HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester

Old
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Jackie Treehorn

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=trentmccleary;16595630]Again, it's Luongo/Krajicek for Vokoun/Allen... and that closes the little gap quite a bit.

No actually it's not, florida had to give up a bunch of picks to get vokoun, specifically because the luongo trade was a disaster. So again, i'm gonna disagree

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay54 View Post
No actually it's not, florida had to give up a bunch of picks to get vokoun, specifically because the luongo trade was a disaster. So again, i'm gonna disagree
Luongo, Krajicek, 6th, 2nd, 1st, 2nd

Vokoun, Allen, Mathias, 2nd

I believe the conditions were met to achieve 2 of those 2nd rounders (in bold) based on scanning team board history. I'd give up a 2nd and 6th for Mathias right now... so basically, they gave up a 1st in '08 (Colin Wilson I believe). Well, that sucks... but not on the ice.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Yeah i see what you are saying but i still disagree. And i still say that management is/or was a problem, you can't keep losing your best players and not be somewhat at fault.I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as i don't think either one of us has posted much about bouwmeester, which would be the subject of this thread , that we've managed to hijack.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I don't see anything reasonable about the projected costs.
- People are projecting a decent player, a good prospect and a 1st. Which for us might look something like Vermette, Lee and SJ's 1st.
- People are expecting something along the lines of Campbell's contract, which at $7M+ is pretty hefty for D-men who haven't sniffed a Norris Trophy.
Yeah I agree I wouldn't take Bouwmeester at that cost either. The max salary I would be willing to pay is 6 mil a year and to acquire him I wouldn't give up more than Vermette, Lee, and a 3rd or Vermette, Schubert, and the SJ 1st round pick (or something comparable), but yeah I'm not holding my breath expecting that too happen.

Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote