HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luke Schenn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2009, 09:11 PM
  #226
kule41
Registered User
 
kule41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
His value is a top 5 pick in this draft. He is playing well this year but you've got to be kidding me if people are putting him on daughty's level.
Whats to kid about?

doughty and schenn were probably the the two best d-men drafted last year and they both seem to be equal in terms of potential.

kule41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:15 PM
  #227
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuli41 View Post
Whats to kid about?

doughty and schenn were probably the the two best d-men drafted last year and they both seem to be equal in terms of potential.
This is where I dont agree with you, Doughty has an elite scoring defensemen written all over him while Schenn is more of a defensive shutdown guy who can probably chip in about 35 points in his prime

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
  #228
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
He didnt literally mean 10 first rounders, point was if he gets something he cant deny then hes going to take it, some people have no real common sense on here..Usually its a misconception on this end.
Pretty ironic coming from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuli41 View Post
Whats to kid about?

doughty and schenn were probably the the two best d-men drafted last year and they both seem to be equal in terms of potential.
no

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
  #229
GetPucksDeep
Registered User
 
GetPucksDeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the other Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
Bogosian > Schenn

GetPucksDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
  #230
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Pretty ironic coming from you.



no
Ironic? I've only stated the facts.. Nice attempted comeback though A for effort

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
  #231
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
Ironic? I've only stated the facts.. Nice attempted comeback though A for effort
The subject was common sense. I am implying that you lack it.

I think you may have confused fact with opinion.

You stated that it was in your opinion that I was trying to boost my post totals. If you look at how many posts I've had, and how long I've been a member, you would see that your claim is silly.

You've fallen for my obvious troll posts numerous times.. indicating that you lack common sense.

You're trying to somehow justify a dumb statement by Burke, solidifying that you lack common sense.

You won't give your input on the argument, citing only the dumb actions/quotes by Burke.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
  #232
mattystajan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
His value is a top 5 pick in this draft. He is playing well this year but you've got to be kidding me if people are putting him on daughty's level.
Burke was offered that and denied it saying why would he take a pick who has to wait when he has an 18 year old playing 22 minutes already so it will take alot omre

mattystajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:29 PM
  #233
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattystajan View Post
Burke was offered that and denied it saying why would he take a pick who has to wait when he has an 18 year old playing 22 minutes already so it will take alot omre
He's 19... he's been 19 since a month into the season.

Just because he denied the trade doesn't mean that Schenn is worth any more than a top 5 pick. He's certainly not worth Tavares or Hedman.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
  #234
Leafidelity
Compete Level
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,511
vCash: 1775
Here we have an unusual specimen; the 90's expansion team troll. All the sass, half the facts. Most hockey info learned from Peter Puck.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
  #235
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Here we have a familiar specimen; the 42 years bitter Leafs troll. All the angst, stretching all the facts. Most hockey info learned from Don Cherry.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:11 PM
  #236
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
The subject was common sense. I am implying that you lack it.

I think you may have confused fact with opinion.

You stated that it was in your opinion that I was trying to boost my post totals. If you look at how many posts I've had, and how long I've been a member, you would see that your claim is silly.

You've fallen for my obvious troll posts numerous times.. indicating that you lack common sense.

You're trying to somehow justify a dumb statement by Burke, solidifying that you lack common sense.

You won't give your input on the argument, citing only the dumb actions/quotes by Burke.
If you don't state the facts you dont have anything..My imput on the argument? You have no idea what your talking about clearly you have no common sense to figure that one out sherlock..I think you've dug yourself so deep here that you have nothing to comeback with, I've stated all the facts what have you done? Clearly opinionated arguments rather then placing your money on something that you know. I'm not justifying a dumb statement the intent is clearly shown, if he gets a standout offer hes gone..

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
  #237
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
If you don't state the facts you dont have anything..My imput on the argument? You have no idea what your talking about clearly you have no common sense to figure that one out sherlock..I think you've dug yourself so deep here that you have nothing to comeback with, I've stated all the facts what have you done? Clearly opinionated arguments rather then placing your money on something that you know. I'm not justifying a dumb statement the intent is clearly shown, if he gets a standout offer hes gone..

Just like the rest of the thread, good job at paying attention to only 20% of my post. I guess you really can't follow.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:17 PM
  #238
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Just like the rest of the thread, good job at paying attention to only 20% of my post. I guess you really can't follow.
I've looked at all the posts you haven't said one thing logical, clearly you have no idea how to judge young talent

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
  #239
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
You've fallen for my obvious troll posts numerous times.. indicating that you lack common sense.
I think most people were just confused by your "troll posts". This was because they made no sense, on any level.

This is a much bigger failing than a lack of common sense.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
  #240
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
I've looked at all the posts you haven't said one thing logical, clearly you have no idea how to judge young talent
Oh really?

So I'm wrong when I say Schenn isn't worth as much as Leafs fans said he is? Are you saying he's worth Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin?

Are you also saying that my comparison to a less offensively sound version of Vlasic is also illogical? Elaborate.

Clearly you're overvaluing your team's player. Just accept it, and get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I think most people were just confused by your "troll posts". This was because they made no sense, on any level.

This is a much bigger failing than a lack of common sense.
Everyone who doesn't value Schenn as much as you in this thread is "lacking common sense". That's just the plain truth.

Keep on saying it doesn't make sense, it isn't logical. It only makes you seem less intelligent, and more lost in this debate.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:28 PM
  #241
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Oh really?

So I'm wrong when I say Schenn isn't worth as much as Leafs fans said he is? Are you saying he's worth Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin?

Are you also saying that my comparison to a less offensively sound version of Vlasic is also illogical? Elaborate.

Clearly you're overvaluing your team's player. Just accept it, and get over it.
See, you're bringing your A game now. This is world class trolling.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
  #242
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
So we all agree he's worth a 2nd round pick?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:32 PM
  #243
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
So we all agree he's worth a 2nd round pick?
Maybe a 3rd because of his injuries.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:37 PM
  #244
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
So we all agree he's worth a 2nd round pick?
Nah, Schenn is obviously overrated Leaf garbage that will never amount to anything. A 5th at most.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
  #245
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
See, you're bringing your A game now. This is world class trolling.
I've always been world class.

It's a good trolling technique to predict Schenn's peak to be a less talented Vlasic. Even though it's probably true, people like you don't like to hear such "blasphemy"... making it a fantastic trolling method.

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
  #246
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Oh really?

So I'm wrong when I say Schenn isn't worth as much as Leafs fans said he is? Are you saying he's worth Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin?

Are you also saying that my comparison to a less offensively sound version of Vlasic is also illogical? Elaborate.

Clearly you're overvaluing your team's player. Just accept it, and get over it.
Are you actually claiming that I said he's better then any of the top 3 players in the league, are you under the influence of some j-birds? I'm saying he is definitley worth more then a top 15 pick, when you say "Anyway, I can't help but think that Schenn isn't anything special. I certainly haven't seen any flashes of brilliance", then your totally incorrect. Thus questioning your facts presented as opinionated. I never said anything about the Vlasic comparison clearly you havent read about 20% of my posts.. The Vlasic comparison is probably the best one as of now as both play a defensive sound game but one can produce right now and the other one is just learning the game. Im not over rating Schenn by any means, I didn't shell out any possible returns only saying that he is worth a top 5 pick which is a fact. You can deny it all you want, in the end all you have is your facts presented.. Ive seen no logical ones from you other then a comparision which many could differ from our opinions..

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
  #247
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
I've always been world class.

It's a good trolling technique to predict Schenn's peak to be a less talented Vlasic. Even though it's probably true, people like you don't like to hear such "blasphemy"... making it a fantastic trolling method.
I don't really have a history in this thread, but whatever.

Seriously though, Vlasic and Schenn are like apples and oranges. They don't play the same game at all. I wouldn't take offence at that statement, I'd just be confused, because they aren't at all similar. If you said a less talented Adam Foote I'd at least understand where you were coming from.

Although the fact that the comparison makes no sense also makes it a good trolling technique. So yes, you're right about that.

Edit: And I'm a huge fan of Vlasic's actually. I only wish we had a young D with his offensive upside.


Last edited by grabo84: 02-18-2009 at 11:49 PM.
grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:46 PM
  #248
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
Are you actually claiming that I said he's better then any of the top 3 players in the league, are you under the influence of some j-birds? I'm saying he is definitley worth more then a top 15 pick, when you say "Anyway, I can't help but think that Schenn isn't anything special. I certainly haven't seen any flashes of brilliance", then your totally incorrect. Thus questioning your facts presented as opinionated. I never said anything about the Vlasic comparison clearly you havent read about 20% of my posts.. The Vlasic comparison is probably the best one as of now as both play a defensive sound game but one can produce right now and the other one is just learning the game. Im not over rating Schenn by any means, I didn't shell out any possible returns only saying that he is worth a top 5 pick which is a fact. You can deny it all you want, in the end all you have is your facts presented.. Ive seen no logical ones from you other then a comparision which many could differ from our opinions..
Come on buddy. Don't tell me you're going to fall for the same troll post three times in the same thread.

I've already posted contradicting statements in this thread.. (which you have chosen to ignore) implying that I think Schenn is pretty talented.. just not as talented as the majority of people in this thread think he is.

Logical logical logical logical logical

SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
  #249
Man Hole Inspector*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Come on buddy. Don't tell me you're going to fall for the same troll post three times in the same thread.

I've already posted contradicting statements in this thread.. (which you have chosen to ignore) implying that I think Schenn is pretty talented.. just not as talented as the majority of people in this thread think he is.

Logical logical logical logical logical
Reading your posts is like trying to decipher one of Rosie O'Donnell's rolls im soo confused

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
  #250
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
I've always been world class.

It's a good trolling technique to predict Schenn's peak to be a less talented Vlasic. Even though it's probably true, people like you don't like to hear such "blasphemy"... making it a fantastic trolling method.
Id like to see through your crystal ball

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.