HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor/van, Col/dal, Cal/cls

Old
11-30-2008, 09:17 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Tor/van, Col/dal, Cal/cls

Get ready to flame, and I mean BBQ!

From TOR: D Pavel Kubina
From VAN: D Mattias Ohlund

From COL: RW Ian Laperriere
From DAL: F Steve Ott

From CAL: pick
From CLS: G Frederic Norrena

Now are you ready to flame?

I SAID ARE YOU READY TO FLAME?

Excellent, I thought you might be.

Now I didn't invent these "ideas", they came from a world class expert - here's the link:

Bruce BBQ Garrioch: Let's Make a Deal

Now I don't want to see any lame flames in this thread - if you post, its got to be either:
a) a World Class flame
b) some reasons explaining why you think/feel/hope/guess that Garrioch is not off base (due to size, hard for him to get completely off base, but he can't run with something either)

FLAME ON!

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:36 AM
JeffYear92*

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post

Now I didn't invent these "ideas", they came from a world class expert - here's the link:

Now I don't want to see any lame flames in this thread - if you post, its got to be either:
a) a World Class flame
b) some reasons explaining why you think/feel/hope/guess that Garrioch is not off base (due to size, hard for him to get completely off base, but he can't run with something either)

FLAME ON!

First trade is awful
Second trade is good
Third trade is good.

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Lunatik*

I don't have much to say about the first couple deals... but Norrena to the Flames at least makes some sense

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:54 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Trade 3- Might make sense, but heads up, Calgary. Freddy No played much better as the starter in 06-07 than he has as the backup the last two seasons. Being #2 behind Kipper may put him closer to playing again, but it may not get him completely out of the funk he's been in.

The Ottawa Sun loves us recently, I just wish they'd give us another idea as to who the Sens are still looking at.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:55 AM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

the first 2 trades are apples for apples

no point

The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:17 AM
BigG44

The 2nd trade is not apples for apples, and the logic of the guy that came up with this is awful.

Quote:
Colorado sends RW Ian Laperriere to Dallas for Steve Ott: Even though Ott is out for a month with a broken right hand, the Stars need to get him out of the dressing room permanently. There's already enough of a sideshow with Sean Avery around. Dallas would like to add some help up front with captain Brenden Morrow out for the year. Laperriere is a character guy and wouldn't be afraid to put Avery in his place.
Why would Dallas trade a 26 year old player with a year remaining on his contract for a 34 year old player who will be an UFA in the summer?

They play the same game except Steve Ott can play center and is pretty good at faceoffs. This is not a good proposal. The main reason being that the guy that came up with this obviously knows zero about the Stars. Steve Ott is respected in the locker room, and when , if, he goes over the line they aren’t afraid to tell him. This is just a bad idea.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
ttam103

Quote:

No thanks. Ohlund is a more consistent producer and a leader on the team. Not to mention Ohlunds going to probably to be close or even lower then Kubina's salary if we keep him (which i believe he will stay with Vancouver).

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Colorado sends RW Ian Laperriere to Dallas for Steve Ott: Even though Ott is out for a month with a broken right hand, the Stars need to get him out of the dressing room permanently. There's already enough of a sideshow with Sean Avery around. Dallas would like to add some help up front with captain Brenden Morrow out for the year. Laperriere is a character guy and wouldn't be afraid to put Avery in his place.
So he's saying Ott is a locker room cancer who has to be gone, while Laperriere is a character guy. Why does Avs want Ott again? Laperriere is a much more productive player offensively even at this age in his career. There is the age gap to consider, but if the Avs are in rebuild and trade off veteran mode, I'd take a fourth rounder over a turd like Ott.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:57 AM
CRDragon
¯\_(シ)_/¯

first two trade is completely pointless.....
3rd trade......meh I could really care less.

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:29 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Columbus says "Okay...."

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:

kubina is worth more than ohlund... no thanks

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:02 PM
UFancyHuh

i would rather keep kubina than ohlund

UFancyHuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Bills09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYear92 View Post
First trade is awful
Second trade is good
Third trade is good.
Agreed

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
So he's saying Ott is a locker room cancer who has to be gone, while Laperriere is a character guy. Why does Avs want Ott again? Laperriere is a much more productive player offensively even at this age in his career. There is the age gap to consider, but if the Avs are in rebuild and trade off veteran mode, I'd take a fourth rounder over a turd like Ott.
The best part is, is him saying Lappy will put Avery in his place. You think the locker room is bad now Garrioch put Lappy and Avery in the same room night after night. These 2 absolutely hate each other from their days together in LA. Lappy hates Avery more so than Morrow does. That would be a good idea to put those 2 together again.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
lefty2time*

LOL

Ohlund > Kubina
as a player contracts put aside

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Pure

Quote:
exactly.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
LOL

Ohlund > Kubina
as a player contracts put aside

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:

a) a World Class flame

FLAME ON!
Not enough of a block buster for Brian Burke. He likes to make a big splash either when he takes over a team or at the draft. Maybe this time he'll try both.

A more realistic attempt for Burke if trading with the Canucks would be either Luongo to the Leafs or something like a package of Edler, Hodgson and Vancouver's 1st round pick to the Leafs. Burke doesn't value 2nd round picks very much so Gillis can expect a bunch of those coming back Vancouver's way with a goalie maybe a 2nd line winger for the Sedins (Joseph & Kulemin?). What ever trade actually comes about, I expect it to be very lopsided in favour of the Leafs and much of the pressure to make it so will come from Bettman and the NHL head office in order to help Toronto to quickly regain a major status in representing Canadian hockey to the world and more importantly to the Canadian & US TV networks. With the current ecconomic threat to some of the teams that generate most of the TV revenue for the NHL, expect a lot of backroom manipulation that will be at the expense of southern and western teams.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:
my thoughts exactly
hes also a complete baby who wont fight when he instigates it.
see boston game

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Doug19

You don't want Norena at all. Plus why trade for him when you can grab him off of waivers soon.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post
my thoughts exactly
hes also a complete baby who wont fight when he instigates it.
see boston game
I guess the word agitator doesn't register through your concrete head? Why would he go to the box for 5 minutes, when he can get his team on the powerplay for 2? I'm sorry you cannot wrap your mind around such a simple concept.

---

And saying Steve Ott is a "lockerroom cancer" couldn't be farther from the truth. He was raised through this organization and is friends with Morrow, Dailey, and the rest of the team. This guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
It's already been brought up how much Lappy hates Avery. Aside from that, I don't see why Colorado would trade for a lesser version of the same thing.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I don't have much to say about the first couple deals... but Norrena to the Flames at least makes some sense
Ummm **** no. Complete opposite of what he said

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I'm not sure how well Norrena and Keenan would get along. Norrena's a real firebrand at times (part of why I loved him so much two years ago), and I imagine that could go either way with Iron Mike.

But, hey, anything that gives him a better situation than what he has over here is perfectly fine by me - especially if we get a return. I'll be sure to send him a nice thank-you card.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Dions shoulder

Norrena to Calgary does not make sense right now. Until McElhinney proves he cannot handle the job, Sutter will not replace him. Give him more games to decide this.

We have numerous quality goalies waiting in the wings, trading for Norrena would send the wrong signal.

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote