Notices

Adam Pardy

Old
12-06-2008, 01:06 AM
colinstead

vCash: 500
Adam Pardy

Hey guys,
whats your view on adam pardy so far. how is he playing...

colinstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Noori

vCash: 755
Thought he was pretty bad in his first few games. He's been pretty solid since. He played really well tonight.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Abonics

For the most part he has been a reliable option on the bottom pairing. No more, no less. His lateral movement could use some work, as could his first pass. He has done well though at closing down opposition forwards as they enter the zone. He still has lots of room for development, and he is already a useful player.

Abonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:17 AM
kruezer

I haven't minded him, he could be ready for a full time #6 role next year potentially if he keeps improving.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:27 AM
GoFlames

I think he had serious stage fright at first then once he settled in he has become pretty decent. It seems he is getting stronger daily which is great. I also would like to see Ryan Wilson. By the sounds of it Wilson is doing well. Any feedback on Wilson PIM King?

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Wpg Jets Fan

seems like we will have several good young dman coming up the ranks the next few years

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Noori

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
seems like we will have several good young dman coming up the ranks the next few years
No kidding.

Pardy, Pelech, Wilson, Negin, Phaneuf, Giordano are all defensemen under 25. Don't forget Sarich and Regehr both have pretty lengthy contracts as well. Our defense will look pretty interesting in 2-3 years.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Lunatik*

At first I was dead against him being here... I still believe he is here for the wrong reasons and never earned his roster spot... YET... after a shakey first few games he is looking better... he still needs to work on his skating (especially hard turns because god knows he can't stay upright when he does)... but he is effective with his body and starting to look better with the puck... I think he is more effective as the #7 guy right now... but he is looking like a good injury replacement at the moment... he could be top 6 ready next season if he continues to improve... which will be ideal since Giordano could be top 4 ready with how he is improving too

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
No kidding.

Pardy, Pelech, Wilson, Negin, Phaneuf, Giordano are all defensemen under 25. Don't forget Sarich and Regehr both have pretty lengthy contracts as well. Our defense will look pretty interesting in 2-3 years.
Vandermeer has 2 more years as well after this year and he has looked very solid this year too... he is also only 28... but I agree about our defense... its good, young and locked up for a while...

Phaneuf (23 with 5 more years left), Regehr (28 with 4 more years left), Sarich (30 with 3 more years left), Vandermeer (28 with 2 more years left), Giordano (25 with 2 more years left)... we also have Negrin, Aulie and Brodie who are in juniors and have not lost any time off their ELC's

Old
12-06-2008, 05:05 AM
jeremywilhelm

pardy seriously made some strong moves in the game against st. louis tonight. Like puck handling moves under pressure where i thought it was a for sure turn over, and blam, deked the pants off of someone to get it out of the zone. He gets his consistency down, and his foot speed up and hes gonna be great!

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
I think he had serious stage fright at first then once he settled in he has become pretty decent. It seems he is getting stronger daily which is great. I also would like to see Ryan Wilson. By the sounds of it Wilson is doing well. Any feedback on Wilson PIM King?
I doubt that Wilson would be the first call up even with sutters praises.

Pelech will get the call if someone is hurt. Now if Gio goes down I could see wilson because he fits the role of gio more than Pelech and Pelech is more of a slower mean dirty type defenseman.

Pardy is a clean guy makes good decsions (last years thoughts) but he is slow so to make up for the speed he can not take chances on jumping a play or pinching. You got to remember that the NHL is alot faster than the AHL and He probably is still getting use to the speed.

Besides sutter wants him to play so that there is 2 Players from Bonavista NL in the nhl now lol (michael Ryder being the other player)

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 08:31 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
He's looking better each and every game. Great position guy who knows where he is supposed to be. Not the fastest guy, but he isn't getting blown away. Looks more comfortable out there and is turning into a good number 6 guy. Would like to see him shoot more as he has a pretty good shot.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:02 PM
GoFlames

This is all positive heh? I seem to remember some lamenting in the summer about how the Flames D prospect cupboard was bare. If these guys keep progressing that should be quite different. I think that after several years Sutters finger prints are starting to show all over these teams (baby and senior Flames)... maybe not but the situation is MUCH better that isw for sure.

Old
12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Murn

I would keep Pardy up even when Vandy comes back. Vandy provides toughness and that is it, actually our team has been more disciplened with him out. We get rid of Aucoin in the offseason and use that money to sign a well rounded number 4-5 D and our defense looks great.

Murn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
cross16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
This is all positive heh? I seem to remember some lamenting in the summer about how the Flames D prospect cupboard was bare. If these guys keep progressing that should be quite different. I think that after several years Sutters finger prints are starting to show all over these teams (baby and senior Flames)... maybe not but the situation is MUCH better that isw for sure.
I"ve been arguing with many people for some time that the Flames were ok in their prospect pool and people should stop panicking. Problem is, IMO, that so many people want prospects who are these blue chipers that you ready about, and miss that Sutter just looks for hockey players. They take longer yes, but when they get there you have more depth. Thats whats happening now.

I don't mind Pardy. He has been ok and realiable as a bottom pairing guy. His skating could use work but he'll be a reliable depth option for the flames, but I don't see him going above the 6th or 7th spot.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
jeremywilhelm

another great night by Pardy. Kid gets better every game. Its actually quite impressive.

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:23 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
another great night by Pardy. Kid gets better every game. Its actually quite impressive.
PLus one on that as well... the guy is starting to turn heads.... there is a sudden "depth" of prospects that can step in which we have not seen in eons...

Old
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
This guys puck moving ability surprises me. Same with sarich for some reason. Last year, Sarich could not do that and will usually just dump the puck 80% of the time when he was pressured.

I really like the Pardy-Sarich pairing.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
DownInFlames

When Pardy played his first few games I was a little taken back by the immaturity in his game. But within the last few he's made me eat my hat. He has been playing over his head. He looks like a viable option to be a #5 guy on this team. I feel more comfortable when Pardy is on the ice than when Aucoin is out there. Some people here knock on Pardy's foot speed and I don't think its that bad. I am really impressed with the development and the steps this kid is making. If we can get Pelech up here next year and have him displaying the same development I think the Flames backend is going to be a strong one. I hope the development keeps on progressing.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
At first I was dead against him being here... I still believe he is here for the wrong reasons and never earned his roster spot...
you wanted him to be put on waivers?

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck_08 View Post
you wanted him to be put on waivers?
i didn't (and still don't) think he would have been claimed... so yeah I did want him demoted... there were better players than him clearing waivers

Old
12-09-2008, 03:59 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i didn't (and still don't) think he would have been claimed... so yeah I did want him demoted... there were better players than him clearing waivers
That is true, but it's kind of a big risk to take for no reason when the 7th D-man spot is open..

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck_08 View Post
That is true, but it's kind of a big risk to take for no reason when the 7th D-man spot is open..
is it that biog of a risk with Pelech, Negrin, Aulie, Wilson, Broadie & Co. all waiting in the wings?

Old
12-28-2008, 09:31 AM
debil

Pardy did well against sens. It will be interesting to watch him in the future. He has the potential to become regular top6 dman. Moreover, he's big.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2008, 10:53 AM
OffTheCrossBar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
No kidding.

dont forget about Aulie who is 6'6 230lbs and playing for Team Canada at the World Juniors. He looks to be really good as well.

OffTheCrossBar* is offline   Reply With Quote