HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone else getting the feeling that Higgins will be moved?

Old
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Anyone else getting the feeling that Higgins will be moved?

Not very original, but with Matt DAgostini with the big team, doing pretty well and playing a very similar style of game Higgins does, are some of you feeling something might be on the work? IMO Higgins's value is pretty high on the market, wont make much more than 3 millions next summer, still young, he is a pretty valuable player that proved he can score goals, he is a nice team player, didicated..... Do you think his days might be numbered to improve the team in other areas or making the team more offensively punched short term?

I dont think Gainey is gonna trade guys like Latendresse or S.Kost, first their value is probably lower, they are still very young with some untapped potential..

Maybe I am wrong and I hope Im wrong cause I like Higgins but at the end, its business..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'd see more lats being moved then higgs, but at our current playing rate anything is possible.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
superstar436

higgins will get 4 million ( look ryder )
If he gets moved it will be in the summer because that will affect komi signing
I like the guy and I think he should be on the 2nd line LW, put him with pleks. He will only be moved once pacioretty makes the NHL and fully established.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
if higgins gets traded it has nothing to do with d'agostini. probably because we realized he is not as good as we thought and hopefully his value is still high.

its beyond me why this guy even plays...i dont even notice him at all. its funny that latendresse gets benched and he is prolly the last player i would defend but at least i notice lats when he plays. lats was waaay more effective than higgins with koivu.

also interesting to me how there are several guys on this team that need to play with koivu to have success. is there really one player that needs to play with kovy to be effective?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krautso

absolutely not. Higgins is an important piece for this team and I don't see Gainey trading him when we have pieces in the hammer that can get us what we need at the deadline. If there was a GM out there with a crush on him who is willing to overpay though, anythings possible. I don't see Bob initiating it.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
HabuseMoi

I would like to see him beign moved.... I like the guy, but I hate his hands, he also got the habit of doing a lot of talking during interviews but not showing anything for it.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
couz

Higgins has trade value...it may be time to use that value before it goes down to nothing or very little like it did with Ryder.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
absolutely not. Higgins is an important piece for this team and I don't see Gainey trading him when we have pieces in the hammer that can get us what we need at the deadline. If there was a GM out there with a crush on him who is willing to overpay though, anythings possible. I don't see Bob initiating it.
See my proposal with Kovalchuk....

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:09 PM
emb24*

gainey is all about team. he'll let UFA's and flaky sophomores go before he gets rid of guys like komi, pleks and higgins. these are players who will be the leaders on this team within 2 years

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Pascal

I don't think we'd really notice him if he's gone right now.. I use to be a big fan of his but he's really mediocre on the offensive side of things this year so far. He has a good toolbox but he's extremely inconsistent.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Yeah we definitely need less players that give 100% every game and have some scoring touch.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:15 PM
kernkraft

^
Yeah, but I don't want to give Higgins too much money. He's a luxury 3rd liner in my book. Same with Latendresse.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
MayorFord

Higgins to Long Island for Trent Hunter. I do it.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Maliki2

Not sure what is up with Higgins, but when he gets near the puck or it touches his stick its like a wild ball...I've never seen anything like this ever.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Erika

Christopher Higgins is nothing more than a 3rd liner, just face it people !! His stone hands are his trademark and this guy isn't going to win you anything !! Hard worker ?! Kind of player teams win championship with ?! 35 goals scorer ?!

Give me a break !! This guy ain't gonna win you anything !! We barely notice him on the ice and we do, it's because he missed an empty, faned on a shot, lose puck while trying to dangle or shoot the puck on the goalie's chest !! He's floating around 70% of time and still continuously play with the best players on the team and still be invisble !!

I said it 3 years ago and people laughed at me. Now who's laughing huh ?!

Bob, I beg you, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value... if not any...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
I like the guy and I think he should be on the 2nd line LW, put him with pleks. He will only be moved once pacioretty makes the NHL and fully established.
He is RFA, Ryder was UFA.. I dont think he will be in a really good posture to ask much more than 3 millions.. A deal similar to the one of Andrei would be fine..

Old
12-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't see Gainey moving guys on a whim...and this weould be a whim.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
MonacoBlue

Higgins isn't going anywhere.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Christopher Higgins is nothing more than a 3rd liner, just face it people !! His stone hands are his trademark and this guy isn't going to win you anything !! Hard worker ?! Kind of player teams win championship with ?! 35 goals scorer ?!

Give me a break !! This guy ain't gonna win you anything !! We barely notice him on the ice and we do, it's because he missed an empty, faned on a shot, lose puck while trying to dangle or shoot the puck on the goalie's chest !! Floating around 70% of time and still continuously play with the best players on the team and still invisble !!

Bob, I beg you, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value... if any...

Stone hands?? He has quick hands, just too quick for his brain at time..

Old
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Give me a break !! This guy ain't gonna win you anything !! We barely notice him on the ice and we do, it's because he missed an empty, faned on a shot, lose puck while trying to dangle or shoot the puck on the goalie's chest !! Floating around 70% of time and still continuously play with the best players on the team and still invisble !!

Bob, I beg you, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value... if not any...

He was more visible than Sergei tonight.

Old
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

He isn't in a position to ask for more than 3m. For an impending RFA, that alone makes it EXTREMELY stupid to move him now.

Secondly there would be NO significant return to validate moving him. Unless it gives us a Top 4 pairing defenseman that can play for us RIGHT NOW we would ripped off.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
There is no way Higgins asks or gets 4 million. He's a restricted free agent, Ryder was an unrestricted free agent. If you want to compare him with Ryder for value, compare it too what Ryder got in his RFA year...which was roughly 2.9. Personally I'd give Higgins 3.5 mil max depending on how many UFA years we eat up. My guess, he re-signs 2 years around 2.75 mil per.

Old
12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
habdynasty

Quote:

Give me a break !! This guy ain't gonna win you anything !! We barely notice him on the ice and we do, it's because he missed an empty, faned on a shot, lose puck while trying to dangle or shoot the puck on the goalie's chest !! He's floating around 70% of time and still continuously play with the best players on the team and still be invisble !!

I heard sergei enjoyed the popcorn tonight

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

What's more annoying than your idiotic opinion is your "teach" smilie at the end of your idiotic opinion.

Now who's laughing, huh? Everyone, and they are laughing at you.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:

ya those 27 goals last year was with stone hands... unbelievable!

EVERY top 6 forward is struggling this year; that because of the ineffective PP.

floats 70% of the time huh... how much are you paying per ounce?

Did Higgins kick your cat or something?

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote