HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikhail Grabovski

Old
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
2nd rounder or late 1st.

He's almost 25 and will be a UFA in 2 years. In a sense, you can say he's close in value to a 20-25 (vet) goal scorer who will be a UFA soon.
Yep. To whoever mentioned Gaborik or the top 3-7 pick... give me a break.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares View Post
Ya, Toronto just got really lucky, pretend last season he was on MTL playing like he is this season, how much would you trade him for?
MTL is just angry they gave him away
Not really, we just didn't have any room for the kid, Gayney actually made him a favor sending him to a team were he would have the ice time

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

Grabovski would garner a low 1st/high 2nd at this point.

However, I'd like to see how he fares throughout the remainder of the season and well into next year to be sure that his first season isn't just a fluke.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Well if you wannt talk draft picks? A top 3-7 draft pick in this years draft. If you think about it, I think this is actually a pretty fair trade.
Grabovski for Gaborik

I may be flamed but Gaborik can't survive a season but he is very talented. Grabovski is a top rookie, may even win rookie of the year hes on pace for about 40 goals. He probobly won't reach that but he will get 60+ points and around 30-40 goals. He is very talnted
lmao are u drunk?

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Ya, Toronto just got really lucky, pretend last season he was on MTL playing like he is this season, how much would you trade him for?
he wasnt liked by anyone in the locker room cause of his attitude. he never did anything with us. and he was threatening to go to russia. dont really miss him? hes having a good season with a team that can offer him the ice time he needs? no ones bitter

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Thanks but we'll keep Koivu, Plekanec, Lang and Lapierre. Oh and Chipchura too. At least they want to play here and don't *****.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
No Toronto really didnt. They were patient and saw a potential boom or next to nothing. Nothing to do with luck, but everything to do with montreal being loaded upfront and being impatient. Sometimes it takes a few years for skilled, small europeans to get their game onto par in NA; and look at it now.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Krazy

question is, what is his value in $$ this year if he scores 30g 60 pts.
I dont see Burke paying 4 million for him....

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
question is, what is his value in $$ this year if he scores 30g 60 pts.
I dont see Burke paying 4 million for him....
That is really my question. I wonder what he'll be like in a non-contract season.

12-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Hale The Villain

Who has more value: Brandon Dubinsky or Mikhail Grabovski? I traded Grabovski for Dubinsky thinking it was a huge steal but I am not sure now

Who won the deal?

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Who has more value: Brandon Dubinsky or Mikhail Grabovski? I traded Grabovski for Dubinsky thinking it was a huge steal but I am not sure now

Who won the deal?
Dubinsky>>Grabovski

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Jakomyte

A good question to help would be what is the value of Stajan? This season, Stajan has more points than Grabovski and has proven more throughout his career than Grabovski. Stajan is also only 1 month older. If you figure out what Stajan is worth... Grabovski is a step below.

Since people wanted to waive Stajan earlier in the year, I think its safe to say that both players still have a lot to prove before they can be worth anything on the trade market.

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:48 PM
emb24*

so he was overvalued in montreal and now that he's in TO...he's overvalued?

grabbo for gabbo?
grabbo for a 1st
LOL

i'll give you greg pateryn and a low 2nd for him

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
so he was overvalued in montreal and now that he's in TO...he's overvalued?

grabbo for gabbo?
grabbo for a 1st
LOL

i'll give you greg pateryn and a low 2nd for him
Bet montreal would.....
Regardless, the difference between a first (29th-30th, and a low 2nd can be negligable).

I still think the leafs messed up. Wellwood is better....

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I might trade this for him...

... nah, that'd be an overpayment!
What are you trying to say here? Do you even know who Grabovski is? Did you just see Toronto Maple Leafs and decide to throw out one of those "bag of pucks" comments that are so ingenious?

Also, if its only a late 1st being offered for him...I'll pass, it's about time we held onto some prospects, especially offensively gifted ones.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

why would you even bother with this? He's not going anywhere so it's useless.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Draft pick.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM
WildWolfdog

Quote:
Bet montreal would.....
Regardless, the difference between a first (29th-30th, and a low 2nd can be negligable).

How is Wellwood better? Did you see the picture of him relaxing by a pool? His nickname is Well-fed for a reason.

WildWolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Also, if its only a late 1st being offered for him...I'll pass, it's about time we held onto some prospects, especially offensively gifted ones.
That's the problem. A leafs fan comes out asking what his value is because he's a had a good first 1/4 of a season. Realistically, he still has little to no value because he still hasn't proven much, so posters respond with 'draft pick', which is probably what he would be worth in a trade right now. I think Toronto would much rather hold onto him then trade him because his value is very low compared to what he provides Toronto.

But for those thinking he'll warrant a top 10 pick in this year's draft???

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Bet montreal would.....

oh really mr. gainey and where does he play in montreal?

there are already 2, talented 21 year old wingers sitting in the stands with s. kostitsyn and latendresse. he's not better than pleks or koivu and we don;t need another shrimp as 3rd line center - or 4th line checker. we also have more than enough speedy undersized skill guys to play the wing..if he was to be moved there..
face it leaf fans, i know you think you ripped us with this one, but there was simply no room for him here...nor will there be next year with guys like d'agostini, maxwell, pacioretty, chipchura and stewart all ready to step in.

so good on you, glad we could help; hope he has a good career, and burke takes a liking to him

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
oh really mr. gainey and where does he play in montreal?

there are already 2, talented 21 year old wingers sitting in the stands with s. kostitsyn and latendresse. he's not better than pleks or koivu and we don;t need another shrimp as 3rd line center - or 4th line checker. we also have more than enough speedy undersized skill guys to play the wing..if he was to be moved there..
face it leaf fans, i know you think you ripped us with this one, but there was simply no room for him here...nor will there be next year with guys like d'agostini, maxwell, pacioretty, chipchura and stewart all ready to step in.

so good on you, glad we could help; hope he has a good career, and burke takes a liking to him
This man says it like it is, it was a good trade for Toronto and not bad for Montreal since they have too many promising forwards coming through the system anyway, but I don't see how Grabovski could fetch Gaborik or a top 10 first round pick in 2009. Grabovski is a very skilled player, but I doubt he would even be a 1st line center on most teams, and won't be the 1st line center on the leafs once Burke settles in and begins trading players. When you look at the 1st line centers around the league they are all franchise players or great overall players who can play extremely well in both zones and rack up points, and Grabovski's defensive game and occasional poor attitude do not warrant him to be a 1st line man. At this point, I'd say his value to the Leafs at this point is higher than anything the team will get in return, since he is still relatively unproven and is a restricted free agent to be.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote