Notices

Game 23: vs Edmonton, 11/30

Old
11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Caseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I can't find a post where you said even strength .... besides you're wrong anyway.

Scoring goals is one aspect of playing well. The Richards line played Edmonton's top line at even strength and didn't allow them to score. In the offensive zone they were able to get shots off and sustain time in the zone. They were a very effective line at even strength. Goal would have been nice, but that’s not the only thing that is a measuring stick of a solid line.
Here ya go:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Come on, they attempted it more than once. Just because they were not official lines, Tippett has tried matching them up in-game last season and this. There hasn't been one moment that I recall (other than what you've mentioned which I don't remember) that those two paired up have produced points even-strength.

If you want to try it again, fine. It's not like the product on the ice so far as worked. I just don't think they click. Parrish have more of a connection with Modano than with Richards.
And I didn't see one goal scoring oppurtunity resulting between the pair during the game (Eriksson got some chances from them individually however). Again, if you are going stack your talent on ONE line, it does matter if they produce points or not. The Ribeiro line looked more promising to me.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Sony Eriksson*

What a cheap elbow by the Oilers goalie! ****ing spare!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Here ya go:

And I didn't see one goal scoring oppurtunity between the pair during the game (Eriksson got some chances from them individually however). Again, if you are going stack your talent on ONE line, it does matter if they produce points or not. The Ribeiro line looked more promising to me.
They looked real good defensively allowing 2 goals at even strength from Edmonton's 3rd line.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
inky

Good job Mo

inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Apparently MacT got into it with a fan after the game, did anyone catch this? I turned off the feed and didn't see it.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Apparently MacT got into it with a fan after the game, did anyone catch this? I turned off the feed and didn't see it.
no but I am intrigued

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
The fan was Brian Burke! He was laughing at MacT & Lowe for taking Penner.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
They looked real good defensively allowing 2 goals at even strength from Edmonton's 3rd line.
And those had no bearing on Turco letting pucks bounce off him at will? That's besides the point anyway. So the reason you want to stack up your top line is so they will not make a mistake because producing points or even oppurtunities is irrelevant?

You can put two great players on one line, but it doesn't mean they will mesh. Parrish seems to have a better idea about Modano than Richards does. It's all about chemistry and I don't think Modano and Richards have "it" to produce regularly together at even-strength.

Old
11-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Credit goes to LTL on the Leafs board for this:

11 teams within 3 points of last place. Another win vs. Edmonton Wednesday and the Stars can keep climbing upwards towards respectability again!

Of course, knowing our luck, most of those teams ahead of Dallas may tack on an extra two points before Wednesday, and we could find ourselves in the basement once again.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Credit goes to LTL on the Leafs board for this:

11 teams within 3 points of last place. Another win vs. Edmonton Wednesday and the Stars can keep climbing upwards towards respectability again!

Of course, knowing our luck, most of those teams ahead of Dallas may tack on an extra two points before Wednesday, and we could find ourselves in the basement once again.
Amazing how badthe Stars have stunk and yet can be eligible for the playoffs potentially with two more wins.

Old
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Amazing how badthe Stars have stunk and yet can be eligible for the playoffs potentially with two more wins.
yeah, there's alot of horrible teams in the league

at times it looked like Dallas was the team that played 24 hours ago, and it wasn't pretty at all, but these are the type of scrappy wins Dallas needs to get this season on track. We got 3 straight against the NW now, let's try to win 2 and go from there

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Both Daley and Niskanen had good games.
Sydor had another poor game and Janik was solid.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Both Daley and Niskanen had good games.
Sydor had another poor game and Janik was solid.
I would have said Sydor was acceptable. Janik was decent at best, he got beat physically and speed wise which directly lead to a goal

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
BigG44

Quote:
And those had no bearing on Turco letting pucks bounce off him at will? That's besides the point anyway. So the reason you want to stack up your top line is so they will not make a mistake because producing points or even oppurtunities is irrelevant?

You can put two great players on one line, but it doesn't mean they will mesh. Parrish seems to have a better idea about Modano than Richards does. It's all about chemistry and I don't think Modano and Richards have "it" to produce regularly together at even-strength.
Parrish is a spare. He's been bad on defense. He rarely takes the body. He's supposed to be willing to pay the price in front of the net, and he's never there. He's barely averaging a shot a game since the hat trick. He has 1 goal and 3 assists in the 9 or 10 games since the hat trick.

He’s failing in every zone.

Parrish is getting pretty consistent time on the PP and at ES and has done nothing with the exception of one game. He's a 4th line novelty act on a bad team. Tippett’s got a raging **** on for veterans, and that is the only reason he’s still playing.

He played okay tonight, but Petersen and Conner were better.

Old
11-30-2008, 10:07 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
I would have said Sydor was acceptable. Janik was decent at best, he got beat physically and speed wise which directly lead to a goal
Sydor fell over again which led to a scoring chance, and he keeps turning the puck over behind the net. He was definitely the least effective defenseman on the ice.

I really don't remember him randomly falling over the first 2 times he was with the Stars.

All that matters though is that Dallas won, and they played okay against a team that's been playing poorly. Ribeiro’s line was a beast, mainly Avery, in the offensive zone, but it is complete crap getting scored on twice by the third line. Turco made the first save on both of those goals, and his team (the defenders and forwards) didn’t support him at all. Turco’s been bad, but those 2 goals were on the team not Turco.

Richards’ line shut down Edmonton’s best line at ES. Luckily the sophomore line was still slumping. Otherwise, Dallas could have been in trouble.

I’ll be happy when they when 2 in a row.

Old
11-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I go....I wear Halpern jersey...we win.

I knew there was a solution to our season.

Still undefeated when wearing the Halpern jersey (including 2-0 in the playoffs). At least it's good for something I guess.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
BigG44

Quote:
If you go to TSN and watch the highlights of the game, there is video of the incident at the very end. A trainer is trying to get one of the assistants and MacT away from the fan. Both coaches try and hit the fan in the face by pushing the glass at him . I'd love to know what was said.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip117353#clip117353

Old
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Tommy35

[QUOTE=BigG44;16590355]If you go to TSN and watch the highlights of the game, there is video of the incident at the very end. A trainer is trying to get one of the assistants and MacT away from the fan. Both coaches try and hit the fan in the face by pushing the glass at him . I'd love to know what was said.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip117353#clip117353[/QUOTE

Some of us on the Oilers Board have mentioned that the guy could of been an Oilers fan, fed up with MacT. Any of you guys recognize him, a local guy?

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote