HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

ATL - MTL (Kovalchuk)

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Prudentius

vCash: 500
ATL - MTL (Kovalchuk)

We all know Ilya Kovalchuk won't sign again with the trashers. He wants to go to a winning environment. Montreal is a perfect fit. And the rumors says he loves the city. Here is my proposal

MTL: Ilya Kovalchuk, Kari Lehtonen
ATL: Carey Price, Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, Dandenault(for the cap)

What do you think?

Old
12-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Deathamphetamine

vCash: 50
Montreal gives up WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much IMO

Old
12-04-2008, 04:54 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
We all know Ilya Kovalchuk won't sign again with the trashers. He wants to go to a winning environment. Montreal is a perfect fit. And the rumors says he loves the city. Here is my proposal

ATL: Carey Price, Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, Dandenault(for the cap)

What do you think?
I still think your acting as a Habs fan dressed in sheeps clothing.
Every proposal you make is a bad one for the Habs but you claim to be a Habs fan.Every time i read a post from you your saying something nagative about the Habs or bringing up bad proposals. Troll maybe.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Every proposal you make is a bad one for the Habs but you claim to be a Habs fan.Every time i read a post from you your saying something nagative about the Habs or bringing up bad proposals. Troll maybe.
People easily forget Kovalchuk is on the same level as the Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin of this world.

Lehtonen and Price have about the same value at this point of their career, with a slight edge to Price obviously. Kovalchuk isn't a UFA, he's signed for 2 years. Plekanec and Higgins are overrated and underperforming. The other are all players that haven't played a single game in the NHL yet.

Congratulation on no counter proposal though. Real proud of you.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:59 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
People easily forget Kovalchuk is on the same level as the Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin of this world.

Lehtonen and Price have about the same value at this point of their career, with a slight edge to Price obviously. Kovalchuk isn't a UFA, he's signed for 2 years. Plekanec and Higgins are overrated and underperforming. The other are all players that haven't played a single game in the NHL yet.
Oh ya like most other Hab posters on this board i too am putting you on ignour

Saying Lehtonen and Price have about the same value at this point proves what most say on the Habs board. Your not Habs fan your a troll.Your just trying to stir up the pot with bad proposals and crap talk about the Habs.
Oh ya i'm also following suit like most of the rest of the Habs fans on this board and putting you on the ignour list. C-ya

Old
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Saying Lehtonen and Price have about the same value at this point proves what most say on the Habs board. Your not Habs fan your a troll.Your just trying to stir up the pot with bad proposals and crap talk about the Habs.
Oh ya i'm also following suit like most of the rest of the Habs fans on this board and putting you on the ignour list. C-ya
Just proves how much of a homer you really are.

Also, please let me know where there is a concensus amongst habs fan that i'm either a troll or should be ignored. Your the first one to whine about it. In my bob gainey thread, and now this one.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:38 AM
LeafDangler

I'm a Leafs fan and this proposal is fit for an EA sports game. Do you really need the attention that badly?

Old
12-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Michael Scott*

Quote:

What do you think?
What I think about this trade:

EPIC FAIL!

What Montreal Fans think about this trade:

What do Atlanta and Toronto fans think about this trade:

What I think is going to happen to YOU in this thread:

Old
12-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Michael Scott*

Quote:

Old
12-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Going a bit overboard with the clips there man, loses the effect when you post so many at once

Old
12-04-2008, 06:37 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
So he is actually a Habs fan?

Old
12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Michael Scott*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Going a bit overboard with the clips there man, loses the effect when you post so many at once

Old
12-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave Sidney Alone View Post
See, just the one works much better

Old
12-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Prudentius

Ok, since nobody seems to be taking this seriously...

what about

MTL: Ilya Kovalchuk
ATL: Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, Dandenault(for the cap)

Old
12-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Michael Scott*

Quote:
Ok, since nobody seems to be taking this seriously...

what about

MTL: Ilya Kovalchuk
ATL: Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty, Dandenault(for the cap)
Take out Plekanec, and make the first in '09.... McDonagh and MaxPac are blue-chip prospects... 1st in 09 is a deep draft, and Higgins is a decent top 6 guy with upside.

Similar deal to Hossa if you ask me, but there is more value here than Armstron, Christensen, 1st in 08, and Espo...

Higgins
1st in 09
McDonagh
Pacioretty
Dandenault (cap)

for

Kovalchuk

Old
12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

What do you think?

I love Kovalchuk and want him as badly as anyone but thats way too much

Old
12-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave Sidney Alone View Post
Take out Plekanec, and make the first in '09.... McDonagh and MaxPac are blue-chip prospects... 1st in 09 is a deep draft, and Higgins is a decent top 6 guy with upside.

Similar deal to Hossa if you ask me, but there is more value here than Armstron, Christensen, 1st in 08, and Espo...

Higgins
1st in 09
McDonagh
Pacioretty
Dandenault (cap)

for

Kovalchuk
the problem with 1st in 09 is that the draft is in montreal, and its their only first round. You can't afford to not draft into the first round when its in your city.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Michael Scott*

Quote:
the problem with 1st in 09 is that the draft is in montreal, and its their only first round. You can't afford to not draft into the first round when its in your city.
So you want a mid to late first round pick, so the crowd can have a good cheer, but you don't want a franchise player who could possibly take you to the promise land... on the Canadiens 100th anniversery or whatever it is....

Cup in your city >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Draft in your city

Old
12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:

What do you think?
Pretty stupid deal. You got a team loaded with talent and a franchise goalile and now you want to go out and get a top notch goal scorer but have one hell of a injury prone problem in net? Hell, if im atlanta i would probably do this in a heart beat and hang up asap.

Old
12-04-2008, 09:12 AM
bosoxfan929

would the "rumored" pkg they were going to offer for Hossa last year work for Kovalchuk?

I believe it was
Higgins, Halak, 1st rounder

Maybe throw in another low to mid level prospect?

Old
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxfan929 View Post
would the "rumored" pkg they were going to offer for Hossa last year work for Kovalchuk?

I believe it was
Higgins, Halak, 1st rounder

Maybe throw in another low to mid level prospect?
keeping the dumb daily hab proposals alive...as per this post...higgins wasn't offered...it was something like o'byrne, d'agostini, a 1st, maybe grabovski. waddell wanted higgins gainey said no.

as per the kovalchuk deal. i don't think gainey would do a kovalchuk for price deal straight up. that package kills the habs for the future. two best prospects, a 21 year old goalie, their no. 1 center in a year or two, solid 25 goal scorer - both 25...

for a year and a half of a very good goal scorer who's already 29.

habs want to win now, but this dumb proposal kills them for a decade, and gainey isn't going to do that.

Old
12-04-2008, 09:54 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Pretty stupid deal. You got a team loaded with talent and a franchise goalile and now you want to go out and get a top notch goal scorer but have one hell of a injury prone problem in net? Hell, if im atlanta i would probably do this in a heart beat and hang up asap.
it was his fantasy gm proposal of the week

Old
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

What do you think?
MTL: Ilya Kovalchuk,
ATL: Grabovski, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Dandenault

Seems more fair to me.

Old
12-04-2008, 10:02 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
MTL: Ilya Kovalchuk,
ATL: Grabovski, Tomas Plekanec, 1st rd 2010, Dandenault

Seems more fair to me.
grabovski was traded to the leafs

Old
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Judge Sauer*

So the Thrashers become the Habs while the Habs become the Thrashers?
Kind of at least.

I think something a little richer than the Hossa deal would work. nothing so outlandish as what's been posted here.

Closed Thread