HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

11/30/08 "Taking A Bite Out Of The Big Apple" Panthers Vs. Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
well, you could say the same about belak. nobody wants these guys without jettisoning some of their own trash is probably a more accurate way of putting it
Agreed. Right now I'd say that McLean, Zednik & Murphy are all candidates for such a "trade".

Old
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
first of all, stewie's shown me more than any of the injured guys (yes, even horton) except booth and certainly deserves to be on the roster. hell, he should be getting *more* minutes and will be soon enough. in any event, he's not going anywhere in case you've just tuned in (i.e. missed the discussion during the pre-season) - he'd have to pass through waivers to be sent down. not happening.
Did not know he would have to clear waivers if sent down. I agree then to keep him here because he has really played great the last few weeks and finally dropped the gloves in the last game. I just wish he would drop them more often. Now, since Stewart is definately not going anywhere we have way to many forwards once we are healthy because Frolik has really played well and should not be sent down either. So a trade has to be in the works to get rid of a forward or two.

Old
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I'd rather see Stewart on the roster right now than Zednik or McLean. It seems McLean isn't a good fit for DeBoer's system - he's been practically invisible and is leading the team at -9.
yeah, definitely less than effective thus far but he showed me a little something yesterday. he's not really big enough to be the first man in but if he can be the 2nd guy, coming in to vacuum up the puck and get it to the net, he can be effective. he did that a couple of times yesterday. in general though, yeah - stewie over zeds or mclean at this point.

Old
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Thing is...when's the last team we've ever been completely healthy? I don't honestly see anyone going anywhere just yet, though, I wouldn't mind seeing Zednik sent packing sooner than later. I've always liked McLean and was happy when he was signed, but he hasn't been doing much this season.

12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
yeah, definitely less than effective thus far but he showed me a little something yesterday. he's not really big enough to be the first man in but if he can be the 2nd guy, coming in to vacuum up the puck and get it to the net, he can be effective. he did that a couple of times yesterday. in general though, yeah - stewie over zeds or mclean at this point.
I agree there, and will you for being one of the, if not the only, guys to really stick by him. I've really liked having him stay up this season, he's more than earned his spot.

Old
12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Thing is...when's the last team we've ever been completely healthy? I don't honestly see anyone going anywhere just yet, though, I wouldn't mind seeing Zednik sent packing sooner than later. I've always liked McLean and was happy when he was signed, but he hasn't been doing much this season.
That's the thing, you're right, we probably won't be fully healthy at any point in the season, plus Zed and McLean likely wouldn't get us anything anyway. We might be able to get a pick for Zed at the deadline, maybe.

Old
12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Sorry that I somewhat think long term with this franchise than some others. My head is not completely buried in the sand...just half way
It's not enough that the Canadians who live up there are comping at the bit to get this team moved, now someone who's a fan talks about it being moved?

If the damn team can start winning, people will start going. Look at the attendance figures closer to their last playoff game, Florida even a couple years out was in the middle of the pack. People love the game here, they won't come out and spend their heard earned money on a losing franchise. The Heat are a good example of this, and they just won a championship. I say this because I saw several Heat games last season (I'm not a fan of basketball at all, but I follow them and was interested in their attendance) where the arena seemed empty. People in South Florida won't support a losing team. Call in bandwagoning, etc., but my mom stopped her STH's a couple years ago due to the constant losing. She loves hockey, but hates Cohen.

Old
12-01-2008, 09:26 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
It's not enough that the Canadians who live up there are comping at the bit to get this team moved, now someone who's a fan talks about it being moved?

If the damn team can start winning, people will start going. Look at the attendance figures closer to their last playoff game, Florida even a couple years out was in the middle of the pack. People love the game here, they won't come out and spend their heard earned money on a losing franchise. The Heat are a good example of this, and they just won a championship. I say this because I saw several Heat games last season (I'm not a fan of basketball at all, but I follow them and was interested in their attendance) where the arena seemed empty. People in South Florida won't support a losing team. Call in bandwagoning, etc., but my mom stopped her STH's a couple years ago due to the constant losing. She loves hockey, but hates Cohen.
I'm familiar with the Marlins attendance rise and dips too...I'm a very knowledeable North American sports fan. Good valid points,but it does not make it right either

Closed Thread