HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #30 - 12.7.08 | Calgary Flames @ NY Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

vCash: 500
ANd even though I like the guy, where is our ****ing captain to step up and slap some ****ing sense into this team, even his play on the ice is nothing but uninspired

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
ThisYearsModel

Nice stop on that third one, Hank. 20 shots, 3 goals. You GAA and save % is going in the toilet. Nice job on D, Iginla could have had a drink before putting the puck in untouched. Gomez was putrid in this game. The backchecking was horrible in the 2nd half of the game. I wasted 2.5 hours watching this garbage, but at lease I didn't pay to witness this crap in person. This team NEEDS Sundin. Not getting him is no longer an option.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
thewaitingisover

what a bunch of pitiful players.

sans zherdev, naslund, lundqvist (sometimes), callahan (because he's the only one on the team who ever hits anyone), and staal, trade the whole ****ing team.

most shorthanded goals against, a ton of overrated and overpaid players, shut out twice in 4 games at home. from a 5-0 start to this ********.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
You should ask yourself that question. It's the players 90% if not more. How come when this team plays the system the right way they win? You guys try and blame Renney and the system when the reason teams have been killing us lately is because of BREAKDOWNS all over the ice. Odd man rushes, turnovers, etc. THIS IS DIRECTLY THE FAULT OF THE PLAYERS. So Gomez, Drury, Zherdev, whomever, all get the proprs and apprecaition threads when they play well, but when they don't it's the systems fault? Right.
They have zero confidence right now, which is primarily the coaches fault I'd say.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
jniklast

consecutive being shut out at home, losing three in a row being outscored 13-2 in the last 3 games... yup i'm also down on getting rid of renney

edit: whoops completely forgot the pens game, nvm, still fire renney!

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
segmentation fault

No. Shutup. This isnt the players fault. Just shutup. 3 years, 3 different teams, same result. Shut. Up.

I will agree that Drury wasnt the captain we thought he would be, and that Gomez was an idiot this game, but thats about it.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Tavares?
YES PLEASE.

I said from the beginning this would be a tough year. I would not mind a tank job for the rest of the season to land a guy like Duchene, MSP, or Schroeder.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
please, it's not even funny anymore
we need either Kovaluchuk, Gaborik, Sundin.... I don't care who
It's not just the players.

They need to be given a plan on what they should be doing when they have the puck as a team. A simple, basic, fundamental idea.

I'm pretty convinced Renney gives them none. He seems to basically let them freelance and hopes for cohesion. But the NHL doesn't operate like that anymore and either he needs to wake up about it or be one of the people replaced.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
storm fan

what was renny doing changing the lines the entire 3rd period? The team looked terrible didn't even have the right number of players on the ice probably because they didn't know who Renny wanted to go on the ice next that's pitiful

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
lbrowne

I can't believe on that beautiful late rush Gomer didn't shoot. It was evident that we were probably not going to come back but that was the nail in the coffin.

The team has turned into much more defense when we should actually be playing on wide open run and gun tactics. (we have the players to do it)

I like Tom Renney but I think he should be kept in the organization for player development etc. They're getting so frustrating to watch.

One of the worse things to do when the game is still within reach is start messing with lines, whatever chemistry you may have had just went out the window.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Agreed Sather needs to do something and now, the team is lifeless, lacks an identity, and did I mention can't score!? Oh the sky's falling.....yes it is this team will not make the playoffs right now. And for those who say oh I wasn't planning on the team making a run this year, then why the **** did we sign Way Deadened? Absolute joke this team is, Gomez has been crap for a while now, Drury is invisible, Dubinsky has disappeared since October, Voros is the new Hollweg just takes stupid penalties. Callahan has no offensive creativity at all whatsoever, Krapeedo is overrated by the people on here, playing with Drury and Gomez he has done nothing! Send him down! This team cannot score and it cannot recover like most other teams when it makes a bad play. From top to bottom this team is crap, and watching the Devils go into Montreal and win makes me even sicker, Scott ******* Clemmensen stymies them? Renney gets blame here, but he runs a defense first system because we have crap on offense and the only way we win games is low scoring games and shoot outs. Right now the shoot out is our best friend, with out that our record would be even worse. I am so aggravated right now

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
brettholmesx

last year everyone loved gomez and why? oh because he put up numbers, but look who he played with most of the year guys like shanahan and jagr who scored over 600 goals in their careers. now he isnt putting up numbers and he sucks? let me ask you people something how is he supposed to put up numbers while playing with people like korpioski, prucha, callahan, etc.? ppl that are not prooven finishers..

just a question
if anyone has an answer let me know.

brettholmesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaitingisover View Post
what a bunch of pitiful players.

sans zherdev, naslund, lundqvist (sometimes), callahan (because he's the only one on the team who ever hits anyone), and staal, trade the whole ****ing team.

most shorthanded goals against, a ton of overrated and overpaid players, shut out twice in 4 games at home. from a 5-0 start to this ********.
I didn't mind the Naslund signing and I can't say I want the guy out, but what exactly does this guy do when he's not scoring goals? (which isn't enough of the time anyway)

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
ThisYearsModel

No way Renney is going anywhere unless the Rangers miss the playoffs, and perhaps not even then. Sather is loyal to his guys. That will not stop. Remember, Slats knows more about hockey than anyone else.....just ask him. The Drury, Gomez, Redden and Rozie signings were well worth it and brilliant foresight by Slats.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
please, it's not even funny anymore
we need either Kovaluchuk, Gaborik, Sundin.... I don't care who
with this coaching staff we need all 3 lol the way things are lookin

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
the rangers are playing pre-lockout hockey when it has been ripped apart and is easily taken advantage of by teams playing post-lockout hockey.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:56 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
No. Shutup. This isnt the players fault. Just shutup. 3 years, 3 different teams, same result. Shut. Up.

I will agree that Drury wasnt the captain we thought he would be, and that Gomez was an idiot this game, but thats about it.
Team picked to finish dead last that should've won the division and still ended up making tha playoffs. Team that was 7.7 seconds away from taking a 3-2 lead over Buffalo in the conference semis....team that realistically had a great chance to beat the best team in the conference (terrible blown first game, and they were a ryan hollweg non idiot penalty away from evening that series at 3 with all the momentum)

If you're trying to tell me or yourself that's bad, you're a fool. I'd take being in any of those positions again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
They have zero confidence right now, which is primarily the coaches fault I'd say.

Really? Like, really? Renney might be the most positive guy on the planet. What is he supposed to do other than be upbeat to help their confidence? It's called SELF confidence.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
I don't know. I think the Rangers are playing a pretty solid game and think we'll pull this out in the 3rd. Keep pluggin...
You're an idiot!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Tumsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettholmesx View Post
last year everyone loved gomez and why? oh because he put up numbers, but look who he played with most of the year guys like shanahan and jagr who scored over 600 goals in their careers. now he isnt putting up numbers and he sucks? let me ask you people something how is he supposed to put up numbers while playing with people like korpioski, prucha, callahan, etc.? ppl that are not prooven finishers..

just a question
Well, it would be nice to see him not stand and stare as the opponents enter the zone after a turnover by him (2nd goal). Yeah, offensively, the whole team plays like crap. They may not be proven finishers, but I think they need to get back to some good old fashin crash the net play. Look at what happened when Orr got in front of the net... *ping*.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM
jniklast

by now i'm really for either starting to tank to get at least a top 10 pick at the draft + trade away some vetereans and big contracts for some picks and prospects at the trade deadline.
Or fire renney and make a move for somebody who can score and the hoping this team can contend.

but continuing being in this limbo, knowing that they will probably make the playoffs somehow with lots of ugly play, but in the end it's another 1st or 2nd round exit, is just the worst with nothing to really look forward to, neither playoffs nor next season

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
RapidFire

this kinda reminds me of the sens of last year (not the scoring)

RapidFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

My dream: A trade to save the Rangers

Kovalchuk, Exelby, Kozlov
for
Gomez, Korpikoski, Staal, Roszival (Yes we will need to give Staal up)

and sign Sundin with the extra cap space.

Kovalchuk- Dubinsky- Zherdev
Naslund- Sundin- Voros
Kozlov -Drury- Prucha
Sjostrom-Betts- Callahan/ Orr

Redden/Exelby
Mara/Girardi
Potter/Kalinin

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Really? Like, really? Renney might be the most positive guy on the planet. What is he supposed to do other than be upbeat to help their confidence? It's called SELF confidence.
That's not how it works. Who the hell cares how positive or upbeat he is when he can't get the best out of his players?

I agree that he would awesome in developing the youth, but as a coach I'm really starting to question him.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:01 PM
levski87

out Of All People To Question About Our Offense, You Ask Lundqvist????????

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettholmesx View Post

just a question

Are you kidding? You can't ask that question here. Do you read the boards? Everyone here believes we have the greatest offensive potential in the world. Didn't you hear Prucha scored 30 goals his rookie year? And Ryan Callahan any team would love to have! Korpikoski's going to be great! Duh! We have so much offensive potential! It's all RENNEY's FAULT

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote