HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Why isn't Hordichuk fighting?

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Samsonites

vCash: 500
Why isn't Hordichuk fighting?

I always like to see Hordichuk dropping the gloves and fighting but in the last dozen or so games, granted he only plays less then 5 minutes a game, but to me, he isn't being agressive and doing his roll of a true enforcer. If he is not, do you guys think we should replace him in the line-up?

Old
02-03-2006, 01:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He's playing good hockey and doing some great banging out there. He hasn't skated away from any fights either, he goes if he needs too, he hasn't really need too lately.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:16 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
While I like fighting, last night is a great example of how he can do his job and never drop the mitts. He punishes Vaananen with a great CLEAN hit and effectively takes him out of the play and the game (and the season). With Vaananen down, Hordichuk (I think it was him) rang one of the crossbar. He didn't drop the gloves but he did an invaluable service. He provided a physical/emotional spark for the Preds, generated a scoring chance or two off of his effort and physicality, and played his role to a 'T'. If Blake or someone like that had challenged him, he would have obliged. But just because he doesn't have any willing partners, don't take that as a knock on Hordy.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Samsonites

Thanks for the insight. I can't see live games and could only see the highlights and stats after the game. Good to know that Hordy is still being aggressive but in a smart way.

Old
02-03-2006, 05:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hordichuk is probably one of the most underrated pick-ups in the HISTORY of this team. There's been high-profile signings and trades, but everyone scoffed at giving up a fourth rounder for Hordy...well, in hindsite, I probalby would have gone as high as a second, if I had known what he was going to bring to this team. When the whole team is flat, he NEVER takes a shift off. He comes out flying, hitting everything in sight and wreaking havoc on the forecheck.

Pred303 had a strange but I think good idea...give Hordy a few shifts with a few scorers and see what happens. If he can do his job and crash and bang and keep the puck in...long enough to get it to a Kariya or Sullivan...good things can happen. I hope they sign this guy long-term.

Old
02-03-2006, 05:24 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I can't wait till next year when we have a 4th line next year of Hordichuk-Smithson-Tootoo

We'll have a 4th line that can crash and bang. Also do a good job of enforcing, and put in some goals. This line was incredible when it was together. Its really a shame it didn't stay together.

Old
02-04-2006, 10:06 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I can't wait till next year when we have a 4th line next year of Hordichuk-Smithson-Tootoo.

I think you get your wish tonight instead.

Old
02-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Stars-Preds

I like Hordichuck's style of enforcing. He doesn't just skate around looking for people to fight. Rather he skates around look to send a message by smashing someone into the boards. That guy has no fear and his energy has brought a new asset to this club.

Closed Thread