HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shaky times for Russia's Kontinental Hockey League (retitled)

Old
12-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
you mean the "dream team"?

Drury/Shanahan-Dubinsky-Jagr
Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Voros/Dawes-Korpokoski/Drury-Prucha
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

clearly i'm in lala land but yeah.
in the future i expect sjo to get a upgrade of course.
Sign Sundin, Jagr, Shanahan. Trade Prucha/Fritsche, demote Korpedo. Yea this is more of a dream, but just look at it.

Naslund-Sundin-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Callahan
Voros, Orr

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Retitled to try and end the confusion and stop the perpetuation of fake rumors.

Here is the original link to the "rumor", if you wanna call it that: http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...elieve/?page=3

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Prospalous

lol this is funny, people want jagr back but last season if i recall, they were calling for him to be traded?

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:49 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Sign Sundin, Jagr, Shanahan. Trade Prucha/Fritsche, demote Korpedo. Yea this is more of a dream, but just look at it.

Naslund-Sundin-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Callahan
Voros, Orr
Almost correct
Trade Prucha (1,6), Fritsche (0,875), Rissmiller (1,0) and Dawes (0,588) for future picks
Demote Korpedo ´(1,0) until the playoffs when he, AA, P-A P, Potter and Sauer get a look
Sign Shanny for 1 million, Jagr for 2 million and Sundin for 2 million. Give em some bonuses too. We are then like 200.000 under the cap roof

Näslund - Sundin - Jagr
Drury - Gomez - Shanahan
Voros - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Sjo - Betts - Cally/Orr

Ummm call my pusher
The white powder izzz so damming gooooooooood in this MF pipedream

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post
lol this is funny, people want jagr back but last season if i recall, they were calling for him to be traded?
Its the same yahoos that want Renney fired after a 17-8-2 start.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:02 PM
segmentation fault

I dont know if anyone recalls, but Jagr has had some issues with the IRS http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...jagr-irs_x.htm. I would go so far as to say these issues are why we didnt re-sign him, and why he left for the KHL. I really dont think he is coming back. Ever.

But those are just my thoughts.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Its the same yahoos that want Renney fired after a 17-8-2 start.
Somebody must be fired. Soon
It is just the logics of NYC sports
At least like fire the head of accounting...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
I dont know if anyone recalls, but Jagr has had some issues with the IRS http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...jagr-irs_x.htm. I would go so far as to say these issues are why we didnt re-sign him, and why he left for the KHL. I really dont think he is coming back. Ever.

What? His personal life should have no bearing on where he plays. The Rangers knew he had baggage when they acquired him in '04. They know he probably still has some, they just didn't want to deal with it for another 2 years, but a deadline move such as this one shouldn't be ruled out for these reasons..

Old
12-02-2008, 12:15 PM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I was an advocate of moving on and letting Jagr go. I'll admit though that the thought of bringing him back intrigues me.

It won't happen, IMO, but it's an interesting thought.
I'm of the same opinion.

Part of me is still in the "let it go already" camp already. But as I have said before, under the right circumstances, $$ and mindset (ie Jagr's) it would be interesting.

Does he get the C from Dury? No way. It's just a stupid move and would create resentment. It’s not like Mess is coming back.

Does JJ arriving get us back to the "defer to JJ to win games" mindset and get away from the team approach that was put in place after JJ left? Most likely, unless he comes to play with the understanding that this is a different team then last year. But how do you get the rest of the team to think that way?

Is JJ really going to help a PP that was subpar when he was running it last year?

If he has the mindset to play the team's game (and everything that comes with that), for the right $, I think it would be interesting.

For all my JJ "bashing" (and I don't think I really was bashing him), he has shown that he can play defense when asked and change his game up a bit.

That said, I doubt very much this happens.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:22 PM
zestystrat

Quote:

So the idea here is that an IRS issue from 2003 wouldn't come into play and get resolved from 2003-2008 but would stop him playing in 2009?

I doubt that he plays for any NHL team this season but it's not for that reason.

Last edited by zestystrat: 12-02-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

As stated before, despite Jagr's tremendous earnings I still don't think he's in a position to throw money away, which is what he would be doing if he left the KHL to come back to the NHL. I love Jagr, but I don't think he would take a huge pay cut to come back to North America.

The only possibility of this happening is if Jagr doesn't receive his money. When I hear about Jagr missing a paycheck, I'll start to give this some serious consideration.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
So the idea here is that an IRS issue from 2003 wouldn't come into play and get resolved from 2003-2008 but would stop him playing in 2009?
Who says it was resolved?

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Jagr didn't go to Omsk for the money, he went to because he enjoys it there.
But course......that's the reason!

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:13 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
As stated before, despite Jagr's tremendous earnings I still don't think he's in a position to throw money away, which is what he would be doing if he left the KHL to come back to the NHL. I love Jagr, but I don't think he would take a huge pay cut to come back to North America.
He left money on the table in Edmonton to go to the KHL...

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:

Naslund-Sundin-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Callahan
Voros, Orr
this team would struggle to make the playoffs.......

Old
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Yes, it is very possible because of still no transfer agreement. However NHL rules will force him to pass through waivers, so he won't be able to just sign with the team of his liking.
Can you explain the system in short. I think it's stupid that a player who has no contract with any NHL team has to do this.

Edit:
These Lines would be INSANE! Talk about a stacked team.
Naslund-Dubinsky-Jagr
Drury-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Korpokoski-Prucha
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Also, Can any one of you tell me that for 2mill, you would not want Jagr back? And if you can, you are letting your bias effect your judgement because it would clearly be best for the team to have a scoring forward like him.

Last edited by Garfinkel1: 12-02-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

As I am watching price of crude oil flirting with 45 bucks I have visions of JJ patroling the right side of the MSG on his glorious comeback in the big Apple! ....The Russian oil oligarchs cut to size at least temporarily!

Old
12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Forgetting salary caps for a moment, this team is better with Jagr on its right side than with Drury on its right side. PP? That's a function of coaching at this point. It was painfully obviously that with Jagr on the PP, Dubi was not the right centerman. He didn't move around enough nor did he handle the puck enough (a la Nylander). Why Gomez and Jagr were not on the PP together still blows my mind (although the reasoning is balance, and Renney's goal of achieving balance is exactly why this team struggles to score).

I can't see how lines that would look like:

Voros-Dubi-Jagr
Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Korps-Drury-Callahan

Do not look better than today - Jagr would come in for Fritsche.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I would not mind Jagr coming back at all. It's just that:

a) How much of a pay cut would he take to come back here?
b) will he accept a one-year deal?
c) Will he accept a new/different role with the team if that is what Renney intends on doing?

These guys have huge egos and it remains to be seen if jagr will come in a diminished role. Also, let's not forget the scoring issues we had with him for 1/2 the season last year. Jagr is no guarantee for success but he is definitely an upgrade over Fritsche

I just think that until he says he wants back in the NHL, we Rangers fans should just focus on NHL players. I would like to have Jagr back but I am a realist and I just don't see it happening unless we clear cap room

Also, I understand why you would put Voros on the 1st line as an Avery replacement, but let's not forget that Avery can fly and Voros is a turtle.

A lot of the scoring that line did was off the rush, even when Straka was there.

Who would play there wing, well, beats me.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Can you explain the system in short. I think it's stupid that a player who has no contract with any NHL team has to do this.
this is the rule.
Quote:
13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside
North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his
Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs)
only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the
Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or
Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
this is the rule.
Thanks a lot. Sorry I really don't understand the business of Hockey but for waivers, how exactly does it work. Obviously we would try and grab him off waivers but so would a LOT of teams. How is priority determined?

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
zestystrat

Quote:
Who says it was resolved?
Neither of us did....but you assume that it's not resolved which is what you implied as a reason for him not returning,

It’s a big stretch to say that after 5 years of him living in the US, part of that time in the most high profile city in the country, there was no resolution or agreement.

It’s even a bigger one to say that he ran away from the NHL b/c the IRS was going after him.

At least if you are going to make that argument, find an article or two that is less a year old. The link you provided is one from 2003.

Just b/c there isn’t a news report that it was resolved doesn’t mean that there wasn’t a resolution.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
LyNX27

I feel like he still carries the Chere burden (obviously) and he some how feels that returning to the NHL will do some sort of good. I can't see him signing with NJ... Why, for what. What connection does he have over there?

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:50 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong. I would not mind Jagr coming back at all. It's just that:

a) How much of a pay cut would he take to come back here?
b) will he accept a one-year deal?
c) Will he accept a new/different role with the team if that is what Renney intends on doing?

These guys have huge egos and it remains to be seen if jagr will come in a diminished role. Also, let's not forget the scoring issues we had with him for 1/2 the season last year. Jagr is no guarantee for success but he is definitely an upgrade over Fritsche

I just think that until he says he wants back in the NHL, we Rangers fans should just focus on NHL players. I would like to have Jagr back but I am a realist and I just don't see it happening unless we clear cap room

Also, I understand why you would put Voros on the 1st line as an Avery replacement, but let's not forget that Avery can fly and Voros is a turtle.

A lot of the scoring that line did was off the rush, even when Straka was there.

Who would play there wing, well, beats me.
Scoring ISSUES?!?! are you on meth?! The guy led the team in points last year. on a team that was very offensively... lack luster

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
I feel like he still carries the Chere burden (obviously) and he some how feels that returning to the NHL will do some sort of good. I can't see him signing with NJ... Why, for what. What connection does he have over there?
If anything, he'd be abandoning the team/town that suffered a big loss in Cherepanov. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:04 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
How quickly people forget.

This team stunk at scoring and stunk on the power play WITH Jagr here.

Last season it was bring back Nylander.

This season it's bring back Jagr????? Are you guys serious.

No thanks. Jagr decided to wake up late last season when a contract was up for grabs. He was as much of a captain as James Patrick was, only Patrick never wore the "C".

And if Jagr is going anywhere, he is going to Pittsburgh where he will be guaranteed to pile up points. Why would he go to the isles or Devils where he would score zilch?
Wanting Nylander back and then comparing it to wanting Jagr back are two completely different things....Nylander is nowhere near nor will he ever be, the premiere talent the Jagr is. So there is a much better reason to want Jagr back who I believe is the main reason this organization finally turned the corner

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote