HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Left Coast Rangers Fans?

Old
12-04-2008, 12:37 PM
NotAloneJustBlue

vCash: 500
Left Coast Rangers Fans?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone on this board is based in the San Francisco Bay Area? If so, anyone going to the San Jose Sharks vs NYR game on Sat. Dec. 20?

It's difficult enough to get most bars in SF to put on a hockey game, let alone a Rangers game, so if anyone knows of a good spot I'd love to hear it. There's an Irish Pub that always is willing to find a tv for me but wondering if there is much a following out here -- I often get the "who the F$@# is watching the Rangers hockey game" but more annoyingly, there seems to be a sizeable Flyers contingent that comes into the bar for games.

NotAloneJustBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 01:14 PM
pavvento

Hey, I moved out to San Francisco last year, and watch any game I can.

Aces on Sutter and Hyde is a great NY bar. The owner is a big Rangers fan and they always have NY games on, and paraphernalia on the walls. It's a bit of a dive though.

The Bus Stop (my favorite bar in the city) has a ton of TV's and have MSG (I didn't know that was possible) and they'll always put it on, unless it's a Saturday and every TV has college football. It is nice watching the MSG feed.

I'm going to the game against the Sharks and can't wait! I also have an extra ticket if you or anyone is interested. Unfortunately I got them off stubhub so it's like $79 for a $30 ticket, but well worth it.

I'd also love to meet up for a game or something.

Lets Go Rangers!

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
NotAloneJustBlue

Nice, Aces is awesome. I usually hit up Kezar on Stanyan, it smells like socks but the girls there know I'm a fan and being Irish they seem to have a greater appreciation for hockey than most other American sports so they always make sure I get a tv. Lately I've been watching the streaming version on my computer (thank God for the people putting those out there) since it saves my wallet and liver but I'm always down to head out and watch it in a bar.

Planning on going to the game but not sure yet about tickets -- trying through Craigslist but still trying to determine how many people are coming with.

If you want to link up sometime for a game or pre Sharks game just send a note

NotAloneJustBlue is offline   Reply With Quote