HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 11/30 Florida Panthers @ New York Rangers 1:00 PM MSG

Old
11-30-2008, 03:49 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Was a harsh game for you guys. Any other game that would have been a lot tougher for the Panthers to win. But I would like to say, yeah.. you can look at the standings and say this team is horrible but it really isn't. Tonight they showed that when they play the system they can compete with quite a few others. Consistency and confidence are huge problems with Florida.

But honestly, I'd like to say Lundqvist is a beast, and really psyched to see Zherdev succeed, I've always really liked him.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM
bumrusherer

Thank you for the Giants. I'm sure this game wasnt fun for yall to watch.

What went wrong or for that matter, what went right?

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 04:04 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
are you serious. are you even watching the game? were down 3 zip to an awful panthers team. weve looked flat and lifeless and we AGAIN scored no goals after 2 perios at home. what, you think the fans are gonna cheer for him.

rozy is -2 already. hes the new whipping boy for the msg crazies and hell have a hard time shaking that label if he continues to lose his checks and not shoot the puck.

hes weak. at best.

I'm absolutely dead serious. He was singled out when everyone else except for Hank has been playing as if blindfolded. If you're going to boo, boo everything. Don't start clownin it up at one guy. Do the fans cheer for him in the situation? No, and I never suggested that.

Go back to your Rosival booing.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

I hate when i'm right about losses

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:16 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
i cant believe i actually sat thru that at the garden...it was soo funny when the PA announced one minute left in the 3rd period everyone cheered...then we proceeded to boo them off the ice and this team today deserved nothing but that CUZ THEY DID NOT SHOW UP TO PLAY!!

from end to end every part of their game today was horrible what they took the day off???????????? worst game of the year...enjoy skating tomorrow

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:36 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
i cant believe i actually sat thru that at the garden...it was soo funny when the PA announced one minute left in the 3rd period everyone cheered...then we proceeded to boo them off the ice and this team today deserved nothing but that CUZ THEY DID NOT SHOW UP TO PLAY!!

from end to end every part of their game today was horrible what they took the day off???????????? worst game of the year...enjoy skating tomorrow
skating?? please. Renney's going to give em the day off to rest and think about their play.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:01 PM
lbrowne

I must be the only one not surprised that they lost to a very hungry team? A team that battled hard last game against the Rangers only to come up short in front of their home crowd. Then taking on the same opponents a couple nights later on their turf.

Florida are not as bad as the record indicates, just like the boys in the booth said.

The writing was on the wall and I was somewhat expecting a loss, just wished it wasn't a 4-0 drubbing and another goalie having a career game against us. Take that along with the Rangers not coming out strong enough and you get a loss.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:07 PM
JLand

I wrestled with the decision whether I should go to the game or not. I wanted to watch the Giants game, but then my friend talked me over. Not only did we almost get run over by some Snoop Dogg wannabe, but then the Rangers almost finished the job of getting us killed. That was so uninspiring.

JLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:12 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
If a few of us from this board threw on football gear and played the Detroit Lions we'd make THEM look like a pretty good team...There's a reason that they only have 8 wins against the rest of the NHL...aka good teams aka teams that can score aka teams that can play defense aka teams with a power play aka not us...lol
We handed San Jose their second loss (they've still only lost 3) and hung with the Wings. I didn't get to watch the game but I'd be willing to be that the team that won tonight was a completely different one from the one that earned most of the record you're bashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I must be the only one not surprised that they lost to a very hungry team? A team that battled hard last game against the Rangers only to come up short in front of their home crowd. Then taking on the same opponents a couple nights later on their turf.

Florida are not as bad as the record indicates, just like the boys in the booth said.

The writing was on the wall and I was somewhat expecting a loss, just wished it wasn't a 4-0 drubbing and another goalie having a career game against us. Take that along with the Rangers not coming out strong enough and you get a loss.
Career night? That was last season for Andy.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post

yeah true, it almost like it didnt really even happen. since we expected it and the other team played hard, and isnt really that bad,i mean, its no big deal....

lets not forget...

the rotten powerplay
the blocked shots
the missed shots high and wide or lack of even getting off a shot on countless oddman breakins
the rotten powerplay
playing like zombies without any passion
hank getting pulled
losing to a team who actually wanted to skate and open it up, yet we cannot open it up because we are like defensive robots who can only play one way. conservative and boring.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:57 PM
XParise9X

Send a message via AIM to XParise9X
Panthers came back against the Devils too, I came home today and asked my brothers who is a Rangers fan the score and my exact commen was "I know the Rangers had to have won, but I want to know by how much" when I saw the score my jaw dropped.

I think people forget sometimes that no matter how "good/bad" the team they are all still NHL players, they all had to be amazing to get where they are, so I guess the Rangers will hopefully learn from this one. Hopefully pick it up in the next game.

XParise9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

on the plus side, we didn't allow a short handed goal in this game.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Aren't we suppose to score goals to win a hockey game? I strongly thought so. I mean guys, I'm actually reading some posts on this this thread and I can't stop to laugh about some of you who are asking once more for Rozsi's head. That's ridiculous, If we can't score, where's the point to blame him particularly. That's just hilarious. You can't expect him to score a goal each night, we're supposed to have guys for that, where were they tonight? Rozsi played better in the last games, earned 5 assists in 3 games, made some good defensive plays.

Please give the big guy a break, he played two good games this week on the road, I'm sure without him playing like this, we wouldn't have brought these 4 points. And look at the result, you keep walking down his street with torches and ropes to hang him up to the nearest three. How pathetic fans some of you are...

Peace.

Last edited by King of cool: 11-30-2008 at 09:08 PM.
King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:11 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
on the plus side, we didn't allow a short handed goal in this game.
but we almost did...the safest place in the arena when NYR is on the powerplay is in the opposing teams net

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Going into the weekend with the three Florida games i said anything less than 4 points would be a failure.

Well they got the 4 out of 6 so im happy but im not impressed the way they got them.

For me, 2 or 3 powerplay goals or 2 or 3 TIMELY goals, like at the start of this game (Dubinsky, Drury, etc.) could have made these three games much more palatable.

BUT, they managed to get 4 points, even though they got them through the shootout. They just really need to start scoring when it counts otherwise those points are going to be going the other way.

Im not expecting the scoring to come though. 3 or 4 players have to step up for that to happen and the PP has to start clicking. I dont know what its going to take to have that happen. something has to change, someone has to get hot. Someone has to start carrying this team in the offensive zone. A line has to get dominant, players going to the net. A better forecheck, a cycle maybe? Speed in the zone... One timers, moves, set screen plays, movement - a certain defensemam stepping up his offensive game???

Cue the Rocky theme.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Garv23

Very bad game that's over now. On to the next...

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Very bad game that's over now. On to the next...
I'm with you.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:32 AM
94now

I don't think it's a terrible loss. Nor do I agree Rangers did not show up for the game. It was just a loss, so far I'm surprised they didn't lose more than they did up to date.
This team has its problems. It is not built correctly and lots of holes in the line-up are covered by superb golaltending. Well, Henke was not to blame, he played average for NHL, which is sub par for him. Drury-Gomez-Gallahan are done as a line. The first two were dormant and Cally is not 1st line wing anyway. I suggest the following change:

Zherdev-Gomez-Naslund
Prucha-Drury-Dubinski
Voros-Korpikoski-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts -Orr

Moving Dubi to the wing would send the message to the kid that his defense needs an improvement, plus it may get Drury going again.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Fletch

what about sending Korps to the wing instead of Dubi? Heck, Korps doesn't even belong in a faceoff circle.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know if line changes are going to do "it"

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
what about sending Korps to the wing instead of Dubi? Heck, Korps doesn't even belong in a faceoff circle.
You probably right, but I'd keep Korps where he is just to get him weathered a bit. I have high hopes for that kid.
Hey, how about re-acquiring Radek Dvorak for the little fish we've got plenty. He can play top six wing.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:07 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
You probably right, but I'd keep Korps where he is just to get him weathered a bit. I have high hopes for that kid.
Hey, how about re-acquiring Radek Dvorak for the little fish we've got plenty. He can play top six wing.
Dude, he's 4th line on Florida....

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
LamoTheKid

The one thing thats really beginning to stand out to me is that outside of Voros, NO ONE ON THIS TEAM GOES TO THE NET.

I can't count how many times rebounds were just sitting in front of the goal last night and no one was there. No one. EVER. It made me way more mad then Rozy or Redden or the Passing Play (I'm no longer referring to it as the Power Play, its just downright pathetic).

I swear this team things scrappy goals in front of the net is beneath them. Its like how the Yankees never bunted back in the day.

And no, the skys not falling, I give FLA credit, they played very well. But our weaknesses we're really amplified last night. On a positive tip, Naslund was absolutely fantastic and was full of hustle.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
NYC427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Was a harsh game for you guys. Any other game that would have been a lot tougher for the Panthers to win. But I would like to say, yeah.. you can look at the standings and say this team is horrible but it really isn't. Tonight they showed that when they play the system they can compete with quite a few others. Consistency and confidence are huge problems with Florida.

But honestly, I'd like to say Lundqvist is a beast, and really psyched to see Zherdev succeed, I've always really liked him.
+1.............

NYC427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
i agree plus it'll serve as a wake up call to a struggling dubi and give korpedo a chance to show some of those offensive skills.

more importantly we gotta get dru off of the wing-it just doesnt work and it seems like everyone but renney and co. seems to realize it.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote