vCash: 500
Fabian gets one shift!!!!

Unreal

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Alistar

but we won.. so is it still a bad thing?

Alistar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

meh, if we win it doesn't bother me so much

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Starsdude

Dude we are the worst team in the league and we invested heavily in a guy who needs to play--yeah it matters

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
I would also like to know Tippett's reasoning for playing Fabian so sparsely. He should be getting top 6 minutes, IMO, or at the very least enough time to prove he deserves top 6 minutes.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I would also like to know Tippett's reasoning for playing Fabian so sparsely. He should be getting top 6 minutes, IMO, or at the very least enough time to prove he deserves top 6 minutes.
I thought I saw him with Ribeiro's line first shift, but he was quickly replaced with Neal.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:48 AM
SChan*

1 shift is ridiculous, no one is able to prove something playing 1 minute.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
Dude we are the worst team in the league and we invested heavily in a guy who needs to play--yeah it matters
Needs to play? He needs a couple months in the minors more like it.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:39 AM
aevans0001

my real question is why di Fabian only get one shift but Turco was out there at all...

Sure the Stars have been pretty pitiful on Defense this year, but our number #1 goalie should and always has cleaned up after defensive breakdowns on our team. Belfour, Turco, and all the other backups. Letting in 4 goals all from the blue line is not being a #1 goalie. Letting in 5 Goals on like 19 shots not being a number 1 goalie. Letting in 4 goals a night, not a #1 goalie. Atlanta lets in less goals...

aevans0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:54 AM
beardedgraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevans0001 View Post
my real question is why di Fabian only get one shift but Turco was out there at all...

Sure the Stars have been pretty pitiful on Defense this year, but our number #1 goalie should and always has cleaned up after defensive breakdowns on our team. Belfour, Turco, and all the other backups. Letting in 4 goals all from the blue line is not being a #1 goalie. Letting in 5 Goals on like 19 shots not being a number 1 goalie. Letting in 4 goals a night, not a #1 goalie. Atlanta lets in less goals...
turco is the team's starting goaltender. unless the stars trade for a decent backup then i am sure he will continue to play almost every game, no matter how bad he looks at times.

it's a lot easier to sit a skater than it is to sit your starting goalie, the stars dont have a backup that can win them games anymore. thats why mike smith was such a luxury, tippett could sit turco for a week and smith would come in and play solid and even steal a game or two, at this point, stephan cant do that

beardedgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:16 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Fabian should get more time unless something is really wrong. You can't invest this heavily, be doing so poorly and not give this guy a ton of chances. It makes zero sense.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:47 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
We're getting to the point, if we're not there already, where Jackson should put his foot down and demand ice time for Fabian. If Tippett declines, he should get fired. Alternately, if Jackson is unwilling to defend his signing, he should be fired.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedgraf View Post
turco is the team's starting goaltender. unless the stars trade for a decent backup then i am sure he will continue to play almost every game, no matter how bad he looks at times.

it's a lot easier to sit a skater than it is to sit your starting goalie, the stars dont have a backup that can win them games anymore. thats why mike smith was such a luxury, tippett could sit turco for a week and smith would come in and play solid and even steal a game or two, at this point, stephan cant do that
Stephan has 2 starts.

The first start, he beat a team that hadn't lost in regulation. Minnesota was one of the best teams in the league at the time.

The second start, Chicago scored 5 goals, but none of them were soft. The team defense in front of him was terrible. Stephan was actually pretty solid considering the way the Stars played that night.

You can't claim a goalie is ineffective because of 2 games. Plus, it's equally unfair to judge him when he's replacing Turco. Tippett is throwing him out there when the game is already lost, and the team has already given up.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Needs to play? He needs a couple months in the minors more like it.
How in the hell can anyone tell what he needs from one freaking shift? It's ridiculous. How can a team that struggles to score have it's tied for forth in goal scoring forward sit the bench for all but one freaking shift.

We tried to sit on a lead and we saw how successful that was. Tippet complains about his defense but he wasn't out there blowing leads. It's stupid and either Jackson sits down with Tippet and says this isn't how it's going to be or he needs to be fired. Play the kid. He unlike spares Connor, Wilson, Barch and even Parrish, might actually improve.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote