HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha declines conditioning option

Old
12-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Bloser

vCash: 500
Prucha declines conditioning option

The players did off ice workouts and the coach just said that Petr Prucha would not be assigned to Hartford for conditioning just yet, and might consider a forward on the point on the power play...As he was leaving the rink, Prucha said that he had the option and preferred to stay here. "I'm in shape, I'm ready."

Source: http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...ing_today.html

Bloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Shake and Bake

A change to the powerplay?

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Good for Prucha. Maybe they'll finally do the right thing and move him so he can get a fresh start. Besides, why should he trust their judgment right now, anyway?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Nich

bad call for prucha....he should have taken it just to get 15+ minutes a night, and find his scoring confidence.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
NYROrtsFan

Prucha is good in front of the net.

Move Drury to the point and put Prucha on the powerplay and see how it shakes out.

Prucha has talent... Just needs to be left alone for like 15 games. He's proven himself at the NHL so he deserves it.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
asparkoflife

The Prucha saga will never end.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Good for Prucha. Maybe they'll finally do the right thing and move him so he can get a fresh start. Besides, why should he trust their judgment right now, anyway?
Good for Prucha? Not really. And if he wants out and the best thing to do is move him, he needs to show something. And that's not going to happen in the NHL.

Go down and light up the A for two weeks and there's at least a buzz about him and maybe he gains some confidence. At the very least he's playing.

Prucha should realize that going to Hartford can only result in positives. If he goes down to Hartford and does nothing, then he comes up and is right back to where he is now.

12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
He's proven himself at the NHL so he deserves it.
He really hasn't.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:29 PM
FLYLine24*

Yea....prucha hate to break it to you but they werent sending you to HFD for your "conditioning" they were sending you there since you've turned into a offensive machine of a ECHLer.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea....prucha hate to break it to you but they werent sending you to HFD for your "conditioning" they were sending you there since you've turned into a offensive machine of a ECHLer.
siiiiiiiiigh..........just play him then

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...ers_blues.html

read Atlanta may shake things up.............not sure who would be a good fit though.........maybe Williams who can play the pt on the PP for Prucha and a pick?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Yeah cause Prucha is the only player not scoring.

To me there is nothing Prucha has done to earn this that atleast a handfull of others haven't.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Fletch

This is pretty neutral. You can make an argument that going down the HFD can help Prucha get some of his timing back on his shot. Prucha's argument is that he's ready to go in today and if he accepted a conditioning assignment it takes any chances of him being in the lineup in the next couple weeks away. I wouldn't say good for Petr, although I understand why he's not going and at the same time see how he can benefit, which is why I think this is pretty much neutral.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Yeah cause Prucha is the only player not scoring.

To me there is nothing Prucha has done to earn this that atleast a handfull of others haven't.
Hes the only one that hasnt been able to score in 2 seasons, yes. For a sniper...he is far from it.

Old
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

The way the Rangers have dicked him and his ice time around the last 2+ years, I'm glad he's sticking it to them.

Hopefully they are forced to lose a player they really wanted to keep because of this.

They still won't learn, but what ever.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

How can you say he hasn't scored in 2 seasons when he's only played 8 scattered games this year?

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Prucha should really go down and regain his mojo by putting some pucks in the net.

Thats my opinion.

Cally did it last year and came back strong, granted hes not a 30 goal scorer - but sometimes all it takes is to find your confidence while playing at a lower level.

Hopefully they play Prucha and he gets it back in the NHL, but if you ask me the coaches have to be pretty disappointed he didnt take that assignment to get some guaranteed playing time.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Hes the only one that hasnt been able to score in 2 seasons, yes. For a sniper...he is far from it.
Fly, in all fairness, he hasn't been provided the same opportunities to score once Shanny was signed.

He went from producing on the PP one year to not playing on the PP the next and everyone said "Look at his production drop"

The ne went from playing top 2 line minutes to playing 3rd 4th line minutes and his production dropped even further and again everyone pointed to his decline in production.

The fact is that our 3rd and 4th lines are devoid of ANY OFFENSIVE ABILITY and having him there is not putting him in the best position to succeed.

The Rangers jerked him around and reduced his value to nothing.

He's one player that is going to go to another team and score 20+ consistently because someone else is going to know how to use the player and maximize the return.

Old
12-01-2008, 01:15 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
How can you say he hasn't scored in 2 seasons when he's only played 8 scattered games this year?
good question. 8 games with limited ice time. Not to mention that injury people were talking about that I wasn't even aware of.
It's ridiculous. The guy who comes to camp in the best physical shape, is rewarded by sitting up in the press box.

I would give him some time with Gomez. I don't see Callahan exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. 6 goals in 27 games. Come on.
So far Callahan has proved he can be a solid 3rd line player in the NHL if he keeps working at it.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Well, I did watch him for 8 games and he looked like crap. Its not like he impressed anyone at there, hence the reason why he only got 8 games.

He plays with energy, thats it. He brings nothing else.

And the whole PP argument is terrible, is he so bad that he cant score unless hes on the PP?

Old
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The way the Rangers have dicked him and his ice time around the last 2+ years, I'm glad he's sticking it to them.

Hopefully they are forced to lose a player they really wanted to keep because of this.

They still won't learn, but what ever.
Not sure how he's sticking it to the Rangers. He's the guy with the contract expiring.

And you're assuming they want to keep him. Wanting to keeping and not being willing to give him away are two separate things.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
good question. 8 games with limited ice time. Not to mention that injury people were talking about that I wasn't even aware of.
It's ridiculous. The guy who comes to camp in the best physical shape, is rewarded by sitting up in the press box.

I would give him some time with Gomez. I don't see Callahan exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. 6 goals in 27 games. Come on.
So far Callahan has proved he can be a solid 3rd line player in the NHL if he keeps working at it.

I know right, 5th on the team in goals, come on.

What does coming to camp in the best physical shape have anything to do with if he still can't do anything on the ice?

Old
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Well, I did watch him for 8 games and he looked like crap. Its not like he impressed anyone at there, hence the reason why he only got 8 games.

He plays with energy, thats it. He brings nothing else.

And the whole PP argument is terrible, is he so bad that he cant score unless hes on the PP?
Some players can benefit greatly from the space opened up on the PP, which lets them find room to do their thing. Teemu Selanne has 13 goals this year, with 12 coming on the PP. I'm not taking anything away from Teemu's scoring abilities, or comparing his skills to Petr's, obviously, but my point is that there are players every year who are just money on the PP. Petr Prucha has done it before, and I think he can do it again, if given the chance.

Last edited by we want cup: 12-01-2008 at 01:50 PM.
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
I know right, 5th on the team in goals, come on.

What does coming to camp in the best physical shape have anything to do with if he still can't do anything on the ice?
Voros has more goals than Callahan. 6goals in 27 games and a minus 3 is what you call a first line right winger?? You're talking like 5th on this team says a lot. So yea Come on!! What do u want. Prucha to come to camp in the worst physical shape? I'm sure it means nothing. Thats why the announcers have brought it up. He can't do anything on the ice because he's shown no ice time. No confidence. Nothing.

Callahan is 5th in scoring on this explosive NY Rangers team. Look out. And the whole league knows the Rangers win games because of their ability to consitantly burn the opposing team with all of their weapons. #5 is Callahan!! Right behind Voros who one year tallied a career high 7 goals!!

Ryan Callahan is on a torrid pace to score 18 goals this year!!! Possibly 19!! Absolutely. I want this guy on my first line with Gomez and Drury!!

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 12-01-2008 at 01:52 PM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not sure how he's sticking it to the Rangers. He's the guy with the contract expiring.

And you're assuming they want to keep him. Wanting to keeping and not being willing to give him away are two separate things.
He's sticking it to them in that financially they are un-able to do anything.

They are not going to waive him as he will get claimed and they get nothing.

They can't send him to the minors (see above)

They either play him or let him sit and leave at seasons end for nothing as they will have to offer him 100% of last years salary to retain theri position as rights holders.

The Rangers did not treat this member of the family right and I hope they get burned because of it.

Old
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Voros has more goals than Callahan. 6goals in 27 games and a minus 3 is what you call a first line right winger?? You're talking like 5th on this team says a lot. So yea Come on!! What do u want. Prucha to come to camp in the worst physical shape? I'm sure it means nothing. Thats why the announcers have brought it up. He can't do anything on the ice because he's shown no ice time. No confidence. Nothing.

Callahan is 5th in scoring on this explosive NY Rangers team. Look out. And the whole league knows the Rangers win games because of their ability to consitantly burn the opposing team with all of their weapons. #5 is Callahan!! Right behind Voros who one year tallied a career high 7 goals!!
This is now his career high.... 8 this year.

Callahan has done very little to merit being on the top line. Worked his butt off, sure, but Petr does that too. Cally (like everyone else) has blown all kinds of opportunities (see 2 on 1 yesterday). Petr deserves a chance. Anyone who says otherwise must have some kind of problem with the guy.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote