HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

talking 'bout the good 'ol days

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I can count on one hand the number of nights me and my wife have spent apart since late September 1999. Spending the night apart just seems weird at this point.
I definitely don't think spending so much time together is a negative thing. I just find that strange b/c even when I was living with my boyfriend of 3.5 years, I was out of town for business a lot, as was he, and we also had several trips that were guys weekend away or girls weekend away, so that thought just seems unnatural to me.

Add kids to this equation and subtract business trips and I can see how that becomes the status quo.

On a different note- I worked out for the first time today in 3 weeks and man am I out of shape. It feels good to be back on the horse though.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Brass Bancroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
So my wife, mother-in-law, and daughter are going to be out of town for next weekend. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday, and I have a lot of studying to do, but really, what else can I do? :
strippers, loud music and a few cigars might help.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
So i picked up the Silversun Pickups CD today (yeah, I found out about them through RB2...) good stuff. Sounds like a slightly more mellow early Smashing Pumpkins...and not just because of the guy's voice (although the one time I did hear their first single on the radio, I did think it was new Smashing Pumpkins )

Also found out they opened for Elliott Smith at one time...that would have been quite the show.
I completely agree about the early SP comparison. In fact, when I got one of their albums a little under 2 years ago, I described it to my friend as "Smashing Pumpkins minus some Smash", I think. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
you haven't been away from your wife for even a night for five years???

you blew me away with that comment.
Well, there have been maybe two times where I ended up sleeping on the couch with my daughter because she was having a hard time, but we were still in the same house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
5 years? Lordy.

I see a game console evening and beer in your future.
The first part, yes. I do work Saturday and Sunday starting at 7a, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Most important for me is that it's good to affirm you still like your SO when you come back and are happy to see them. You may not have even ever questioned that, but it's still important as a kind-of-outsider perspective.
Ha, I'm happy when she comes home from work.

Quote:
i'm pretty sure BGM doesn't drink.

I see a game console and a large glass of lemonade in his future. (is lemonade vegan???)
Correct. BGM doesn't drink alcohol. Lemonade sounds really good. As for its classification of being vegan or not, it honestly really depends. If it's made with what's referred to as "bone-char sugar", then it's vegan to some and not vegan to others, as BCS is somewhat of a dividing line amongst vegans. Likewise with vegetarians.

The BCS process, just as an FYI, is when they process the raw sugar and mix it in with chunks of charred animal bone and basically sift it together, which is how some companies [Domino, for instance] get their sugar to be white. They do sift out the animal bones before packaging, but I'd have to imagine that some of it gets through the sifter.

Quote:
mmmmmmmmmmm - - - baconade.

:drool:
That's nasty. Plus, a lot of maple syrup companies hang dead pig carcasses over their syrup vats and let the pig drip into it for "natural flavors". We only use pure maple syrup. My dad's neighbor has these big parties relating to the preparation and enjoyment of foods such as maple syrup and apple cider. He has a barn where he has these mega-presses and big bubbling vats, and his friends, neighbors, and relatives all hang buckets on the trees to collect sap for him. Then he gives most of it away. We have two Crown Royale bottles in our fridge of the stuff. Really good.

Quote:
I definitely don't think spending so much time together is a negative thing. I just find that strange b/c even when I was living with my boyfriend of 3.5 years, I was out of town for business a lot, as was he, and we also had several trips that were guys weekend away or girls weekend away, so that thought just seems unnatural to me.

Add kids to this equation and subtract business trips and I can see how that becomes the status quo.

On a different note- I worked out for the first time today in 3 weeks and man am I out of shape. It feels good to be back on the horse though.
Well, as it turns out, I seem to only have two real-world friends, one of whom is my wife. Most of the people I used to talk to on a regular basis have vanished, including my old work friends whom I met once coming to MA. Very disappointing, but there's only so many times somebody can send an email asking what's going on without getting a response before cutting their losses. *shrug*

My other real-world friend lives in Orchard Park, so it's not like we get to hang out much.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM
I completely agree about the early SP comparison. In fact, when I got one of their albums a little under 2 years ago, I described it to my friend as "Smashing Pumpkins minus some Smash", I think.
Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. Was that album Carnavas by any chance (I'm way behind...)

Old
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Correct. BGM doesn't drink alcohol. Lemonade sounds really good. As for its classification of being vegan or not, it honestly really depends. If it's made with what's referred to as "bone-char sugar", then it's vegan to some and not vegan to others, as BCS is somewhat of a dividing line amongst vegans. Likewise with vegetarians.

The BCS process, just as an FYI, is when they process the raw sugar and mix it in with chunks of charred animal bone and basically sift it together, which is how some companies [Domino, for instance] get their sugar to be white. They do sift out the animal bones before packaging, but I'd have to imagine that some of it gets through the sifter.
Cane sugar FTW!

Old
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. Was that album Carnavas by any chance (I'm way behind...)
Yep. I couldn't remember the name, so I left it out.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Cane sugar FTW!
Damn right, dude.

Old
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Clock

Let's get this thread going, because all of the other ones suck.

So - who here generally tries to time their bathroom activities such that they occur immediately before a shower?

Old
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
BikeGiftingMan: Well, as it turns out, I seem to only have two real-world friends, one of whom is my wife. Most of the people I used to talk to on a regular basis have vanished, including my old work friends whom I met once coming to MA. Very disappointing, but there's only so many times somebody can send an email asking what's going on without getting a response before cutting their losses. *shrug*
Answer: Alien Abduction. (Maybe you're next.)

From ESPN's Mike and Mike in the morning this AM - Greenie to Golic: "when I was little, I had an imaginary friend. (Pause) We still keep in touch."

Old
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post

So - who here generally tries to time their bathroom activities such that they occur immediately before a shower?
This isn't common practice?

A better question: who here like a shower in the morning, evening, or multiple times a day? I'm a morning shower person myself.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Clock

Quote:

A better question: who here like a shower in the morning, evening, or multiple times a day? I'm a morning shower person myself.
It is for me. We were having this discussion at work and I'm interested in where all of you stand. I might be insane - I DO brush my teeh in the shower, after all.

And I'm a morning shower person. I shower after (if) I work out in the evening as well.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:

Sure, if it works out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Answer: Alien Abduction. (Maybe you're next.)

From ESPN's Mike and Mike in the morning this AM - Greenie to Golic: "when I was little, I had an imaginary friend. (Pause) We still keep in touch."
Could be. But I know that they were real. I have pictures!

Quote:
It is for me. We were having this discussion at work and I'm interested in where all of you stand. I might be insane - I DO brush my teeh in the shower, after all.

And I'm a morning shower person. I shower after (if) I work out in the evening as well.
Night is the only time I can shower since I'm watching my daughter all day. I did strongly consider brushing my teeth in the shower last night, though, for no apparent reason. I don't think I've ever done it before. It just popped in there. I was already in the shower, though. *shrug*

Old
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:

If I work overnight, and like to shower before I go into work, does that make me a morning or evening shower person?

Old
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Clock

Quote:
Night is the only time I can shower since I'm watching my daughter all day. I did strongly consider brushing my teeth in the shower last night, though, for no apparent reason. I don't think I've ever done it before. It just popped in there. I was already in the shower, though. *shrug*
It gives you a whole new outlook, BGM. Doors open as soon as you start to brush your teeth in the shower.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Clock

Quote:
If I work overnight, and like to shower before I go into work, does that make me a morning or evening shower person?
Morning.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
It gives you a whole new outlook, BGM. Doors open as soon as you start to brush your teeth in the shower.
I'm assuming figurative doors, not literal doors, like some sort of 80s Fred Savage/Howie Mandell movie.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Quote:
Morning.
See that just confuses me more, because when I went to school, I was definitely an evening shower person.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
what if you don't take any showers ?!?

in high school and my early 20's I was a evening shower guy, some where during my early/mid 20's I turned into a morning shower dude.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
This depends.

Do you come back from work, sleep, wake up, wait a few hours before showering, then immediately head off to work (with meals sprinkled in as appropriate)? Or do you wake up, immediately take a shower, then go to work a few hours later?

If the shower is immediately after waking up (or after "breakfast" or comparable meal), that counts as morning. If it is after being awake for many hours (and therefore the shower is not part of a waking up routine), it counts as evening.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

I prefer an evening shower, although I'm not consistent.

As for multiple activities, I always thought the definition of a Gentleman was someone who doesn't piss in the shower.

My favorite showers aren't taken alone.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

I'm a morning shower-er...er.

I brush my teeth in the shower as well. Picked that up in college and rolled with it since.

I refuse to talk about timing of bathroom activities.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Clock

Quote:

I brush my teeth in the shower as well. Picked that up in college and rolled with it since.

You shower and THEN cut loose, don't you?

Old
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Clock

Quote:
This depends.

Do you come back from work, sleep, wake up, wait a few hours before showering, then immediately head off to work (with meals sprinkled in as appropriate)? Or do you wake up, immediately take a shower, then go to work a few hours later?

If the shower is immediately after waking up (or after "breakfast" or comparable meal), that counts as morning. If it is after being awake for many hours (and therefore the shower is not part of a waking up routine), it counts as evening.
I suppose you could be an afternoon shower-er. Let's say I have a normal sleeping schedule but I work from, say, 2pm to 10pm. If I take a shower at 1pm, I'm clearly neither a morning nor an evening shower person.

I guess the way to ask it is this - do you shower BEFORE you go out / work / whatever, or do you shower when you get home from said events?

Old
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

I brush my teeth in the shower as well
. Picked that up in college and rolled with it since.

thats some honky tonk ****. you pee in the shower too?

Old
12-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
thats some honky tonk ****. you pee in the shower too?
it all goes to the same place, right?

(that's f-ing gross)

Closed Thread