HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

messier is killing us

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2004, 12:49 AM
  #1
Profet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
messier is killing us

every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, Alzheimers kicks in and, he skates toward our goal.


hey it couldn't hurt...

Profet is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 12:53 AM
  #2
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500

dem is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 01:02 AM
  #3
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Messier is our best player after Leetch right now.

I wouldn't complain...

Barnaby is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 01:26 AM
  #4
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
yeah anyone know where our new star right winger has been lately?

Will the real Jaromir Jagr please stand up and please light the red light up

on second thought, keep falling guys, i want a high first rounder.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 05:12 AM
  #5
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
yeah anyone know where our new star right winger has been lately?

Will the real Jaromir Jagr please stand up and please light the red light up

on second thought, keep falling guys, i want a high first rounder.

I'm happy with Jagr's play for now. 18 pts in 16 games. (9 goals)...

He's the superstar we can keep while we rebuild, NAME HOLIK captain next season and let Jagr do his magic (a player who actually wants to PLAY in nyc)

If Jagr tails off at the end of this season, I'm not worried either, it will only mean a possible higher draft pick for us...

GarretJoseph is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 06:57 AM
  #6
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profet
every time he gets the puck in the neutral zone, Alzheimers kicks in and, he skates toward our goal.


hey it couldn't hurt...
What are you talking about, his frickin' line is the only one scoring lately!!! Before Lacouture scroed last night, Messier's line was in the the 7 previous goals!!!! How is that hurting us??? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is giving us a chance to win and screw up our draft position!!! :mad:

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 11:47 AM
  #7
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
What are you talking about, his frickin' line is the only one scoring lately!!! Before Lacouture scroed last night, Messier's line was in the the 7 previous goals!!!! How is that hurting us??? Oh yeah, I forgot, he is giving us a chance to win and screw up our draft position!!! :mad:
you read my mind.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 12:18 PM
  #8
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Anyone see Mess being traded by next Tuesday's deadline?

I'd like to see it, the old man still can play, as long as icetime is limited :p

Best we could hope for is a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick, but that suits me fine. Can we throw Poti in and get an extra set of Ginsu knives? :p

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 01:01 PM
  #9
moosemessier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: branchburg, nj
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
i want him gone so i can finally root for a real team. rangers eat ass. mess shows that he can play bigtime minutes and produce on a way less than average line regarding offense.
he is the best player ever and i want him in toronto. time for him and others to leave this dump.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Anyone see Mess being traded by next Tuesday's deadline?

I'd like to see it, the old man still can play, as long as icetime is limited :p

Best we could hope for is a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick, but that suits me fine. Can we throw Poti in and get an extra set of Ginsu knives? :p

moosemessier is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 01:23 PM
  #10
Jackson Ranger
Registered User
 
Jackson Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Anyone see Mess being traded by next Tuesday's deadline?

I'd like to see it, the old man still can play, as long as icetime is limited :p

Best we could hope for is a 2nd tier prospect or mid round pick, but that suits me fine. Can we throw Poti in and get an extra set of Ginsu knives? :p
I'm sure the team trading for Poti would hold out for the George Foreman grill!

Seriously, here's my trade of the day. Mess and Simon to Colorado for ??? (pick(s) and or minor prospect/Worrell). Reasons, Mess goes to a contender. Colorado has some insurance in case Forsberg/Nikolishin are out longer than expected. Mess/Simon have shown a lot of chemistry together, so Colorado besides experience and toughness, they get some scoring. Throw Konowalchuk on that line and I would say you would have a solid 3rd line in the playoffs. Colorado would look like this up front assuming Forsberg is healthy:

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Kariya Sakic Selanne
Simon Mess Konowalchuk
Moore Hendrickson ???

As for the Rangers, they get pick(s) and maybe a prospect which is better than nothing.

Flame away.

Jackson Ranger is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 01:28 PM
  #11
TXNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
I'm sure the team trading for Poti would hold out for the George Foreman grill!

Seriously, here's my trade of the day. Mess and Simon to Colorado for ??? (pick(s) and or minor prospect/Worrell). Reasons, Mess goes to a contender. Colorado has some insurance in case Forsberg/Nikolishin are out longer than expected. Mess/Simon have shown a lot of chemistry together, so Colorado besides experience and toughness, they get some scoring. Throw Konowalchuk on that line and I would say you would have a solid 3rd line in the playoffs. Colorado would look like this up front assuming Forsberg is healthy:

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Kariya Sakic Selanne
Simon Mess Konowalchuk
Moore Hendrickson ???

As for the Rangers, they get pick(s) and maybe a prospect which is better than nothing.

Flame away.
If there is such thing as a Ranger being untouchable, I think it is Messier.

I would be pleasantly surprised, more like shocked, if Messier was traded.

TXNYR is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
  #12
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNYR
If there is such thing as a Ranger being untouchable, I think it is Messier.

I would be pleasantly surprised, more like shocked, if Messier was traded.
I wouldn't be. I say trade him. There isn't the "career Ranger" type of thing like with Leetch. Move him to Colorado or Detroit for a 2nd and give him a shot to go out with a bang.

Barnaby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.