HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/Chi

Old
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Antropovsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
Antropov is putting up those points getting top minutes and top pp time that he wouldn't receive on teams that he's traded to. I like Antropov but he's one of the leafs best bargaining chips and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Burke traded him. Brouwer has the potential to be a 2nd line powerforward and is exactly the type of player that Burke is looking for.

I don't know how you say Antropov can easily get 30+ goals and 65+ points... he has a career high of 26 goals and 30 assists. He's also a UFA at seasons end which limits his value.

The 2nd round Pick will probably be around 35th-40th overall, which is a pretty valuable pick.
Antropov plays Top Minutes?
He's playing 17 mins a night, which would rank him 6th among forwards on the Chicago Blackhawks team.

Top PP minutes/Wouldn't receive the PP time on the team he gets traded to?
1st: He scored 12 PP goals last season, good for 12th in the league. This was while averaging significantly less PP time then most of the players in the top 12, and while also missing 10 games. If he was 12th in the league in PP goal scoring, I don't see how you came to the conclusion that he wouldn't get PP time on any other team.

2nd: He scored 3 more PP goals then the top Chicago Player did last season. He did this while averaging 3:35 minutes per game of PP time, which would have placed him 7th among Blackhawks Forwards.

Quote:
I don't know how you say Antropov can easily get 30+ goals and 65+ points... he has a career high of 26 goals and 30 assists. He's also a UFA at seasons end which limits his value.
Last season was a breakout year for Antropov, essentially his first injury free season. This season, he is on pace for 64 points, despite not playing with any "Kane/Toews" Caliber players, being underused on the PP and while also "only" receiving 2nd line minutes.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:58 AM
bosoxfan929

or maybe throw in both the towers Antropov/Ponikarovsky and see if you can pry David Bolland away along with a pick

bosoxfan929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxfan929 View Post
or maybe throw in both the towers Antropov/Ponikarovsky and see if you can pry David Bolland away along with a pick
Bolland seems like a talented guy, but I don't think he lives up to most of the "College words" that Burke prescribed in his Conference.

Take Poni/Antropov from the Leafs lineup and fans tuning into a game may get confused and think they are watching an episode of "little people, big world".

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling.jack View Post
As a Hawks fan, I don't really want Antro. Although he's starting to reach potential, I don't think he fits what we need. I'd hate to give up a 2nd for him unless it was a 3-way and we flipped Antro for something else. The loss of Brower and Sopel, I wouldn't really concern me.
Exactly. Antropov isn't good enough to give up real assets for, and he has not had an injury free season yet - not even last year, he was just injured later than usual.

No thanks to Antropov. And god no to Ponikarovski.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
The Big Swede

No thanks

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If you honestly believe that Antropov is gonna stick around with Burke as your GM then it's a moot point.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Exactly. Antropov isn't good enough to give up real assets for, and he has not had an injury free season yet - not even last year, he was just injured later than usual.

No thanks to Antropov. And god no to Ponikarovski.
Who is your team?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
Antropov only has a 2 million cap hit they dont need to get rid of khabibulin to fit him under the cap
They only have about $86,400 in cap space. They'll have to get rid of someone [more than likely, two someones] to fit him in.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote