HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Training with serious hamstring injury

Old
12-02-2008, 02:56 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

vCash: 500
Training with serious hamstring injury

I'm almost 17, my height is 5'8" and i weigh 163 lb. I have a very severe hamstring injury, my whole hamstring muscle, tore away from the bone and took part of the bone with it and grew back bad. The doctor doesn't want to operate me, since I'm young. Now, since my layoff,(about 1 and a half yrs ago) i have gained weight, most noticeably my stomach. I don't have clearance from my doctor to play hockey or even run (eliminates HITT). I sometimes do sit ups and crunches, but also unfortunately have a sweet tooth. Does anyone have tips on how to lose the unnecessary fat without putting stress on my hamstring? Also anyone help me with my nutrition plan, and most important HOW TO STOP EATING SWEETS!
thank you for your help

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:00 PM
noobman

My diet is probably one of the weaker aspects of my healthy habits, so I can't help you a lot there. All of my meals are clean, but I do get those sweet-tooth cravings.

The easiest thing to do is to keep cookies, chocolate, and candy out of the house.

You should also learn how to love fruit yogurt.

If you want to train w/ an injury, you should really consult a doctor. I'm don't think any upper body exercise wouldn't do you any harm, but then again I'm not a doctor.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Any upperbody exercise.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Crosbyfan

To burn calories you need to involve the large muscles which of course involve the hamstring. This should be done to optimize your recovery, not to lose weight so talk to your Doctor about the best balanced exercise program that will support that and hopefully weight loss.

Cut out the refined carbohydrates (all sugars, white flour etc.) and root vegetables (potatoes etc.) but eat a lot of small meals (lots of kindling, no logs) starting with breakfast and stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime.

Good luck!

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote