HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/CBJ

Old
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I must add something here.

For everyone who thinks that Kaberle is being "overvalued", find me one defenceman on the Columbus roster who is equal or better to Kaberle, and an equal or better defenceman that is available on the market right now that would be available for a 1st rounder, solid prospect, and bottom 6 forward.

Thought so.

TribalPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
If CBJ wants Kaberle, they're pushing for a playoff run, so they'd want Modin around for that. I'd be happy with Malhotra, his 1.5M$ contract expires after this season, and he may even impress enough to get resigned by Burke. They may still need a low draft pick though, and I think throwing in a 5th would still be fair.

Personally, I'd prefer Filatov.
I proposed that exact trade in another thread that had filatov, Modin because I thought you guys wanted rid of him and his contract and the 1st in 09 for Kaberle and white. If you would prefer to send Malholtra I think the leafs would be more interested in him anyway. It gives you guys 2 offensive dmen. One is cheap and young and the other is Kabs. If you would rather not have White that's fine because we'll be short of offensive dmen if we move him 2.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:

For everyone who thinks that Kaberle is being "overvalued", find me one defenceman on the Columbus roster who is equal or better to Kaberle, and an equal or better defenceman that is available on the market right now that would be available for a 1st rounder, solid prospect, and bottom 6 forward.

Thought so.
Yes, but there are plenty of guys we can get who are better than our guys without mortgaging our future.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I proposed that exact trade in another thread that had filatov, Modin because I thought you guys wanted rid of him and his contract and the 1st in 09 for Kaberle and white. If you would prefer to send Malholtra I think the leafs would be more interested in him anyway. It gives you guys 2 offensive dmen. One is cheap and young and the other is Kabs. If you would rather not have White that's fine because we'll be short of offensive dmen if we move him 2.
Nah, Kaberle's contract is good - Toronto has tons of cap space, and Kaberle plays top 2 minutes. Even if Kubina went, the Leafs still have offensive d-men in Van Ryn, Stralman, and White. He'd only be moved for value, and he's the kind of d-man that teams need in the new NHL. He's still an elite level d-man, a perfect #2 guy.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
the proposal is voracek and a 2nd, hothead
and mark OUR words, kabs will get that and more at the trade deadline, just not from Columbus, they don't need him yet, and kabs wont waive his ntc just to golf every spring in Columbus, he can do that in t.o.
I'll believe that when I see it.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
TribalPhoenix
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Yes, but there are plenty of guys we can get who are better than our guys without mortgaging our future.
Columbus is busting at the seams with young talent, so the "mortgaging the future" argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

Even if we got Filatov, Columbus would still have Voracek, Brassard, Mason, Goloubef, Tyutin, Umberger, and Mason, you have a very solid core to build around. Losing a 1st and a prospect isn't the end of the world, especially when you get an All Star, elite level defenceman who is on an affordable ticket for this season and next.

If things go awry next season, I'm sure you won't have trouble dealing him at the next trade deadline to make up what you lost here.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Columbus is busting at the seams with young talent, so the "mortgaging the future" argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

Even if we got Filatov, Columbus would still have Voracek, Brassard, Mason, Goloubef, Tyutin, Umberger, and Mason, you have a very solid core to build around. Losing a 1st and a prospect isn't the end of the world, especially when you get an All Star, elite level defenceman who is on an affordable ticket for this season and next.

If things go awry next season, I'm sure you won't have trouble dealing him at the next trade deadline to make up what you lost here.
Exactly. I would trade Voracek or Filatov and a first in a heartbeat for a defender like Kaberle who would certainly put us over the hump for the playoffs in my opinion. I would not however trade Brassard for Kaberle, because then that opens up a problem at Center where we would need to find another scoring center along with Umberger. Columbus is very rich in young talent and I would not hesitate to give up one of our better young players for a player like Kaberle.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:

Thought so.
What does the current defensive corps of the BJ's have to do with this? What's on your team doesn't determine value; the market determines it.

Furthermore, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who knows a thing or two about hockey that would refer to either Voracek or Filatov as "solid" prospects. Both of these guys are top-notch prospects and you're deluding yourself if you think you can delude others.

Would you trade Luke Schenn, a 1st, and Alexei Ponikarovsky for Dan Boyle, Kimmo Timonen or Sergei Gonchar? Absolutely not. You'd call someone a troll/retard for that.

Put yourself in another teams shoes for once.

Pete Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:21 PM
oilerbear

Quote:

Thought so.
Tomas Kaberle: 4M
Top 40 worst EV GA/60 in the league 3.08G/60 -.04 Qual Comp
6th best Dman on his team for EV pts .62pts/60
3rd worst pk dman in the league 12.30 GA/60
12 th best PP Points production for dmen in the league 6.06Pts/60

Dennis Grebeshkov: 1.5M
2.75 EV GA/60 .05 Qual Comp
0.84 EV pts/60
Minimal PK time but 10.07 GA/60
20th Best PP points production for dmen in the league 4.60

So Grebeshkov is better defensively and offensively at EV facing tougher competition.
Neither should kill penalties.
Kaberle will yeild you one extra point every 15 games on the PP.

I will take columbus's 1st, Maxim Mayorov, and Malhotra.

Columbus give howson time. His first round picks are keepers unlike Macleans.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Obama

Quote:
man you crazy.

We can get a capable PPQB without giving up Brass, Jake, or Filatov.
Really? Then why dont you go and do it then.

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Ok....I may be overrating Voracek here a bit, but he's on of the better young players in the league and will be a top line player in the NHL....Sooner rather than later.
Ya but Kaberle IS a top offensive dman in the nhl, columbus fans need to realize that if they want something good you have to give something good. All this talk about getting an offensive dman yet your not willing to give anything away...

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Whoa, whoa. This may come as a shock, but he's not Howson.

Howson = CBJ GM

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Palinka

Quote:
Because no one on this board is named Scott Howson, and anyone who might have that name on here probably works at a Sunoco station instead of for the CBJ.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Ya but Kaberle IS a top offensive dman in the nhl, columbus fans need to realize that if they want something good you have to give something good. All this talk about getting an offensive dman yet your not willing to give anything away...
Silly us. See, every one of us only knows something about hockey or sports in general once we learned from Doug MacLean and his band of merry men. We also buy pucks for building material and cheer when a line change takes place because it's something that doesn't happen on the farm.

Old
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Oh alright. I guess I will.

wtf?

Old
12-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Monk

Quote:
Oh alright. I guess I will.

wtf?
Waaaait a second....

Scott?

Old
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Khabby

vCash: 678
I would cream my pants if this actually happened. Never ever would Columbus do this, Voracek is the next coming of jesus. Watched him play for Halifax for the last 2 years for the Mooseheads. I LOVE VORACEK!!!

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Waaaait a second....

Scott?
oh no! my cover's blown!

seriously...wtf?

Old
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeam19 View Post
Columbus is in the market for a right handed shot for their power play, and clearly Kaberle does not fit this description. Also, as people have stated above, it would be hard pressed to believe Kaberle would waive his NTC to go to Columbus; their hockey market and team leaves much to be desired.
Nikita Filatov for Lee Stempniak and a 1st round draft pick

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Silly us. See, every one of us only knows something about hockey or sports in general once we learned from Doug MacLean and his band of merry men. We also buy pucks for building material and cheer when a line change takes place because it's something that doesn't happen on the farm.
At least that gives us the ability to properly value a good hearty meal. Those Toronto boys gave up a chance at a perfectly good casserole recipe on that last draft day by trading with New York instead of us. For shame.

<-- I really wish that wasn't necessary in this case, but I'm terrified someone will believe it.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
At least that gives us the ability to properly value a good hearty meal. Those Toronto boys gave up a chance at a perfectly good casserole recipe on that last draft day by trading with New York instead of us. For shame.

<-- I really wish that wasn't necessary in this case, but I'm terrified someone will believe it.
Not perfectly good, just a passable one. Every one of us native Ohioans was born with the knowledge of how to make a green bean casserole topped with French's onions from a can.

Trading with Toronto would be like the early trades involving the Indians. "Wow, they like our shiny things and our cheap booze! We're totally hosing them by taking the corn that we need that they've grown millions of acres of!"

Old
12-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Not perfectly good, just a passable one. Every one of us native Ohioans was born with the knowledge of how to make a green bean casserole topped with French's onions from a can.

Trading with Toronto would be like the early trades involving the Indians. "Wow, they like our shiny things and our cheap booze! We're totally hosing them by taking the corn that we need that they've grown millions of acres of!"
That smooth-talkin' bargaining does bare remarkable resemblance to "fire water."

Old
12-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Ellipson

I love this thread and hope it continues in this direction.

Btw, Howson, I have a great deal for you. If you have any used pucks laying around, you can have Arnason. At one point he was considered a marginal center, he would be the perfect fit for Nash!

We're just really short on pucks here in Denver, and we could use some. We swear.

Also,

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Oblivion

He's got a NTC, no way he waives in to go to Columbus.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
He's got a NTC, no way he waives in to go to Columbus.
You'd think that but why not? We are an up and coming young team that could very well make the playoffs this year. The burbs are a safe area to raise a family. We are close to Toronto so he might not even have to move if he didn't want to. Every player that has ever played for Columbus that I can remember has nothing but great things to say about the city, and now we are potentially 1 dman away from a playoff spot.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote