HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs get ugly win, D'Agostini first NHL goal

Old
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
was that you again?
Not many Kareems like Finger that much.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
The referee, who was standing behind the net, saw the puck go in.
Referees claim to see a lot of things.

HFXMooseHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
ppil

I'm a big fan of AK46, so maybe I'm a bit bias

But I really think that this guy is our best foward. We need to slowly start to give him a bigger role. His bursts of speed on the first and the fourth goal were amazing. He's got a lot of skills but I think he's playing in the shadow of some veterans a bit too much.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH= View Post
The brutal calls (I didn't see conclusively that the puck completely crossed the line) should be dominating the comments. But they're not. That right there should tell you something.
I don't see why they can't put a friking camera in the net?? With today's technology, we can see throught women clothes.. why not nets?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Magic33

Ah i missed the game, can someone give me a rundown of what happened? Seems like we gave up a pretty big lead. Who played well, who didnt?

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

I think tonight's game went well except for that 7 second span where the thrashers scored twice...

but i think its a good win overall

BUT WHAT THE **** we had 4 guys on the ice for their goal!!!! I cant believe none realized they were missing a player!!!

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
ppil

But I really think that this guy is our best foward. We need to slowly start to give him a bigger role. His bursts of speed on the first and the fourth goal were amazing. He's got a lot of skills but I think he's playing in the shadow of some veterans a bit too much.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:48 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post

didnt you just way that??

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
LastRide

It was turning into the Habs best game of the year for the first 2 periods. They were pressuring, causing turnovers, hitting. They were all over Atlanta. Atlanta couldn't touch the puck without a Hab on top of them. Third period comes and they started to slack. After the first Atlanta goal the Habs started hanging on and a total collapse was about to happen. Its good to see they atleast got the win they deserved in the end. The Habs need to straighten out these total meltdowns they encounter every once in a while.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I like what i'm seeing from AK46.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:02 PM
capebretoncanadien

I think they played a real decent game...was never really doubtful that the habs would win even when it was 3-3..IMHO that reviewed goal was NOT a goal......even though it looked like a goal from the forward angle you can't definitively say it went in from that angle....good enough.....2 points in the bank....would've liked to see a few more stops from Price in the third.....my only qualm.....C'est la vie.......Go Habs Go!!!

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
Carbo just said that the guy who forgot to jump on the ice for the Trasher's first goal didn't play for the rest of the game, did anyone see Laraque on the ice after that, I think he might be the guy but I'm not sure.

He was. The replay showed that he barely got one leg over the dasherboard while the Thrashers were scoring.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
IT was easy to find out that it was Laraque because Begin had already taken higgins' place. So it's the guy who didn't jump in for Kovalev and that guy has to be Laraque.

I guess we'll see one of Latendresse or Sergei in the lineup for the next game

Probably Lats. Skostie needs further punishment before he turns into another Sean Avery.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Yeah, I mean he's only a kid that will learn from his mistakes. I'm sure it's already time to cut him loose, since apparently (insert Hamilton player here) can do a much better job than (insert Habs regular here).
If that Hamilton player is named d'Agostini, why not? However, Skostie is turning out to be a bigger problem than Lats. Unfortunately, Skostie has an insurance policy in the form of his older brother. Gainey wouldn't want to upset AKost, a future star.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Kovalev with Tanguay and Plekanec could be interesting...

Would leave us with:

AK-Koivu-D'ago
Higgins-Lang-Sergei/lats
Lats/Begin-lapierre-Kosto

I like it.
You'll like it even more when Pacioretty is ready.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Multi quoting is such a ***** amirite.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He was. The replay showed that he barely got one leg over the dasherboard while the Thrashers were scoring.
Damn... The NHL is no beer league... I'm disgusted

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Riquelme

I just have one word to say: Take that, Brunet!

Riquelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
communication problem if you ask me...it was Laraque's turn, but what Carbo failed to mention or notice, is that Laraque had been skipping his turn for a few shifts prior to that one and wit the Thrashers having just score, i'm not sure he was expecting to go on the ice, Carbo had been skipping his turn with Kovalev/AKostitsyn a few times...

Laraque should of been paying better attention, true enough, but I think there was a lack of communication

Aside from that...i'm not gonna make a bigger deal out of the near collapse than need be. They took their foot off the gas and almost got burnt...good thing AK46 is on his p's and q's right now and scored an important goal. He looked real good with Koivu, he's playing more with instinct away from Kovalev instead of following a script like he seems to do when he does play with him

Also like what i saw from Pleks/Tanguay...

Brisebois has been making boneheaded decisions defensively the last 3 games...over committing and hanging his partner out to dry.

The Habs can erase their 3rd period lull with a strong effort on Thursday against the Rags...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
LastRide

How did Carbo not see there were 4 guys on the ice. They played with 4 guys for quite for awhile. Its Carb's job too see that kind of stuff and get someone on the ice quick. Instead everyone was looking around dumb founded.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
NewHabsEra*

The wind clearly turned when Big Gorge forgot to jump on the ice, he realized it wjen the goal was score.. back to pressbox..

On the PK, Lang proved he had nothing to do there.. if you wanna give Kovy some time on PP, give him Plekanec..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

It was not an ugly win. If the Thrashers had won, it would've been that for them.

If it weren't for Hedberg, and the goal allowed for the birds, and the goal that was refused to the Habs (while Hedberg was replicating to Lappy, holding his legs with his pads instead of minding his job, and the ref hadn"t even called a penalty on the play), and the Laraque faux-pas, this game would've been a blowout. The Habs controlled most of the game, except for about 5-8 minutes.

And I liked some of the combinations tonight. I'm sure Koivu was glad having a RH shot on his line for a change. Haven't had that since Ryder.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

My lines for next game would be:

A. Kost - Koivu - D'Ago
Higgins - Plekanec - Tanguay
Sergei/Lats - Lang - Kovalev
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Plekanec and Tanguay looked good together and another quick guy like Higgins could make that line look very dangerous.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

it wasn't even an awful 20 minutes, it was just a really bad 5 minutes. I think the way we came out of those 5 minutes shows promise. A lot of teams would have staye don their heals but we pressed and carried the play and won as a result.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
That act by the referee Kowal on the second Hainsey goal was over the top.
I was watching the game in a bar that had no sound (they only turn off the music and crank up the play by play for Leaf games apparently) and one of the things I noticed was how stupid the ref looked when he called the "goal". It looked like he was excited that Atlanta scored. The NHL needs to crack down on crap like that. Either point for a goal or wave for a no goal.

As for the Habs... If it's not one thing it's something else. They need some consistency. I'm glad they got the 2 points though.

Go Habs Go!

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote