HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you expect Rinne to play one of the next two games?

Old
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Do you expect Rinne to play one of the next two games?

And if not one of the next two, what is Predators managements expectations for him this year?

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:13 PM
ElRey

Why not?

Well with the way that Ellis played in the first period of the last game I wouldn't be surprised at all. He's been really inconsistent so far this year and it might serve him well to sit a game or two every now and then after a bad start to kind of re-motivate him. Give him something to think about. The preds will have no chance of making the playoffs this year if one of these two goalies doesn't start to put together a good season. Every time I think that Ellis is starting to heat up he lets me down. Not that Rinne has had a good start because he hasn't but he's still green and a little playing time would benefit both goalies I think...Why not?

ElRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:21 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

If the coaching staff feel the need to play against a team that would get Rinne's confidence up, I would definitely put him in tomorrow against the offensively-challenged Bolts.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Dodgie

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Lecavlier and St. Louis "offensively challenged".
A more logical start would probably be next week (3 games in 4 nights - ATL 28th, MIN 29th, BUF 1st )

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
without starting a new thread:

discussion of those a little bit on the NP boards...

When do you guys think Rinne will get the reins to this team?

Next season? After all-star break if he proves he is ready to go? When Ellis continues to falter?

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
without starting a new thread:

discussion of those a little bit on the NP boards...

When do you guys think Rinne will get the reins to this team?

Next season? After all-star break if he proves he is ready to go? If Ellis continues to falter?
Fixed ... This

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:24 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

I don't think Ellis' play has gotten to the point where it's costing us games yet... when it gets to that point, Rinne can take the starting job with the unquestioned loyalty of the coaching staff, the GM, and the fan base.

Until then, Rinne and Ellis will likely be platooned so long as Rinne continues to play well, like he did against Atlanta and Buffalo; however, if he has more games like his debut against Columbus and the game against Calgary, Ellis may entrench himself in that #1 position over the course of the season.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Ellis will still be the starter by the end of the year IMO. This is nothing like the Ellis/Mason tandem of last year. At most they will split time, but Rinne is not quite there yet to take over as #1. (But at this point in the season, any answer is just a wild guess.)

After typing this out I took a look at their stats. Rinne has better numbers, although he's been pulled twice, while Ellis has not been pulled. Rinne could really be considered 4-2, not 4-0 since he got pulled twice but the game losing goal was scored against Ellis. It's really hard to falter a goalie who has to come into a game cold.

Rinne hasn't been challenged enough. His wins have come from Buf, Atl, Fla, and Edm... not exactly wins to brag about (Buf was a good win).

Goaltending GP GS W L OTL GAA SV% SO
Dan Ellis 20 18 8 10 2 3.06 .893 1
Pekka Rinne 6 6 4 0 0 2.78 .898 1

Nothing too impressive there that warrants sitting one over the other. Ellis has won games for us (e.g. SJ), while Rinne just hasn't been challenged enough.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I said before the season that Rinne would be the starter by the All-Star break and while I'm backing off that slightly, I have confidence that he will be the starter by season's end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote