HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott-Tor

Old
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
alloneword

vCash: 500
Ott-Tor

There are leaf trade proposal after leaf trade proposal being posted one after another on here. No doubt because all leaf fans want everyone to hear what they want to say and non-leaf fans realize the team is rebuilding and can probably grab something during the fire sale. However I've yet to see a Leaf Sens thread. I mean yeah the battle of Ontario and all that stuff obviously make the idea preposterous...but...does it really? Both teams are struggling and both have pieces the others need. Burke is also I believe the last GM in the league to really give half a crap as to what the media and fans think about him. Well heres the proposal,

Toronto Cap room: 9.027 million
Tomas Kaberle- 4.25 million with two more years after this one on his contract

Ottawa Cap room: 3.037 million
Chris Neil - 1.2 million in the last year of his contract
Louie Caporusso- prospect
TBs 09 1st rounder pick

Ottawa NEEDS an offensive defencemen. They need a player like Kaberle to feed the three headed monster they have on forward. Some one to get their offence going. He is on the tradeing block right now and if he is willing to lift the no trade clause could be a very valuable commodity for any team. The fact that he still has two years on a very modest contract will have all GMS in the league drooling.

Toronto NEEDS some balls. Chris Neil is a tough gritty player who plays with his entire heart. He is the exact kind of player that Ron Wilson wants in his system. Bryan Burke wants a goon. I'd label Neil more of a pest but hey, beggers can't be choosers he is no push over and most importantly he doesnt smash players from behind into the boards immediately after being suspended for the exact same thing and can actually win a fight. *see Hollweg

Louie Caporusso is a 19 year old prospect drafted in the 3rd round a couple years ago. He's a Toronto boy currently at the University of Michigan where he is lighting it up. He leads his team in goals with 13 in 16 games and second on the team in points with a nice ppg (17 in 16). At 5'10 185 pounds he obviously isnt the biggest player in the world however his charmin soft hands and eye popping speed make up for his lack of strength. He has all the tools to become a skill player in this league one day he just needs to bulk up a bit and get some strong coaching. He is being looked at right now for team Canada.

The first round pick is what makes this deal do able for the leafs. I mean...Kaberle for Neil and a prospect I could have easily just made up is ridiculous. Ottawa has two picks in the 09 draft because of the Meszaros trade. So, as they aren't ready to pull the plug just yet one is definitely expendable.
Of coarse Tampa's is a very pretty pick to have given how terrible they are doing right now but it has to be theirs. Otherwise the trade isnt fair for Toronto's point of view (being a leaf fan I can vouch). Ottawa's pick right now looks good too though right? That'll change if they get Kaberle though. Ottawa's pick would almost definitely drop to at least 15th with the addition of an allstar defencemen to the team. Compared to Tampa's which I cant see dropping much lower then 5th.

Cap Room.
Now I'm sure your pulling up your calculators from your accessories on your computer or counted on your fingers or whatever that this deal leaves the Sens with I think its 0.012million cap room or something...Yeah thats under the cap but I'm aware being that tight its unlikely the Sens would ever pull the trigger on such a move with out doing something else for breathing space...so lets imagine they throw...I dunno Shean Donovan on waivers that gives them another 0.6million in Cap space.

The Leafs on the other hand give Burke all the more room to play around with for next season.

Alright there you have it. Alloneword's first proposal. So comment it up. Do be gentle

Edit* Alright evidentially It is not Tampas pick Ottawas has but San Jose's So obviously the trade looks stupid so lets switch the picks and completely contradict what I said Make it Neil Caporusso and Otts 1st for Kaberle

Last edited by alloneword: 12-05-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Because...im wrong
alloneword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Obama

Were going to need a better prospect

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Brycios

TB's draft pick is actually SJ's 1st

Brycios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
officeglen

I think Kaberle to the Sens could be a win-win, but not this proposal

As noted above, the Sens do not have TB's 1st, they, sadly, got SJ's 1st

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:46 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloneword View Post
There are leaf trade proposal after leaf trade proposal being posted one after another on here. No doubt because all leaf fans want everyone to hear what they want to say and non-leaf fans realize the team is rebuilding and can probably grab something during the fire sale. However I've yet to see a Leaf Sens thread. I mean yeah the battle of Ontario and all that stuff obviously make the idea preposterous...but...does it really? Both teams are struggling and both have pieces the others need. Burke is also I believe the last GM in the league to really give half a crap as to what the media and fans think about him. Well heres the proposal,

TBs 09 1st rounder pick

Ottawa NEEDS an offensive defencemen. They need a player like Kaberle to feed the three headed monster they have on forward. Some one to get their offence going. He is on the tradeing block right now and if he is willing to lift the no trade clause could be a very valuable commodity for any team. The fact that he still has two years on a very modest contract will have all GMS in the league drooling.

Toronto NEEDS some balls. Chris Neil is a tough gritty player who plays with his entire heart. He is the exact kind of player that Ron Wilson wants in his system. Bryan Burke wants a goon. I'd label Neil more of a pest but hey, beggers can't be choosers he is no push over and most importantly he doesnt smash players from behind into the boards immediately after being suspended for the exact same thing and can actually win a fight. *see Hollweg

Louie Caporusso is a 19 year old prospect drafted in the 3rd round a couple years ago. He's a Toronto boy currently at the University of Michigan where he is lighting it up. He leads his team in goals with 13 in 16 games and second on the team in points with a nice ppg (17 in 16). At 5'10 185 pounds he obviously isnt the biggest player in the world however his charmin soft hands and eye popping speed make up for his lack of strength. He has all the tools to become a skill player in this league one day he just needs to bulk up a bit and get some strong coaching. He is being looked at right now for team Canada.

The first round pick is what makes this deal do able for the leafs. I mean...Kaberle for Neil and a prospect I could have easily just made up is ridiculous. Ottawa has two picks in the 09 draft because of the Meszaros trade. So, as they aren't ready to pull the plug just yet one is definitely expendable.
Of coarse Tampa's is a very pretty pick to have given how terrible they are doing right now but it has to be theirs. Otherwise the trade isnt fair for Toronto's point of view (being a leaf fan I can vouch). Ottawa's pick right now looks good too though right? That'll change if they get Kaberle though. Ottawa's pick would almost definitely drop to at least 15th with the addition of an allstar defencemen to the team. Compared to Tampa's which I cant see dropping much lower then 5th.

Cap Room.
Now I'm sure your pulling up your calculators from your accessories on your computer or counted on your fingers or whatever that this deal leaves the Sens with I think its 0.012million cap room or something...Yeah thats under the cap but I'm aware being that tight its unlikely the Sens would ever pull the trigger on such a move with out doing something else for breathing space...so lets imagine they throw...I dunno Shean Donovan on waivers that gives them another 0.6million in Cap space.

The Leafs on the other hand give Burke all the more room to play around with for next season.

Alright there you have it. Alloneword's first proposal. So comment it up. Do be gentle

Ottawa doesn't have Tampa's 1st, they SJ's 1st

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

I'm pretty sure the pick coming from Tampa is from San Jose, via the Brian Boyle trade, wich will likely be 30th, which does not favour toronto so much,

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

No.

Neil is cursed by Ottawa fans themselves. I have no idea who that prospect is, and Ottawa doesnt have Tampa's own first pick, they have San Jose's.

Let me counter the offer.

To Ottawa : Tomas Kaberle

To Toronto : Mike Fisher

Last edited by Dark Knight: 12-05-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

sorry i type slow

Old
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

anybody else wanna be the 5th person to correct the original thread

Old
12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
The pick is actually Sj'd first

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
alloneword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycios View Post
TB's draft pick is actually SJ's 1st
Crap eh hahahahahhahahah well So much for what I thought a wicked proposal well Any other good ideas with Ottawa....clearly mine is not that hot.

alloneword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

seriously though, switch the picks to ottawas first
and I say its a go

Old
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Sure. Toronto doesn't have $9 million in cap space, and Ottawa doesn't have $3 million in cap space. For the Leafs, it's closer to $7.6 million; for Ottawa, it's closer to $3.4 million .... and since we're talking about cap space, we should really be talking about cap numbers and not salary - and Chris Neil's cap number is not $1.2 million; that's his salary - his cap number is $1.1 million.

And the trade would not leave Ottawa with "0.012million cap room" because they wouldn't pick up the full $4.25 million of Kaberle's cap hit - they'd only pick up the remaining portion of it, and they'd also retain the pro-rated portion of Neil's cap hit based on how long Neil has been on the roster at the time of the trade, and how long Kaberle will be on the roster going forward.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
and I say its a go
I can see ottawa trading there first pick and louie caporusso for kaberle.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Sure. Toronto doesn't have $9 million in cap space, and Ottawa doesn't have $3 million in cap space. For the Leafs, it's closer to $7.6 million; for Ottawa, it's closer to $3.4 million .... and since we're talking about cap space, we should really be talking about cap numbers and not salary - and Chris Neil's cap number is not $1.2 million; that's his salary - his cap number is $1.1 million.

Do the Sens really only have 3.4 million? On your site at hockeybuzz it says 3.2 million but Lee (1.275) is in the minors and Bell (0.5) is up. So shouldn't it be closer to 4.1?

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Playing Neil 6 times a year wearing Blue would be awful.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:06 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post

And the trade would not leave Ottawa with "0.012million cap room" because they wouldn't pick up the full $4.25 million of Kaberle's cap hit - they'd only pick up the remaining portion of it, and they'd also retain the pro-rated portion of Neil's cap hit based on how long Neil has been on the roster at the time of the trade, and how long Kaberle will be on the roster going forward.
seriously dude do you just cruise the threads to see who you can try and correct and ridicule, you don't think his numbers are good enough for a fan to make a proposal that may never happen anyway

Old
12-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Pringles

they are not waiving donovan who just got promoted to the 2nd line

If they go for Kaberle I would think Brian Lee would be the center peice.

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:12 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloneword View Post

TBs 09 1st rounder pick

Cap Room.

Sorry. If you wanted Kabs, you'd have to part with Vermette, Foligno and a 1st. We'll throw in White if you throw in Schubert.

Done and done.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens fan in Toronto View Post
they are not waiving donovan who just got promoted to the 2nd line

If they go for Kaberle I would think Brian Lee would be the center peice.
It would be Lee + SJ's 1st + ?, where ? is complex since the Sens need to move salary

Old
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Sorry. If you wanted Kabs, you'd have to part with Vermette, Foligno and a 1st. We'll throw in White if you throw in Schubert.

Done and done.
I'll gladly take Fisher off their hands. I know how good that player can be. He's a Burke type player.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
I'll gladly take Fisher off their hands. I know how good that player can be. He's a Burke type player.
Fisher is interesting in that he should move - for his best interest as well as the Sens - he would return to form with a fresh start elsewhere, and you're right (your rite in board lingo), he is a Burke type player, but perhaps not at the salary Burke would like.

If the players agree to a move, Fisher and SJ's 1st for K?

Old
12-05-2008, 10:23 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
Fisher is interesting in that he should move - for his best interest as well as the Sens - he would return to form with a fresh start elsewhere, and you're right (your rite in board lingo), he is a Burke type player, but perhaps not at the salary Burke would like.

If the players agree to a move, Fisher and SJ's 1st for K?
No, Fisher isn't going anywhere... definitely not the Leafs. But if it were for Kaberle, Leafs would have to add Stajan and a 1st.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:23 AM
bang bang

Quote:
and I say its a go
i agree

bang bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
No, Fisher isn't going anywhere... definitely not the Leafs. But if it were for Kaberle, Leafs would have to add Stajan and a 1st.
so your saying fisher and the 30th overall for kabs, stajan (whos better than fisher this year) and maybe a top 5 pick.
i dont even know how to properly shoot that down. thats just terrible