HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/6/08 "Hibernation" - Bruins VS. Panthers

View Poll Results: Who will win the game?
Panthers 9 26.47%
Bruins 25 73.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
This is one of those games where I can tell we're not going to score a goal. We're making Fernandez look like Brodeur.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
This is one of those games where I can tell we're not going to score a goal. We're making Fernandez look like Brodeur.
yeah, no... disagree. haven't really been able to establish the type of game that's made us successful of late but if you look at the stats, they're hanging in there. every line has had a good shift or two. if they can get one break here and get the next goal, they'll be right back in it. just need to get to net...

Old
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
No energy tonight, and its disappointing. Hopefully we can get something going in the third. I will say Boston has looked better than most teams we have seen this season. They are quite good.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:52 PM
jal2155

What vision Frolik has ...

Old
12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
No energy tonight, and its disappointing. Hopefully we can get something going in the third. I will say Boston has looked better than most teams we have seen this season. They are quite good.
i don't really see it that way. boston has been very good at moving the puck and short circuiting our forecheck. guys have been hustling and throwing their weight around when they've had the chance, though. just need better execution in our end and need to force the play to the net.

.... well, nevermind. that probably does it

ps - that chance jay had probably was the one we needed. dammit.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:03 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
yeah, no... disagree. haven't really been able to establish the type of game that's made us successful of late but if you look at the stats, they're hanging in there. every line has had a good shift or two. if they can get one break here and get the next goal, they'll be right back in it. just need to get to net...
Never said we were playing bad.

Things just aren't going are way. We AREN'T getting those bounces and Boston is. The hustle is there but our talent level just isn't even close to Boston's with all our injuries.

It's a shame we had to face such a good team once this streak got going. I hope it doesn't hurt our confidence but it probably will.

Well how the hell is that not a call on Bergeron? He just PLOWED into Andy!!

Old
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Did T-Vo get new pads?!?!?!

Old
12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Man Tarnasky killed it on that shift! We just can't get those bounces

Old
12-06-2008, 08:10 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Ummm...where Was The Holding Call On That Last Play??? Sprukts Or Matty Was Clearly Being Held In Front Of The Ref!

Old
12-06-2008, 08:12 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

BS ref'd game tonight. Totally one sided, pathetic. Its bad enough that we didnt come to play tonight, and it certainly doesnt help when the calls are total shyte.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Biggzy*

Only watched about half of the game. The refs were awful. The tripping call on Ballard was an absolute joke.

Sprukts was completely terrible. I don't know how he even made it to the AHL. We really need to get some guys back from injury.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
Never said we were playing bad.

Things just aren't going are way. We AREN'T getting those bounces and Boston is. The hustle is there but our talent level just isn't even close to Boston's with all our injuries.
well, yeah, then i'd agree. clearly we needed to execute (notice how the forecheck finally appeared when we were able to get the puck in deep quickly?) a break or two and not get screwed by the refs and got none of the above. the effort was there, though.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

We didnt have 5 top 6 players... It's gotta catch up sometime...

Old
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Only watched about half of the game. The refs were awful. The tripping call on Ballard was an absolute joke.

Sprukts was completely terrible. I don't know how he even made it to the AHL. We really need to get some guys back from injury.
yeah, the call on ballard was awful but i thought sprukts showed some signs he could be effective in this system. he's pretty strong on the wall and was good as the 2nd man in. he created a couple of chances, one which almost connected. in the end, it wasn't close to being enough to make up for the loss of booth and olesz but he wasn't terrible, imo.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:47 PM
VirtualSpree

Well, just got back from the game... disappointing. But, is Andy okay? It was pretty scary to see him not moving under the net.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Guys, it's not so much lack of effort or hard skating--did you notice how quickly and efficiently Boston moved the puck? They're a very impressive team and they belong to be where they are in the standings.

We're banged up and we were outclassed. But one thing I was happy about--the team kept working to the end.

Does Weiss have the flu? He seemed very slow tonight and coughing up the puck for the bad goal like that seems quite uncharacteristic.

And tell me something. I'm relatively new to the board--but what is it with McLean? Obviously the coach sees something in him that I don't, otherwise he wouldn't put him on the first line. But...I just don't see it. What am I missing?

Old
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
yeah, the call on ballard was awful but i thought sprukts showed some signs he could be effective in this system. he's pretty strong on the wall and was good as the 2nd man in. he created a couple of chances, one which almost connected. in the end, it wasn't close to being enough to make up for the loss of booth and olesz but he wasn't terrible, imo.
Yeah I was hoping he wasn't as bad as I saw. But I only watched pieces of the game. I really only saw him in the first period and he just looked either super slow or as if he weren't trying. I'm glad he showed more though.

And what happened to Olesz now. Right when I turned the game on, they were saying something like he wasn't in the lineup tonight but I couldn't remember why. Maybe they said it was a groin pull.

How'd McArdle look? I saw him on a few shifts but he didn't really jump out at me.

Old
12-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

We didn't play like we've played the last few games but I'm fine because I went into this game just hoping for OT and a point since we were playing the Bruins who are one of the top teams in the east.

Had fun with Laus723, Panthers-Rock & Ratmanfu all here to watch the game. We had a blast and talked alot of hockey. Although we lost the game we were still able to enjoy ourselves. Hope we can all get together again soon.

Old
12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
4cefed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
Well, just got back from the game... disappointing. But, is Andy okay? It was pretty scary to see him not moving under the net.
That was kind of scary to watch. Looking at the replay I think Bergeron was anticipating a hit from that defenceman that was on him. Looks like he cut in at the last second and lost an edge because he was on his right knee as he slid in to Anderson. I hope the guy is OK. That's kind of an uncharacteristic move from Patrice, he always commits and plays hard, but that had to have been a total accident.

Sorry to interrupt a good points streak, stinks having to play with so many top guys down. We dealt with that all last year and I know it's frustrating. Just think about how the team will be when you get some of those guys back healthy. Peace til next time.

Old
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Anderson is fine. So fine, in fact, that DeBoer is starting him in Ottawa, per George Richard's blog. I cannot express how much I disagree with that decision. Vokoun seems to be getting shafted for no reason.

Old
12-07-2008, 12:45 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
God, Pelts looks like one of the geeks from that kinda old show, "Freaks and Geeks." He definitely doesnt look like a hockey player there lol.
Freaks and Geeks...one of my fav shows all time
Nice reference I guess.

Old
12-07-2008, 01:22 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
i don't really see it that way. boston has been very good at moving the puck and short circuiting our forecheck. guys have been hustling and throwing their weight around when they've had the chance, though. just need better execution in our end and need to force the play to the net.

.... well, nevermind. that probably does it

ps - that chance jay had probably was the one we needed. dammit.

I agree. Plus, we played one of the best teams in the league and not enough firepower up front with all the injuries finally caught up to us,expected.

Old
12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post

Wow I don't agree with your post at all.

When Ballard had his leg out? Maybe he should have kept it in.
Sprukts had a couple of solid shifts , good puck possession on those shifts too...he tried to be a little fancy couple times too

Old
12-07-2008, 01:38 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
We didn't play like we've played the last few games but I'm fine because I went into this game just hoping for OT and a point since we were playing the Bruins who are one of the top teams in the east.

Had fun with Laus723, Panthers-Rock & Ratmanfu all here to watch the game. We had a blast and talked alot of hockey. Although we lost the game we were still able to enjoy ourselves. Hope we can all get together again soon.
OT : Is this a friendship made through HF. Boards? I always read that you guys meet up to watch the games.

Old
12-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Anderson is fine. So fine, in fact, that DeBoer is starting him in Ottawa, per George Richard's blog. I cannot express how much I disagree with that decision. Vokoun seems to be getting shafted for no reason.
You're going to have to deal with the fact that Deboer considers Anderson the number one goalie now and he will now have to play himself out of that role, one loss to a superior team does not constitute that, just as Vokoun played himself out of the number one job. Deboer is sending a message to the team that salaries and contracts don't matter to him, only production on the ice and a major indication of that production for a goalie is does he enable you to win games. Compare the won/loss records of the two and it isn't close.

Closed Thread