HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott/Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
  #1
SenatorsLegionary
Member of Sens Army
 
SenatorsLegionary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Ott/Chi

to Ott: Petri Kontiola, Cam Barker/Brent Sopel

to Chi: Chris Kelly (+pick)


Kontiola has negative value in the deal and Chicago sheds salary. If Barker is the one going to Ottawa, the sens would need to add a pick to even the value. Kontiola can fit in and take Kelly's spot on the sens' roster.

SenatorsLegionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
  #2
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,075
vCash: 500
Not bad.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
  #3
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,738
vCash: 500
I don't see how this helps Chicago.

Kontiola may want a trade, but he hardly has negative value.

And by adding Kelly, they add almost the same amount of salary as if they just brought up Barker.

This would be no from Chicago.

Actually, they might do it for Sopel.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
  #4
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Not bad.


this is terrible. Why would chicago consider it?

what abouts: Kontiola and Bertram for Kelly?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
  #5
Kamina
Amok
 
Kamina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post


this is terrible. Why would chicago consider it?

what abouts: Kontiola and Bertram for Kelly?
For Barker, I'd agree for its imbalance. He shouldn't be in this deal.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
  #6
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,471
vCash: 340
No way Hawks do this!

I cant believe a 4th line C would make as much money as Kelly!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
  #7
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No way Hawks do this!

I cant believe a 4th line C would make as much money as Kelly!
He's not a fourth line C, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Hawks say no.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
  #8
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I love how Brent Sopel is an interchangeable piece for Cam Barker. We'll take Heatley OR Winchester.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
  #9
senators101
Registered User
 
senators101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: T.O.
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I love how Brent Sopel is an interchangeable piece for Cam Barker. We'll take Heatley OR Winchester.
Not that I think this is fair for the Hawks, but the OP did say that if it was Barker, we'd have to add a pick.

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
  #10
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
The Hawks have no real interest in stockpiling more picks. They want warm body upgrades.

Kelly is not the second line center they need, though. Now, if you were going to start talking Vermette...

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
  #11
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,328
vCash: 500
Kontiola + Sopel for McAmmond + a pick?

Hawks shed salary for Wisniewski's return and gain some bottom-six depth at center that we could use. McAmmond slots into Bolland's slot, Bolland replaces Sharp and Sharp replaces Brouwer.

Ottawa gets a high-risk, high-reward prospect and a (relatively) reliable d-man plus a pick.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
  #12
Skrymir
Registered User
 
Skrymir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
The Hawks have no real interest in stockpiling more picks. They want warm body upgrades.

Kelly is not the second line center they need, though. Now, if you were going to start talking Vermette...
Ok...

Vermette and a pick for Kontiola and Barker

I still think Chicago says no, but you said you wanted Vermette.

Skrymir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
  #13
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,471
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Kontiola + Sopel for McAmmond + a pick?

Hawks shed salary for Wisniewski's return and gain some bottom-six depth at center that we could use. McAmmond slots into Bolland's slot, Bolland replaces Sharp and Sharp replaces Brouwer.

Ottawa gets a high-risk, high-reward prospect and a (relatively) reliable d-man plus a pick.
McAmmond offers the hawks nothing!

He is not a C anymore and he isn't doing much at all this year. I wouldn't want him as our #3 center.

Plus the Ladd-Bolland-Byfuglien line has shown good chemistry in past and this year.

We have had McAmmond before and i dont want him again.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
  #14
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by senspats92 View Post
to Ott: Petri Kontiola, Cam Barker/Brent Sopel

to Chi: Chris Kelly (+pick)


Kontiola has negative value in the deal and Chicago sheds salary. If Barker is the one going to Ottawa, the sens would need to add a pick to even the value. Kontiola can fit in and take Kelly's spot on the sens' roster.
the pick would have to be a 1st, IMO

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
  #15
massivegoonery
Registered User
 
massivegoonery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 11,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
McAmmond offers the hawks nothing!

He is not a C anymore and he isn't doing much at all this year. I wouldn't want him as our #3 center.

Plus the Ladd-Bolland-Byfuglien line has shown good chemistry in past and this year.

We have had McAmmond before and i dont want him again.
We need to shed some salary to get Wiz back on the roster, any better suggestions?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:06 PM
  #16
kohlmanator
Registered User
 
kohlmanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No way Hawks do this!

I cant believe a 4th line C would make as much money as Kelly!
He's a 2nd/3rd line centre that is one of the best penalty killers in the league.

kohlmanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
  #17
Andrew B
Registered User
 
Andrew B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Chicago doesnt do any trade that doesn't Dump salary. That includes lateral moves.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:30 PM
  #18
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrymir View Post
Ok...

Vermette and a pick for Kontiola and Barker

I still think Chicago says no, but you said you wanted Vermette.
The Hawks aren't trading Barker.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.