HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Thrasher at Senators - Dec. 3rd, 7:00 ~ TSN

Old
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
BigEyedPhish

vCash: 500
If there is one player I would offer to overpay slightly on this team besides Alfredsson I would give it to Fisher..

His extra effort deserves extra cash.. Atleast that is how it is in every job each of us has in our daily lives.

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Funny because when I see Fisher play the same thing crosses my mind.
That's ok. A lot of people feel that way. But I like to believe they're simply poor judges of talent. I still think Fisher will put up another 20-25 goals and 50pts this year (barring any more injuries) which is more than good enough for a 2nd line centre given his linemates and the other elements of his game.

Don't bother responding, I'll do it for you:
Quote:
Only 14pts in last 39 games plus 11:06 mins.

Only wins 50.2765% of his faceoffs.

Has only 98.95% mobility in his right knee due to injury.

Hair is 3.24 inches longer than I'd like it to be.

I don't mind the player, just the contract.

Last edited by sensfan83*: 12-05-2008 at 10:21 AM.
sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germz View Post
Scouting report notwithstanding, Phillips has looked slow to start this year. You can't deny that. On our D, only Smith has looked slower. Even Volchenkov, I think, has gained some speed this year.
Maybe this year, i won't deny it, but based on the past, he is not a slow player. His skating is actually pretty decent. I dunno if he was injured or something but he is not his usual self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzer0 View Post
Spezza has a new move I think.

When he's along the boards when challenged for the puck, he'll face the board about one foot away from it. He'll keep the puck out of reach of the challenger but will also block him with his body. If the the guy tries to go outside and chase the puck, spezza will simply bring the puck on the other side and so back to square one. If he tries to go inside, spezz'll curl back out towards the net with his man behind him.

I did my best to describe it :] Basically, he uses his reach and his body to perfection along the board.
Ya i noticed that. It's great. Now he just needs to do it consistently every game, every shift. When Spezza will "masterize" more puck-control along the boards, he will be hard to stop.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote