flames fan you'd like to see that...

but what incentive is there for Detroit to make such a move?

we're talking about the reigning Cup champs, where Franzen played a huge role on their team, and was a monster in the playoffs... he is currently a key player on that team and from everything I've heard, they love him there... he is a perfect part of that team overall - gives them exactly what they need, and again has been huge for them when it matters most.

I can't see any wings fan ever considering this to be a good deal... forget their contract status (they are both going to hit UFA status after this year), but teams like Detroit, don't sacrifice current success for the future, so if your reasoning is that they can sign Cammy cheaper than Franzen, that shouldn't even be a concern for a top contender who will value a current playoff star and a current big part of that team a lot more than a guy like Cammy, who's never even played a NHL playoff game!

if Cammy is moved before the deadline, chances are that you're getting back future for him, since no current playoff contender is likely to give up any key players from their roster for a rental who's got zero playoff experience.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
MattPippy

Strachan and Milbury should just be axed from any airtime what-so-ever. Between the two of them they have 0% brain mass.

MattPippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
They acquired Cammalleri before moving Tanguay... the Tanguay deal had been agreed upon ahead of time and had been rumored for hours but the Flames held off until they could get Cammalleri...

as for the rumor... not a chance unless the Flames are getting back a 'true' #1 center in the deal
a true top center for a scoring winger? that doesnt make sense even if cammi was signed long term. centers are more valuable than wingers, i cant think of a single top center cammy could possible fetch, even if he was signed for 4 years at a reasonable rate....which he is not.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I can't see any wings fan ever considering this to be a good deal... forget their contract status (they are both going to hit UFA status after this year), but teams like Detroit, don't sacrifice current success for the future, so if your reasoning is that they can sign Cammy cheaper than Franzen, that shouldn't even be a concern for a top contender who will value a current playoff star and a current big part of that team a lot more than a guy like Cammy, who's never even played a NHL playoff game!
I don't see how Cammalleri is going to be cheaper than Franzen. He was asking for $6m in arbitration and I know that may be an inflated figure but the market has also inflated since that time. I think it is quite possible Cammalleri gets offered a multi year deal in the $5m+ range (that dreaded word!) on the UFA market. Franzen has had one 20+ goal season and should have another this year as well but I don't see him getting $5m+ (maybe I am out of line here). I think Franzen is the more valuable player (especially for the Wings) and trading him for Cammalleri makes no sense.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
algernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I'm just some idiot who paid a few hundred bucks for the Aug 2007 Kings Fantasy Training Camp with about 50 other guys at the El Segundo Training Facility. Actually it was quite good and well worth the money.

It was the only movie they showed us due to limited time but they planned to show more to the players. Coach wanted to get our feedback to see what our thoughts were before using it for real on the guys. We were his dry run. After the session we went from the dressing room to the lounge in the back. Pretty nice. They asked us to come up with answers to a few questions... like what does it mean to be a King to you. I think they were going to use our responses to motivate their players.

Sorry to take this OT. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants extra details on the camp.

That's cool. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I'm sure as a Flames fan you'd like to see that...

but what incentive is there for Detroit to make such a move?
...rains on my parade...

if Cammy is moved before the deadline, chances are that you're getting back future for him, since no current playoff contender is likely to give up any key players from their roster for a rental who's got zero playoff experience.
You are probably right, but I can dream, can't I? I don't have NHL '09, so this is as close as I can get, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
... I think Franzen is the more valuable player (especially for the Wings) and trading him for Cammalleri makes no sense.

Shhh. Ken Holland might be reading this.

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
crazyforhockey

I agree Bruce Garrioch and Statchan are cut from the same cloth as Eklund,everyday its some crazy rumour out of their .......mouths.

I could only see Cammaleri moving if someone takes one of their defencman Acouin or Sarich,,just so they can get a bit of a salary dump,but who can afford to take on salary???....and are playoff bound???

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Strachan said, that Cammalleri is on the block, since Sutter wants to get back to his old kind of team.
He wants to lose in the 1st round again?

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Heske_44

Still don't understand what the problem is if Cammalleri is trying to get the most money possible. I really don't.

He isn't a Jason Blake by any stretch of the imagination. Blake was almost 30 by the time he had his first full year to begin with. Cammalleri just turned 26. The past three years (24,25,26) he's averaged almost 70 points.

I think a lot of his "threats" have been taken out of context. It may have been mentioned but I also recall DL saying he didn't want to pay Cammalleri like a 35 goal scorer right after he popped in 34 and 80 points on a team going nowhere in the now. I probably wouldn't want to stay either...

I've watched a lot of Flames this year and he's looked continually better now that he's on the first line. I think he will see a contract in the vicinity of 5 million next year. Someone will pay it.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heske_44 View Post
Still don't understand what the problem is if Cammalleri is trying to get the most money possible. I really don't.

He isn't a Jason Blake by any stretch of the imagination. Blake was almost 30 by the time he had his first full year to begin with. Cammalleri just turned 26. The past three years (24,25,26) he's averaged almost 70 points.

I think a lot of his "threats" have been taken out of context. It may have been mentioned but I also recall DL saying he didn't want to pay Cammalleri like a 35 goal scorer right after he popped in 34 and 80 points on a team going nowhere in the now. I probably wouldn't want to stay either...

I've watched a lot of Flames this year and he's looked continually better now that he's on the first line. I think he will see a contract in the vicinity of 5 million next year. Someone will pay it.
and i think he will have deserved it far more than blake did, he is a top scoring winger in the game - he deserves more credit. pts gets you cash and he gets pts.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
and i think he will have deserved it far more than blake did, he is a top scoring winger in the game - he deserves more credit. pts gets you cash and he gets pts.
Exactly. Cammalleri has been terrific for us this year. I hope Calgary would have no interest in trading him unless it is clear we are out of the playoff picture.

He's pretty much What Tanguay was to us... except that he's cheaper, takes more shots and hits the net more. He's always in the right place at the right time.

I want to see what this guy can potentially do for Calgary in the playoffs. Zero interest in trading him right now.

Old
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post

He'll also barely be 27 when he gets it...not 34 like Blake. Cammalleri isn't a big physical guy and his defensive side is average but he is very intellegent, has a hard shot, solid passing ability and is a very tough competitor.

Some people (posters, tsn, anyone) get so caught up in the negatives. If you are a point producer then you are inadequate because you aren't equally as solid defensively and if you are a shutdown guy then you aren't as valuable because you are putting up enough offensive support.

Not to mention Millbury is a complete moron. If I was him I'd probably sit around and try to be a yes man, collect my cheque before his suggestions get him out of work...again.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heske_44 View Post
Some people (posters, tsn, anyone) get so caught up in the negatives. If you are a point producer then you are inadequate because you aren't equally as solid defensively and if you are a shutdown guy then you aren't as valuable because you are putting up enough offensive support.
QFT; very solid observation. Alot of that goes on here, and it's mainly fans of teams judging players of other teams.

Old
12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

I don't know what it is with Cammalleri. He is a gifted player, speedy with a great shot. I am hard pressed to know why we may be traded 2x in less than a full season. I think Calgary should keep him.

Boxscore is online now   Reply With Quote