HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS has sunk to a new low...

Old
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
RDS has sunk to a new low...

Please, I beg you to watch the video of Gaston Therrien. He literally claims that the brothers are stealing roster spots of Quebec born players. Moreover he claims they threatened the team to back to Russia if they were not played.

This is false and cheap journalism, they are trying to turn the fans against our team's own players just to promote Quebecois players, it's just appauling.

I sent a formal complaint to the station and suggest you do the same. This xenophobia and propaganda has to end!

Please send in your messages showing your anger against this cheap and petty journalism, it's truly disgusting!

I am really starting to hate rds!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
From the other thread

I was just coming here to complain about the same thing... he told them to go back to siberia. He also mentions that these lazy players are taking the spots of "our quebecers" who don't deserve to be benched. Oh and according to Gaston Therrien, O'Byrne doesn't have to clear waivers.

I really think it's mob mentality; they are all choosing to see the exact same thing. Somehow the whole RDS crew thought AK sucked last games.. when everyone here thinks he was our best forward last two games. It started with le moron chantelois and now it's the rest of the gang as well.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
From the other thread

I was just coming here to complain about the same thing... he told them to go back to siberia. He also mentions that these lazy players are taking the spots of "our quebecers" who don't deserve to be benched. Oh and according to Gaston Therrien, O'Byrne doesn't have to clear waivers.

I really think it's mob mentality; they are all choosing to see the exact same thing. Somehow the whole RDS crew thought AK sucked last games.. when everyone here thinks he was our best forward last two games. It started with le moron chantelois and now it's the rest of the gang as well.
It's abosolutly disgusting, I am actually in a fit of rage. This is insulting to the team as well. They are trying to start a "nous" vs "les autres" battle. Claiming "the russians" are "stealing" spots from "our own talent"

And he literally says "Go back to your country"

Old
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Please, I beg you to watch the video of Gaston Therrien. He literally claims that the brothers are stealing roster spots of Quebec born players. Moreover he claims they threatened the team to back to Russia if they were not played.

This is false and cheap journalism, they are trying to turn the fans against our team's own players just to promote Quebecois players, it's just appauling.

I sent a formal complaint to the station and suggest you do the same. This xenophobia and propaganda has to end!

Please send in your messages showing your anger against this cheap and petty journalism, it's truly disgusting!

I am really starting to hate rds!
Its sad really. Id like to see the shoe on the other foot. Wouldnt it be a hoot to hear someone call down Gaston in the media and say he was stealing a spot of a real journlist from Quebec.

all this and were 10-5-2

happy centennial from RDS

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
There's a reason I watch the game on CBC or TSN whenever possible.

RDS has gone down the tubes. It's almost painful to watch the games on it.

That being said, I'm grateful they air every game because a lot of fans don't have that luxury.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Clumsyhab

Nothing new there, Michel Bergeron says Higgins doesn't want to give an effort because he's playing with Kostopoulos. Le Baron is speculating that Carbo doesn't want to scratch the Kost bros because they will goo play in the KHL.

Also, not such a big deal, but RDS reported today that the lines were the same at practice this morning;

Kovy - Koivu - Tanguay
S. Kost - Lang - A.Kost

I can't believe that those Hockey experts they hire are a bunch of incompetents.

P.S. Just watched the video, GASTON THERRIEN, C'EST UN HOSTI D'IMBÉCILE. YÉ PAS MIEUX QUE LE GROS CAVE QUI SE PRÉNOMME "LE BARON".

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 11-19-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Fido22

If it's blatant racist comments, send it to the CRTC.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Brisk-Illusion

RDS is a private business who's only goal is to maximize profits for their shareholders, if having a guy catering to bigots is a favorable for ratings, then they will and should do it.

If you don't like it, you're free to change the channel, watching hockey on TV is not a right, and you shouldn't take personal offense when something is said that you don't agree with.

Aren't there more important things you could be fighting for besides making sure private TV stations don't offend anyone ?

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
RDS is a private business who's only goal is to maximize profits for their shareholders, if having a guy catering to bigots is a favorable for ratings, then they will and should do it.

If you don't like it, you're free to change the channel, watching hockey on TV is not a right, and you shouldn't take personal offense when something is said that you don't agree with.

Aren't there more important things you could be fighting for besides making sure private TV stations don't offend anyone ?
"SHOULD" is not the same as "WILL". They definitely should not do it.

What kind of Quebec company attacks a Quebec institution like the Montreal Canadiens?

It's silly. Stupid argument too, we take the best players we can find wherever we find them. There are more Quebec players on the team now than in a long while. Plus, it's xenophobic, something Quebec doesn't need more of, that's for sure.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I'm sending a complain to CRTC

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/Register.asp?lang=E

Old
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
King Kovalev

They have 13 points. Kovalev has 13 points. People here are always giving him **** and starting trade Kovalev threads so what exactly is wrong with Therrien saying that the bros suck? Its not like if it wasnt true..

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:29 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
They have 13 points. Kovalev has 13 points. People here are always giving him **** and starting trade Kovalev threads so what exactly is wrong with Therrien saying that the bros suck? Its not like if it wasnt true..
in their 2 marbles in a tin can heads they think that by bashing the Kost bros, Gainey would bump Tender to the 1st line after getting rid of the bros.

retards
can't understand how morons like that are allowed to work for a national sport channel.

sometimes I have to watch the game on RDS cause their no other option

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fido22

Quote:

Stupid paying customers complaining!

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
It's not racism... but could be considered discriminatory... I doubt they'll lose any sleep over it...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habinger

Quote:

Let's see, using access to public communication to push an agenda has never been used for evil before? =\ You may want to read a few history books......

In other news I just listen to it on CJAD which may not be great but it's better. At least the commentary isn't bigoted.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
Are you really comparing a guy who gets almost double the ice-time than either as well as more PP time.. not to mention better players than Sergei has played with all year..

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:31 PM
bib
#believe

is there a link to this somewhere?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Oh and according to Gaston Therrien, O'Byrne doesn't have to clear waivers.
He does not...

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
It's not racism... but could be considered discriminatory... I doubt they'll lose any sleep over it...
Well, yeah, it depends on the comments. I didn't hear it.

If it's general neanderthal hockey talk, fine.

If it's actual racist slurs....they may well have a problem.

The "go to siberia" posted here and the like may well be a problem.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:32 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Well, yeah, it depends on the comments. I didn't hear it.

If it's general neanderthal hockey talk, fine.

If it's actual racist slurs....they may well have a problem.

The "go to siberia" posted here and the like may well be a problem.
I don't think there are enough Russians on RDS, that's the problem.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
they took it down

Edit: nevermind it's right here, first video

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/

"Therrien: Carbo doit passer aux actes"

Old
11-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
"SHOULD" is not the same as "WILL". They definitely should not do it.

What kind of Quebec company attacks a Quebec institution like the Montreal Canadiens?

It's silly. Stupid argument too, we take the best players we can find wherever we find them. There are more Quebec players on the team now than in a long while. Plus, it's xenophobic, something Quebec doesn't need more of, that's for sure.
The bottom line is that the are a private business who's only goal is to make money for their shareholders, and they have a moral responsability to act on whatever they think will maximize profits.

They are not making anyone watch their channel, and are not making anyone pay for it, if you want to stop watching RDS or cancel your subscription because of it, you are free to do so, but trying to tell them what they can or can't say on their own network is not only a waste of time, its also an attempt to infringe on someone's basic rights.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:36 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
The bottom line is that the are a private business who's only goal is to make money for their shareholders, and they have a moral responsability to act on whatever they think will maximize profits.

They are not making anyone watch their channel, and are not making anyone pay for it, if you want to stop watching RDS or cancel your subscription because of it, you are free to do so, but trying to tell them what they can or can't say on their own network is not only a waste of time, its also an attempt to infringe on someone's basic rights.
I agree 100%. They are the Fox News of Quebec. They are trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Somebody has to take their money.

The same argument applies to Don Cherry though.

And that doesn't mean you can't complain either.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Here is the video if you want to see "L'hosti de gros cave qui veut faire son show en se fachant":

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=17895

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Andy

Quote:

You know what though, If i'd go on CTV and say "Qubecers are a bunch of ignorant racists" I'd get rip to pieces by the population and this should be no different.