HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist to Renney

Old
12-05-2008, 01:16 AM
levski87

vCash: 500
Lundqvist to Renney

What did Lundqvist say to Renney before the first intermission... It kind of seemed like "**** off with your ******** system, it doesn't work.. we need to play offense to win games"....

Renney had that smug face on where he was mad and shocked at the same time that Lundqvist was talking to him.

OR

Lundqvist told him not to put in Valiquette....

Any idea?

Also, theres rumor that Franchise players are able to get a coach axed ( see Lecavalier with the Melrose situation)... is it possible for Lundqvist to get Renney fired?

Last edited by levski87: 12-05-2008 at 01:24 AM.
levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:21 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I missed this moment, is their a clip of this anywhere? Youtube?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I missed this moment, is their a clip of this anywhere? Youtube?
Don't believe so. Sort of happened like this. Period ended, Lundqvist skated to the bench instead of the locker room and started *****ing at Renney. Renney just stared with this grim face as if "you're telling me how to do MY job?".

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:36 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Sorry but Renney needs to go. He's completely misusing his teams personnel. The great thing about a goalie like Lundqvist is that he allows your offense to take more chances on odd man rushes and breakouts. If you play a slow, sleepy, boring system without the right guys on the ice, it will be a real failure, just ask the Florida Panthers.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

From what i'm seeing from afar Lundqvist is a great goalie that seems to have a big head.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:45 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
From what i'm seeing from afar Lundqvist is a great goalie that seems to have a big head.
You could be right, but maybe it's his frustration knowing how likely he is to lose if he allows more than 2 goals, or even 2 goals.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:46 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I doubt it.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
You could be right, but maybe it's his frustration knowing how likely he is to lose if he allows more than 2 goals, or even 2 goals.
You may be right. I don't know..i'm just sensing a trend here. Of course when a team doesn't perform tempers flare so maybe that's just it and nothing more.

Old
12-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Well, what do you know? We've only watched every game of his the last three years.

Thx for the insight, though.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
What did Lundqvist say to Renney before the first intermission... It kind of seemed like "**** off with your ******** system, it doesn't work.. we need to play offense to win games"....
I'm sure that was it...

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Also, theres rumor that Franchise players are able to get a coach axed
What?

They have a special power or something...

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

not sure what he said to Renney, but Renney looked at best annoyed, and at worst downright angry. It wouldnt surprise me if he said something along the lines of "how about giving me some help over here?"

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:50 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
not sure what he said to Renney, but Renney looked at best annoyed, and at worst downright angry. It wouldnt surprise me if he said something along the lines of "how about giving me some help over here?"
In other words------ It's time to make a trade.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Well, what do you know? We've only watched every game of his the last three years.

Thx for the insight, though.
Well there was this fight wth Renney last night and him pulling himself out of a game...That's where I got the impression from.

Old
12-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Lundqvist also mentioned in his post game interview how this is a low scoring team.

I think you can go two ways on this, blame Renney for not using guys differently or blame Sather for not giviing Renney the proper pieces. I'm going with Slats who always just seems to take forever with his decision making or is just still waiting on Sundin which even though I want him here is plain stupid.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
I watched Happy Gilmore the other night for the first time in a few years...

Remember that scene where he's first putting on his first tourney and those guys are standing on the hill talking to one another about his crap putting? The guy turns towards his buddy and goes "Finally..."

Then Happy walks up the hill, acts like his friend and goes "I KNOW! I was trying to putt the ball in the hole and it just wouldnt go!" then punches him right in the face?

I'd love it if Lundqvist went THAT route with Renney, instead of actually getting mad... just say something like:

"Dude! Its totally ok that Im getting worked like this, because I know we'll somehow manage to score enough to get into the shutout, so, dont you worry, Tom, we're good."

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:36 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:

No he is a goalie who wants to win soo bad he feels the need to lash out at a coach who isnt using the players he has in the correct way.

I dont blame him, he along with Zherdev is the reason we even have a winning record, Its been said more than enough here but without Lundqvist we would be in deep ****.

Its not like we give him any room for error and i just think its telling on Hank so much that he felt the need to speak up, its not like Drury can really come out and say anything because his play has been mediocre.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
we lose a game and you want to fire the coach!
Come on....we are at best an average team with no scorers... we stand and fall with Lundy.
He is a leader and if he wants voice his views with the coach he has to pick his moments.
I am ok with that.

Place your blame at the door of Sather, for wasting too much money for too small a return. We spent too much money on guys who are not capable of delivery good value for money.

Renney is doing the best he can with what he's got.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 12-05-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 05:15 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
I guess anyone from Quebec would know a big headed goalie when they see one. You had one in Roy and pissed him off so much he bolted! You guys haven't one the big one since!

Lundqvist is very competitive. He hates to be scored on and hates even more to lose. Unlike Quebecios we will keep our big headed goalie!

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 06:16 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
I guess anyone from Quebec would know a big headed goalie when they see one. You had one in Roy and pissed him off so much he bolted! You guys haven't one the big one since!

Lundqvist is very competitive. He hates to be scored on and hates even more to lose. Unlike Quebecios we will keep our big headed goalie!
Not necessary...

Kimota, the past 3 years Lundqvist has been as quiet as a goalie could possibly be. The team is literally surviving on it's penalty kill, Nik Zherdev, himself, and the shootout to win games. It's about time he spoke up, to be honest.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 06:56 AM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Come on....we are at best an average team with no scorers... we stand and fall with Lundy.
He is a leader and if he wants voice his views with the coach he has to pick his moments.
I am ok with that.

Place your blame at the door of Sather, for wasting too much money for too small a return. We spent too much money on guys who are not capable of delivery good value for money.

Renney is doing the best he can with what he's got.
Pretty much dead on, the only 2 consistent things we've had this year is Lundqvist and Zherdev, the only 2 reasons we have the record we do. This team is a joke offensively and once they go down 2-0 there is not much hope to win the game.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Chimp

I think you're putting too much into it. I think Lundqvist skated up and collectively gave the entire team a lashing, not just Renney.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:00 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Its been more than 1 game. I wouldnt even say we are average. We either squeak out a win or fail miserably. We are just lucky its been more of the former than the latter. And dont be surprised if the losses start piling up.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:04 AM
The Thomas J.*

Sadly we will never know what was really said..........or WILL we? Stay Tuned.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Goalies should have a big head. They are the final line of survival in the game of hockey. I wouldn't want a goalie who thinks low of himself.

I used to think Lundqvist was a bit overrated, but that game actually proved to me he's easily Top 3 in the East. I don't know about how many other goalies wouldn't have given up 5 goals with that sort of pressure. Montreal came to play and New York, despite all of the tools to play, just didn't. If Lundqvist did mention a coaching strategy to Renney, it would be a good idea for him to listen. The Habs when playing like they did last night are easily top in the NHL, but that doesn't mean we should be dancing on the Rangers and stealing the puck every 5 seconds.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote