HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flames boarding call on d'Agostini

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2008, 01:39 AM
  #1
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
The Flames boarding call on d'Agostini

If d'Ago had been badly hurt on the boarding call, would a suspension have surprised anyone?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:05 AM
  #2
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
If d'Ago had been badly hurt on the boarding call, would a suspension have surprised anyone?

Was not suspension worthy, Regher isnt known as a dirty player anyway. But to awnser your question, no surprise, thats the way the NHL works... injury = suspension, no injury = no suspension.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 04:34 AM
  #3
stangconv
Registered User
 
stangconv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZi79o_OyI

He shoudl be a repeat offender

stangconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:53 AM
  #4
TonyTinglebone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZi79o_OyI

He shoudl be a repeat offender
That's extremely close to what happened with D'Agostini. fighting for the puck and the forward gets ahead and Regehr gives him the last shot sending him into the boards.

Not suspension worthy.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:15 AM
  #5
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,114
vCash: 500
It was fine to me. Regehr didn't put all of his force into the hit and it was a last second turn by D'Agostini.

What ticks me off a little is that no one jumped him after the hit. Look at the Flames players after the Markov-Phaneuf hit. I guess the right guys were not on the ice, but still.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
  #6
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangconv View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZi79o_OyI

He shoudl be a repeat offender
He did the same thing to D'Ago...someday, if he does it again, he'll hurt someone bad...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:21 AM
  #7
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
I think this was suspension worthy. I watched it over again a couple of times. Yes dagostini turned, but he began falling after the turn and as he was falling he got hit. The player could clearly see that he was already falling and gave him an extra shove on his way down. I think atleast a 1 game suspension would suffice.

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:29 AM
  #8
Treal
Registered User
 
Treal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
What ticks me off a little is that no one jumped him after the hit. Look at the Flames players after the Markov-Phaneuf hit. I guess the right guys were not on the ice, but still.
Regehr alright had a delayed penalty on the play. Why risk losing a powerplay by instigating a fight? Hurting them on the Powerplay would do more damage than someone trying to fight Regehr.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was weird that nobody came to D'Agostini's defence but I understand that Habs were trying to capitalize on the delayed penalty and ensuing powerplay.

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:36 AM
  #9
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
Regehr alright had a delayed penalty on the play. Why risk losing a powerplay by instigating a fight? Hurting them on the Powerplay would do more damage than someone trying to fight Regehr.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was weird that nobody came to D'Agostini's defence but I understand that Habs were trying to capitalize on the delayed penalty and ensuing powerplay.
It's just the principle. If it was late in the game and it was close, I would agree. But this was earlier on. You have to send a message that this will not be tolerated, to show the rest of the league the Habs are not the wimps they make them out to be.

Though whoever did go after him would get clocked. But Regehr would also be gone for 7 mins which is a good thing.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
  #10
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's just the principle. If it was late in the game and it was close, I would agree. But this was earlier on. You have to send a message that this will not be tolerated, to show the rest of the league the Habs are not the wimps they make them out to be.

Though whoever did go after him would get clocked. But Regehr would also be gone for 7 mins which is a good thing.
or Habs jump Regehr and take 7 minutes of penalties like Nashville did versus the Canucks.

Its actually much easier for the Flames to go after Markov when the games a essentially a blowout. They had no incentive not to go after Markov meanwhile Montreal has the rest of the game to.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
  #11
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It was fine to me. Regehr didn't put all of his force into the hit and it was a last second turn by D'Agostini.

What ticks me off a little is that no one jumped him after the hit. Look at the Flames players after the Markov-Phaneuf hit. I guess the right guys were not on the ice, but still.
all his force or not, Regehr clearly shoves D'ago from behind into the end boards.

D'ago did not turn, he had body position on Regehr.

I re-watched the hit 10 times last night on my PVR...so dont tell me to go watch it again, it was a dirty play

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 08:59 AM
  #12
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
all his force or not, Regehr clearly shoves D'ago from behind into the end boards.

D'ago did not turn, he had body position on Regehr.

I re-watched the hit 10 times last night on my PVR...so dont tell me to go watch it again, it was a dirty play
Cannot agree more. I have a PVR as well. And if people would have had the chance to review it closely, like I said before, there was an initial hit close to the circles that sent D'Ago off balance, then Regehr used that to send him flying hitting him off-balance from behind. Probably the worst thing you can do since there's is no chance a guy could protect himself.

So D'Ago did NOT put himself in that position....Regehr did that for him. So I couldn't care less about the initial hit.....but hitting a guy from behind that is clearly off-balance? Those are the most dangerous hits.....

As far as Markov's knee, well he's not known for that. Still, while he wasn't aiming Phaneuf on purpose and wanting to injure himself, I think that he got beat and stuck the knee out a little. Still if Phaneuf knew it was a dirty shot, he would've gone bezerk, which he didn't. Even in the end of the brawl, Markov was close by Phaneuf for a little while, if Phaneuf wanted to kill him, he would've been able to even if a referee was close by.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 12-10-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:28 AM
  #13
Davebo
beep beep
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,081
vCash: 500
Kosto is not a dirty player either, yet he got 3 games for similar situations. The only difference is that Dags hops right up afterwards - he could have easily been badly injured.

Three games for Regehr - no injury but the league has to keep suspending this type of play.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:52 AM
  #14
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
It was dirty, but not suspension dirty, that's why they have the Boarding call in the game, for hits like that.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:54 AM
  #15
hickles46
Registered User
 
hickles46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: England
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Avery got 6 games for saying something...Kosto got 3 games...Regehr gets nothing.

hickles46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:56 AM
  #16
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 500
He only should get a suspension if he hurt his feelings.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
  #17
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
The Habs should be ashamed to not go and defend a teammate. That is why our team is dysfuntional and some nights have no pride or heart.

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:03 AM
  #18
Shred
Registered User
 
Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Regher isnt known as a dirty player anyway.
Regehr might not be known as a dirty player in Montreal but he's way dirty. Oil and Nucks fans complain about him almost as much as Bruins fans do about Komisarek.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
  #19
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Regehr might not be known as a dirty player in Montreal but he's way dirty. Oil and Nucks fans complain about him almost as much as Bruins fans do about Komisarek.
And we all know how much that whining on Komisarek is actually warranted.

You actually shot down your own argument with that analogy.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:06 AM
  #20
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Regehr could have ridden him out into the boards, instead he decided to launch him head-first into them. It was more subtle than Kostopoulos' hit, but it was dirty. Had D'Agostini been hurt there's no doubt in my mind that Regehr would have been suspended at least a game.

And at the guy who thinks Regehr isn't a dirty player.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
  #21
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
And we all know how much that whining on Komisarek is actually warranted.

You actually shot down your own argument with that analogy.
It's absolutely warranted. Komisarek is dirty. He takes cheapshots after the whistle more than anyone I've ever seen.

Last year in the playoffs after one whistle Komi must have cross-checked a Bruin in the head (I think it was Thornton or Savard? I dunno who) probably 6 or 7 times in succession.

He doesn't hit people from behind, but he's definitely dirty.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:16 AM
  #22
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,915
vCash: 500
Had he been hurt, then yes, there would have been a suspension. As stupid as that is...

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:22 AM
  #23
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
If D'Ago would of stayed on the ice for a few minutes, I have a feeling it would of been a 5 minute penalty.

I'm not sure what is suspension worthy and what isn't. I guess if the play is hurt you review for suspension, if not hurt you don't??? But then why did Ruutu get suspended for the head hit on Lapierre??? Laps wasn't badly hurt???

Who knows anymore. I'm starting to have a hard time knowing what is holding and what is not. What is hooking and what is not. What is tripping and what is not. The consistency of penalty calls is patethic...and getting worse, and ditto for suspensions and such.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
  #24
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
If D'Ago would of stayed on the ice for a few minutes, I have a feeling it would of been a 5 minute penalty.

I'm not sure what is suspension worthy and what isn't. I guess if the play is hurt you review for suspension, if not hurt you don't??? But then why did Ruutu get suspended for the head hit on Lapierre??? Laps wasn't badly hurt???

Who knows anymore. I'm starting to have a hard time knowing what is holding and what is not. What is hooking and what is not. What is tripping and what is not. The consistency of penalty calls is patethic...and getting worse, and ditto for suspensions and such.
I guess it's a mix of how bad it looks, how obvious it looks AND/OR if a player is injured. The Ruutuu was too obvious to let it go despite Lapierre not being hurt. The Regher hit was not as obvious and he wasn't hurt, so no immediate need to review.

Well....it was obvious to me when it happened and even more when you watch the replay, but still not enough for them.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
  #25
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess it's a mix of how bad it looks, how obvious it looks AND/OR if a player is injured. The Ruutuu was too obvious to let it go despite Lapierre not being hurt. The Regher hit was not as obvious and he wasn't hurt, so no immediate need to review.

Well....it was obvious to me when it happened and even more when you watch the replay, but still not enough for them.
Ruutu was also a repeat offender for reckless hits. He's made a habit of it.

There's also another observed factor of mine that comes into suspensions: Regehr is actually a good player -- and a veteran at that who carries more respect. Had it been Bouillon or a depth defenseman I think it's far more likely they'd be suspended.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.