HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Ribeiro Arrested for Public Intoxication

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
  #1
vofty
Registered User
 
vofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
Ribeiro Arrested for Public Intoxication

Well that new leaf didn't last long.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...sted-sund.html

Quote:
Late Sunday night, Dallas Stars forward Mike Ribeiro was arrested in Plano on charges of public intoxication.

According to the Plano Police Department, Ribeiro and three others were arrested at Ra Sushi Bar Restaurant, with three people arrested for public intoxication and one for public intoxication and assault. The four went to the Plano City Jail and were bonded at 4:44 a.m.
edit: nm turns out it was his wife's fault.
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Mike.Ribeir...2.1956708.html
Quote:
McDonald explained that Ribeiro was dining at Rasushi, located in the 7500 block of Lone Star Drive, with 39-year-old Darcy Lewis and 39-year-old Tammy Williams, who is Ribeiro's wife. The two women got into an altercation with other patrons at the restaurant and an off-duty officer who was working there intervened.

Ribeiro's party, which also included 36-year-old Wane Lewis, was escorted outside. All four were taken into custody for public intoxication. Wane Lewis was also charged with assault after, police said, he lunged at an officer during the arrest.


Last edited by vofty: 10-11-2010 at 10:52 AM.
vofty is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 10:44 AM
  #2
Caseman
Registered User
 
Caseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 500
He took the Rangers loss hard

Caseman is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
  #3
Chad_
 
Chad_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Big deal. I would have been more shocked if Ribeiro didn't go out drinking.

I am curious if the person in the party who was arrested for public intox. and assault got the assault on the police officer or was the reason for the call (much more likely). If that's the case, the public intox. on Ribeiro doesn't necessarily reflect anything poorly upon him, unless you consider drinking in poor taste, because a public intox. is at the police officer's discretion and is usually given to members of a party that is out of control (not necessarily due to being intoxicated) at a location where drinking occurs.

ADDED: Oh, it would also reflect poorly upon Ribeiro if his friend had committed assault and got the cops called to the bar because he should choose his friends more wisely.

Chad_ is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
  #4
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler
 
Jeffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Downsview
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,685
vCash: 500
Thats it, I'm fed up with him. Trade him to the Leafs for Finger, I don't care.

can't fault me for trying...

__________________
"Mophead in the middle is the mad scientist of the group. He sits quietly, wide eyed with a smile on his face until someone unleashes him, and then he explodes into an explanation Fury like a coked out physicist explaining the Theory of Relativity to a grade 8 class."
Follow me on Twitter
Jeffler is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
  #5
goalie311
Registered User
 
goalie311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
We need a mug shot, stat.

goalie311 is online now  
Old
10-11-2010, 10:48 AM
  #6
starsfan18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknuck311 View Post
We need a mug shot, stat.

starsfan18 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
  #7
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Guernsey
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
It doesn't seem too serious to be honest, though it'l just be more fodder for people saying Ribeiros a cancer.

E: Holy **** he looks like an actually criminal in that mugshot lol.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
  #8
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,166
vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure

Frozen Failure is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:33 AM
  #9
jangster
Registered User
 
jangster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errettung View Post
It doesn't seem too serious to be honest, though it'l just be more fodder for people saying Ribeiros a cancer.

E: Holy **** he looks like an actually criminal in that mugshot lol.
Yeah that's pretty sad looking lol.

jangster is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:50 AM
  #10
PaulQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Sounds like bs charges to me.. He got arrested because he had a few glasses of wine at a restaurant and his wife got into an argument with the owner? ... Gotta love those off duty cops in Texas... He probably thought he was Mexican.. Come back to MTL Mike... the cop would have asked you your autograph!!

PaulQ is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:52 AM
  #11
SinBinTexan
Registered User
 
SinBinTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Plano cops are tight ***** anyway.

SinBinTexan is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
  #12
SinBinTexan
Registered User
 
SinBinTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
Sounds like bs charges to me.. He got arrested because he had a few glasses of wine at a restaurant and his wife got into an argument with the owner? ... Gotta love those off duty cops in Texas... He probably thought he was Mexican.. Come back to MTL Mike... the cop would have asked you your autograph!!
Or set his car ablaze in excitement.

SinBinTexan is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
  #13
piqued
Global Moderator
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 29,690
vCash: 20645
That's what happens when you marry a stripper.

piqued is online now  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:10 PM
  #14
pain2007
Registered User
 
pain2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Incident happened at a restaurant not a bar, and the time was 11:30pm - plenty of time to sleep off whatever he drank and be fine for practice the next day. This is a non-event, he should not be disciplined.

pain2007 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
  #15
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
That's what happens when you marry a stripper.
Quoted for truth.

I've mentioned it before but I'm his former neighbor in Montreal, and I'm obviously a huge fan. He's a totally great guy, good family man and loves sports. He's loosey-goosey (or was when he was here) and immature but in a good way, he's a jovial person.

His wife on the other hand... to call it an accident and shotgun wedding would be putting it lightly. She's terrible. Just terrible.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
  #16
PaulQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain2007 View Post
Incident happened at a restaurant not a bar, and the time was 11:30pm - plenty of time to sleep off whatever he drank and be fine for practice the next day. This is a non-event, he should not be disciplined.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/arch...s-regardi.html

Based on the documents, seems like no one had alcohol in their blood yet they were all accused of public intoxication... Make sense to anyone?


Last edited by PaulQ: 10-11-2010 at 12:40 PM.
PaulQ is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
  #17
PaulQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Texas Public Intoxication Laws Allow Arrests Without Intoxication. Or Even Drinking.

http://www.theagitator.com/2010/02/2...even-drinking/

what a joke...

PaulQ is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
  #18
piqued
Global Moderator
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 29,690
vCash: 20645
Cops can arrest for public intox whoever they feel like, they don't need BAC readings.

piqued is online now  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
  #19
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games Seen: 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 315 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 43,568
vCash: 1495
It happened in Plano.

That's all ya had to tell me.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
  #20
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain2007 View Post
Incident happened at a restaurant not a bar, and the time was 11:30pm - plenty of time to sleep off whatever he drank and be fine for practice the next day. This is a non-event, he should not be disciplined.
I disagree. A normal person should be able to go out in the evening, eat and drink, and make it home without being arrested. He screwed up, and you deserve to be disciplined when you screw up.

This obviously isn't anything major, but based on his history, you don't get a free pass for behaving badly or being in a bad situation because of friends and family. If the team steps in now, they shouldn't have to worry about a similar or more significant issue occurring down the line.

I’m not sure what the CBA allows, but hopefully they can impose some sort of financial fine on him instead of missing a game or game –time. However, if they choose to bench him, so be it. He earned it.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
  #21
PaulQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I disagree. A normal person should be able to go out in the evening, eat and drink, and make it home without being arrested. He screwed up, and you deserve to be disciplined when you screw up.

This obviously isn't anything major, but based on his history, you don't get a free pass for behaving badly or being in a bad situation because of friends and family. If the team steps in now, they shouldn't have to worry about a similar or more significant issue occurring down the line.

I’m not sure what the CBA allows, but hopefully they can impose some sort of financial fine on him instead of missing a game or game –time. However, if they choose to bench him, so be it. He earned it.


He screwed up? What did he do wrong exactly? Do you even know? And what history? What gossips have your heard?

PaulQ is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
  #22
BigG44
HFB Partner
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
He screwed up? What did he do wrong exactly? Do you even know? And what history? What gossips have your heard?
Oh he did nothing wrong. Those Plano police are big meanies, and they just go around locking people up.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:55 PM
  #23
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games Seen: 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 315 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 43,568
vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
And what history? What gossips have your heard?


SCANDALLLLLL

Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
  #24
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Oh he did nothing wrong. Those Plano police are big meanies, and they just go around locking people up.
Actually they are. I got a $150 ticket for having a headlight out at 5:30PM without a warning.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline  
Old
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
  #25
PaulQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Oh he did nothing wrong. Those Plano police are big meanies, and they just go around locking people up.
lol.. as I thought, you think you know what happened by reading the first post of this thread... The docs says he had an alcohol level of 0, but was arrested for public intoxication... The only charge put on him... BS charge no? ALso, if you take the time to read this article, http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...17d053276.html, you'll be able to figure out that he personally did nothing wrong but they decide to arrest everyone from their group...


Last edited by PaulQ: 10-11-2010 at 01:08 PM.
PaulQ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.