HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/04/08 NY Rangers @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD, CBC-HD, MSG-HD

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithChawwclateSawwce View Post
Ranger fan here, good luck tonight guys, I love these original 6 matchups.
Thanks...I do also. Nothing like a Ranger Habs game...better than going way south or west!

Old
12-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Andy

Gaston Therrien & Le Baron are complaining that Kostopoulos is playing over Latendresse.

Furthermore, Gaston Therrien doesn't understand why D'Ago is playing when Latendresse can play the same game and is better, that all D'ago has is better speed. He also goes on to say that if we gave Latendresse 20 min per game and playued on the first powerplay unit he'll score.

lol all three videos on rds' site complain about Latendresse's benching lolol.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Gaston Therrien & Le Baron are complaining that Kostopoulos is playing over Latendresse.

Furthermore, Gaston Therrien doesn't understand why D'Ago is playing when Latendresse can play the same game and is better, that all D'ago has is better speed. He also goes on to say that if we gave Latendresse 20 min per game and playued on the first powerplay unit he'll score.

lol all three videos on rds' site complain about Latendresse's benching lolol.
I don't disagree..

Latendresse hasn't even been close to the worst player this season.. I think his entire game has improved.

In all honesty, our worst player is still playing more than any other forward -- Alex Kovalev.

Sergei has been pretty brutal too of late, but at least he's young and isn't supposed to be a leader yet.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I don't disagree..

Latendresse hasn't even been close to the worst player this season.. I think his entire game has improved.

In all honesty, our worst player is still playing more than any other forward -- Alex Kovalev.

Sergei has been pretty brutal too of late, but at least he's young and isn't supposed to be a leader yet.
Everyone knows Kovalev isn't playing as well as last year but to call him our worst forward is downright laughable.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Etienne

Quote:
I don't disagree..

Except for the penalties, Sergei hasn't been brutal at all. Kovalev neither. Lats is out because he himself admitted he doesn't know what's expected of him...

Wake up kid, you're there to crash the ****ing net. Playing physical doesn't mean hitting their D after they made their passes.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:11 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Except for the penalties, Sergei hasn't been brutal at all. Kovalev neither. Lats is out because he himself admitted he doesn't know what's expected of him...

Wake up kid, you're there to crash the ****ing net. Playing physical doesn't mean hitting their D after they made their passes.
Kovalev has been brutal, there is no way to explain his play other than that. If he was playing good, he'd be leading the NHL in scoring right now. He's not.

Who knows if Lats knows what he's supposed to do? Carbo is a great guy, but we all know he's had problems with coaching so far. Maybe he doesn't let Lats know what he wants. He gets put on a scoring line with two passers.. is he supposed to be the goal scorer? He gets put on on a grinding line.. he's the finesse player.

Latendresse NEEDS a role to play.. but he can't figure it out when they switch his line everyday.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Everyone knows Kovalev isn't playing as well as last year but to call him our worst forward is downright laughable.
Who's playing worse than him in the top-12? Okay, maybe Laraque. Sorry, you got me.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Kovalev has been brutal, there is no way to explain his play other than that. If he was playing good, he'd be leading the NHL in scoring right now. He's not.

Who knows if Lats knows what he's supposed to do? Carbo is a great guy, but we all know he's had problems with coaching so far. Maybe he doesn't let Lats know what he wants. He gets put on a scoring line with two passers.. is he supposed to be the goal scorer? He gets put on on a grinding line.. he's the finesse player.

Latendresse NEEDS a role to play.. but he can't figure it out when they switch his line everyday.
Well Kovalev is tied for most points on his team... And he never was that brutal, many giveaways earlier, but he's playing great right now.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
Well Kovalev is tied for most points on his team... And he never was that brutal, many giveaways earlier, but he's playing great right now.
Playing great right now? Admittedly, I didn't see the last game, so if he's turned it around.. great. Didn't seem that way from reading the PGT, but hopefully its true.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Playing great right now? Admittedly, I didn't see the last game, so if he's turned it around.. great. Didn't seem that way from reading the PGT, but hopefully its true.
Everyone sucks on our team when it comes to the powerplay nowadays.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Bretvincent

So should we give the Rangers a 5 goal lead like last time, give them some hope and then crush it

Old
12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
gilles lupien

I was talking to my friend, Gaston Gingras, and he thinks it'll go to a shootout. Good luck lads!

Old
12-04-2008, 06:35 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles lupien View Post
I was talking to my friend, Gaston Gingras, and he thinks it'll go to a shootout. Good luck lads!
So did the NHL 09 prediction on nhl.com

Old
12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
habtastic

I also think Lats has been playing well enough, but if the team is winning, lets stick to it. I would replace him with Kosto if I had to change anything, but then, could Lats do what he does on the PK? He'll be back soon enough. As for Sergei, everyone seems to think he sucks, but really it's just converting. Yes, he has taken bad penalities...no argument there. I think the message has been sent. But as for skill, this guy is a few shades off of 46 and 27 and the only reason we're not celebrating him is because he hasn't burried a couple of chances. Andrei has gotten verrry lucky on the goals he's scored lately (off a defenceman, etc.), but he has been an absolute force and like they say, you create your chances. I think it's just a matter of "luck" or "chaos theory" or whatever you wanna call it going his way all of a sudden. Sergei is still full of talent and when he's playing with his bro, it's only a matter of time before he starts roofing them. Koivu + AK46 does rule for the moment though. Tough decisions and I feel for Lats. Like he said, he doesn't fully understand what they want more out of him? I would say (and this applies to all)...FINISH YOUR ****ING PLAY! Cough...LANG! If you look how easily the other team scores in the same situation...mind you against Price, it really makes me wonder how snakebitten the Habs' forwards have been. For the record, I still believe in Kovy (yes that's right, i said it)...it'll happen and the second it does, you'll all realize that we are very lucky to have him.

HABBY BIRTHDAY! Lets get a win on our 99th! Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

Old
12-04-2008, 06:51 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

JMMR is God!

Old
12-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree..

Latendresse hasn't been one of our worse players, I agree...however, he has had many opportunities to score goals and he only has 2. Quite a few times this year he's had the puck in prime scoring area and he hasn't capitalized, even if you go back to his 1st goal, Koivu did all the work and he had an opent net to shoot at...his other goal was a very nice one right off the faceoff, but thats it. I'm a Lats fan, but I don't get the uproar his benching has caused

He's had the opportunity to put points on the board and help the team win, and while he certainly wasn't the worse he didn't seize his opportunity either. This team has been starving for goals, they've lost at least 3 or 4 games because they haven't been able to score

If Latendresse wants it, he has to go get it, he's playing fine but there's no improvement or noticeable growth in his game from his rookie season, he's got to show more.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Maliki2

OK...game time!!! Kick some ass Habs!!! And this from someone in the USA!

Old
12-04-2008, 07:05 PM
HabsoluteFate

I love the jerseys

Old
12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

this video montage thing sucks. i usually like the pre-game things they do but this is a bit much.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
this video montage thing sucks. i usually like the pre-game things they do but this is a bit much.
the cheesy song ruins it.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
tiz

Jersey's rock! Laraque needs to go out there and beat Orr early... That'll get the crowd back into it!

Old
12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

These jerseys are AWESOME.

Halak has vintage pads on as well.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
the cheesy song ruins it.
One of the most famous artists ever.. 'New York, New York' by Frank Sinatra.

Probably too old for you (and me) to appreciate.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:11 PM
habsrock60

Nice ovation for Lafleur "GUY, GUY, GUY". Love it

Old
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quick question....what was up with the New York New York montage? Seemed more like a song to cheer on the Rags, I got in right at the end of the montage.

Quote:
One of the most famous artists ever.. 'New York, New York' by Frank Sinatra.

Probably too old for you (and me) to appreciate.

Some kick ass music from back in the day, love What the World Needs Now

Closed Thread