Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Someone make a proposal up.

Old
12-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Wpg Jets Fan

vCash: 500
Someone make a proposal up.

spice up our flames threads. how can we make our team better?

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:07 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
spice up our flames threads. how can we make our team better?
Howabout Iginla for Avery?

I mean the skill difference is evident, Avery is a much better hockey player than Iggy if he wanted to be. Plus then he can patch things up with his ex girlfriend and Dion. The two of them obviously like the same things (or persons) so it'll bring great intangibles to the team locker room.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:25 AM
sonetlumiere

inspired myself to pull an al strachan, but i actually think this one works out well for both teams.

langkow (4.5m.)
sarich (3.6m.)
1st round pick in '10

to anaheim for:

pronger (6.25m. unrestricted at the end of the year and would be perfect playing alongside dion. its funny to say this but word of mouth is prongers wife loves calgary and used to frequent down here often, and we all know the stock she holds in his decision-making process. lol sorry deadmonton)
2nd round pick in '09 (we currently dont have one, and this deal needed a little sweetener on calgarys end as its another deep draft year)

this deal works out perfect cap-wise with both teams pretty much swapping cap situations.

Last edited by sonetlumiere: 12-04-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: grammar
sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
inspired myself to pull an al strachan, but i actually think this one works out well for both teams.

langkow (4.5m.)
sarich (3.6m.)
1st round pick in '10

to anaheim for:

pronger (6.25m. unrestricted at the end of the year and would be perfect playing alongside dion. its funny to say this but word of mouth is prongers wife loves calgary and used to frequent down here often, and we all know the stock she holds in his decision-making process. lol sorry deadmonton)
2nd round pick in '09 (we currently dont have one, and this deal needed a little sweetener on calgarys end as its another deep draft year)

this deal works out perfect cap-wise with both teams pretty much swapping cap situations.

Huge no from Anaheim. The ducks will have alot of guys to resign, they arent going to want to throw 8 million at these two players. Also a no from Calgary. Flames arent going to give up a first, as well as two players they've signed for the next few years. I can see Sarich being dealt, but not Langkow, and DEFINATELY not our 1st round pick. Only way that pick will be dealt is if it lands us someone like Bouwmeester or Spezza.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Huge no from Anaheim. The ducks will have alot of guys to resign, they arent going to want to throw 8 million at these two players. Also a no from Calgary. Flames arent going to give up a first, as well as two players they've signed for the next few years. I can see Sarich being dealt, but not Langkow, and DEFINATELY not our 1st round pick. Only way that pick will be dealt is if it lands us someone like Bouwmeester or Spezza.
Also, I don't think Anaheim has the cap space.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Dions shoulder

Iginla for Avery?

Well, at first I thought it was not going to happen, but Dallas is looking to get rid of him now...

still, Iginla is a worth more... how about:

Iginla

for

Avery + 2nd

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Lunatik*

how do you make the Flames better? SUpport them... I propose we support the team instead of whining and complaining about every small move... teams quite often take on the identities of their fans... and as long as the fans are inconsistent in their support the team will find a way to reflect that

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:49 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dions shoulder View Post
Iginla for Avery?

Well, at first I thought it was not going to happen, but Dallas is looking to get rid of him now...

still, Iginla is a worth more... how about:

Iginla

for

Avery + 2nd
I think you forgot the sarcasm emoticon

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 01:28 PM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
hate to break it to you but it would take a hell of a lot more to acquire those two players through a trade. jbo is not gonna be traded here unless theres a massive overcompensation, and we dont need another top six forward.. it would only set back the development of our youngsters, not to mention lombardi and cammy could both post career years together (and one of them would have to be going east for spez).

first of all, its our first pick in a weak draft year. i was gonna make the first conditonal pending we resign pronger.

secondly, like i said before this works out perfectly cap wise. anaheim currently has 3.2m cap space, and were sitting a few hundred grand under. do the math.

and third, dont you realize that one of the players they have to resign IS pronger? along with 14 other players (including neidermayer).. pretty sure anaheim would jump on this in a heartbeat. if they want more cap space next year throw in aucoin in place of sarich. im positive they'd go over the cap with aucoin (who also has a ntc) so there would have to be a low end player back coming our way.

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote