HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Rank the D

Old
12-08-2008, 06:18 AM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Psst, if one guy gets injured and your defense becomes much worse for for it, your defense is not that good.
If we lost Timonen our D would be vastly affected.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:22 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Probably, but I didn't proclaim that our defense was at the top of the league.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:01 AM
XS Chop

Quote:
Our whole team would still be vastly effected by the loss of Timonen. Brings up giving some credit to Homer though, I think we'd be much less effected this year than last. At least we have a few other guys back there that can get the puck out of our zone and even set up a rush now. That said, losing Timonen for an extended period would still be devistating to this team.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Probably, but I didn't proclaim that our defense was at the top of the league.
I guess his point was that their defense is doing pretty well this year, without a top 2 guy. I think his point would be easier to agree with, without the douchebaggery.

He's smug, I probably wouldn't agree with him either, but I don't know if we would have the same bragging rights.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
rban*

Quote:
Psst, if one guy gets injured and your defense becomes much worse for for it, your defense is not that good.
Psstt, let's have Pronger injured for a long time and see how well Anaheim does.

Let's delete Lidstrom from Wings and see how they repeat this year.

It's simply not fair to judge a team's defense with one of their top Dmen injured.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
rban*

Quote:
I guess his point was that their defense is doing pretty well this year, without a top 2 guy. I think his point would be easier to agree with, without the douchebaggery.

He's smug, I probably wouldn't agree with him either, but I don't know if we would have the same bragging rights.
BTW I am not a Habs fan but I do think their defense is tops in the East. Pens can give them somewhat of a run for their money when Gonchar comes back from injury, but still I think overall Mtl defense is the best in the east.

I prefer Philly and want Philly to win in the East, but they are going to have problems with both Mtl and Pittsburgh if they meet em in the playoffs.

Other teams probably wont give Philly much problem. Best result would be Mtl and Pitts meeting each other before Philly and wearing each other out.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
It's simply not fair to judge a team's defense with one of their top Dmen injured.
I believe it's more unfair to other teams to judge the current state of the defence of a different team by including the hypothetical value of a player that currently doesn't play on it.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote