HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who the hell is Hutchinson?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2008, 01:39 PM
  #1
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Who the hell is Hutchinson?

And why did we need him?

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:44 PM
  #2
Troy McClure
Registered User
 
Troy McClure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The KlINGberg
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 29,084
vCash: 500
They need warm bodies to play defense, and Hutchinson was pretty much free. They got him by giving up a spare prospect who will never make the NHL.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:59 PM
  #3
Modo
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,299
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
They need warm bodies to play defense, and Hutchinson was pretty much free. They got him by giving up a high-risk, possible high-reward prospect, despite the fact that they could've picked him up for nothing just days ago.
Fixed.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:07 PM
  #4
Starsdude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
Dtill a bad deal because guys like him are free everyday and are not worth prospects of any kind

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
  #5
________
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
They acquired him by giving up a injury prone Tukonen that sucks defensively who they acquired for another injury prone AHL player in Clune.
Fixed it. Hutchinson sucks defensively, but possibly could help the horrible powerplay.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
  #6
Caseman
Registered User
 
Caseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Sounds like a waste of space to me. Yay waste of space!

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:51 PM
  #7
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Hi Tampa fan here, still wondering why this trade happened, I mean 3 days ago Hutchinson was available on recall waivers so half price and free but then today you give up a prospect for him at full price.

But yeah wondering what kind of player Tukonen is, I mean obviously he has talent or he wouldnt have been picked in the first round, but what happened?

Also a word of warning dont let Hutchinson on the ice, I mean he was up for 2 games and was a -5, I mean he even gave away one of the gwg, and pretty much cost us 3 points in 2 games. On the PP he can be alright as his defense isnt relied up on as much.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
  #8
Kritter471
Registered User
 
Kritter471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
The Stars probably didn't pick him up on waivers because they didn't realize the extent of Zubov's injury a few games ago (i.e., that he would miss games).

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
  #9
Modo
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,299
vCash: 50
What is Hutchinson's pro-rated cost? Or is Dallas picking up an entire year's worth of Andrew Hutchinson?

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
  #10
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
good guy...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:49 PM
  #11
Penner getrdonebryan
Registered User
 
Penner getrdonebryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rou.
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 500
Character guy...

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
  #12
GIN ANTONIC
Registered User
 
GIN ANTONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
And why did we need him?
Think Marc Andre Bergeron. Not as good offensively, but a bit better defensively. Just really not very good at defence, but he could probably net 30 points over a full season given the pp time. Could be useful on the pp.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
  #13
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 32,013
vCash: 3722
Soon we will fulfill Hull's lifelong dream of constructing a team composed entirely of spares.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
  #14
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 52,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Soon we will fulfill Hull's lifelong dream of constructing a team composed entirely of spares.
Woot!


Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
  #15
Phenomenon
Registered User
 
Phenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
But yeah wondering what kind of player Tukonen is, I mean obviously he has talent or he wouldnt have been picked in the first round, but what happened?
Lauri Tukonen has played for Ilves Tampere in Finnish SM-liiga this year and has been more or less a disappointment. He has been given a lot of PP ice-time and a place in the 1st line, but almost nothing has happened compared to the scoring chances he has been handed over by Platt or Genoway before him. His defensive play has been horrible.

He was traded to Lukko Rauma last friday and is going to play with another almost lost good prospect Perttu Lindgren. Both of them are far away from the level that was foreseen two or three seasons ago and seem to have lost their self-confidence or something. Both of them also left to NA far too early and should have stayed at least another year in the Finnish league and gain international experience as a preparation to step into the NHL team roster.

At the moment I really doubt that Tukonen will ever draw a line with his skates in an NHL game.

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
  #16
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
Lauri Tukonen has played for Ilves Tampere in Finnish SM-liiga this year and has been more or less a disappointment. He has been given a lot of PP ice-time and a place in the 1st line, but almost nothing has happened compared to the scoring chances he has been handed over by Platt or Genoway before him. His defensive play has been horrible.

He was traded to Lukko Rauma last friday and is going to play with another almost lost good prospect Perttu Lindgren. Both of them are far away from the level that was foreseen two or three seasons ago and seem to have lost their self-confidence or something. Both of them also left to NA far too early and should have stayed at least another year in the Finnish league and gain international experience as a preparation to step into the NHL team roster.

At the moment I really doubt that Tukonen will ever draw a line with his skates in an NHL game.
Thanks for the info.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.