HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Practice Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
  #1
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Price asked Georges Laraque to fight /Josh Gorges plays in goal

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=396725

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
  #2
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
i would have loved to be there

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
  #3
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
The video is up on rds.ca. That was a pretty nice save by Gorges on Saks and like a true goalie he put a lot of spice into it

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
  #4
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
How can we get in to that practice??

Was it open to all for free? I was something in the Journal de Mtl.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
  #5
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
I was there.

Bouillon went 4 for 4 on the accurcy shooting...maybe he should be our point man!

Kovalev can't score to save his life, I think he hit the post 5 times today if not more.

They did the shootout voting thing. Higgins and Brisebois were the judge. Koivu and Tanguay made some sweet moves, AKost ws dessapointing same for Kovy. Halak made a sick save ala Hasek with his glove.

Gorges was pretty bad as a goalie except for the save on Koivu lol.

O'Byrne was well received by the fans.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:29 PM
  #6
hickles46
Registered User
 
hickles46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: England
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
I love Gorges and Price, hahah

hickles46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
  #7
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Price and Gorges bring such a fun dynamic to the team, you can see it rub off on other players. It started last season and continues to this years squad.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:55 PM
  #8
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickles46 View Post
I love Gorges and Price, hahah
I would like to see them acquire Dan Hamhuis from Nashville. He was a captain in Prince George when Gorges was in Kelowna( did I mention he was captain) I think Price being from Williams Lake which is about half way between the two cities it would make for another close friend and teammate. Kinda like when BG picked up Ryan Russell to be a teammate with Maxwell

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
  #9
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Habs Practice Today

Another day, another full house at the Bell Centre. A crowd of 21,000-plus filled the stands to cheer on their Habs at the annual “Canadiens Fan Practice”.

Wow !!! Even for a fun practice a full house comes out to watch. You would hope the players feed off this interest in this team. Don't you think Kovalchuk would walk to Montreal from Atlanta to have fan interest like this. Speaking of Kovalchuk , he really needs to go to a hockey market like Montreal, Toronto ,NYR etc. to show his talent.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
  #10
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Another day, another full house at the Bell Centre. A crowd of 21,000-plus filled the stands to cheer on their Habs at the annual “Canadiens Fan Practice”.

Wow !!! Even for a fun practice a full house comes out to watch. You would hope the players feed off this interest in this team. Don't you think Kovalchuk would walk to Montreal from Atlanta to have fan interest like this. Speaking of Kovalchuk , he really needs to go to a hockey market like Montreal, Toronto ,NYR etc. to show his talent.
In a matter of 1 post (technically 0 since the first post doesn't count), this topic went from the "Canadiens Fan Practice" to "Bring Kovalchuk to Montreal".

New record?

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
  #11
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
In a matter of 1 post (technically 0 since the first post doesn't count), this topic went from the "Canadiens Fan Practice" to "Bring Kovalchuk to Montreal".

New record?
LOL...true ....but my point is , players are energized from full house crowds and fan appreciation type practices etc...

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
  #12
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
I remember Francis Bouillon said last year that there were more people at a canadiens practice than at the Stanley cup parade in Anaheim, which is pretty crazy.

Oh and bring Kovalchuk to Montreal

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
  #13
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Oh and bring Kovalchuk to Montreal
I am all for it. Bob, make it happen.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:37 PM
  #14
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,959
vCash: 500
Price invited Laraque to fight but Big George declined....

BGL....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:41 PM
  #15
centrehice
Registered User
 
centrehice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?video=19147

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
  #16
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
How did you attend it??

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
  #17
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
What do you have to do to attend this practice?

Only once a year?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
  #18
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
LOL...true ....but my point is , players are energized from full house crowds and fan appreciation type practices etc...
thats what you think...

It's money first
then If the wife likes it
then the taxes, the less the better...
then if its sunny 365 days a year
and then not much pressure, its better
and finally if it looks fun to play there

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
  #19
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Price went to the Future shop in Sherbrooke right after the practice to sign stuff. He arrived via helicopter (talk about star treatment).

My girlfriend told me that he looked like he didn't look like he wanted to be there. He even told a fan: "I've done worst jobs." She got his Halloween picture signed too!

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
  #20
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Price went to the Future shop in Sherbrooke right after the practice to sign stuff. He arrived via helicopter (talk about star treatment).

My girlfriend told me that he looked like he didn't look like he wanted to be there. He even told a fan: "I've done worst jobs." She got his Halloween picture signed too!
id imagine him being into the Rodeo stuff he shoveled a few piles of horse manure .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
  #21
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
Latendresse looked SOOOO down Poor guy.. He worked so hard in the summer and he still gets benched.. I know, he isn't scoring, but it's still sad to see...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
  #22
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Latendresse looked SOOOO down Poor guy.. He worked so hard in the summer and he still gets benched.. I know, he isn't scoring, but it's still sad to see...
nice beard though!

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
  #23
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I was there.

Bouillon went 4 for 4 on the accurcy shooting...maybe he should be our point man!

Kovalev can't score to save his life, I think he hit the post 5 times today if not more.

They did the shootout voting thing. Higgins and Brisebois were the judge. Koivu and Tanguay made some sweet moves, AKost ws dessapointing same for Kovy. Halak made a sick save ala Hasek with his glove.

Gorges was pretty bad as a goalie except for the save on Koivu lol.

O'Byrne was well received by the fans.

Alot of coaches will tell you to aim for the posts in practice.....

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:23 PM
  #24
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
“He [Gorges] said I wasn’t doing a good enough job so he figured he’d go in there and try and do a better job. I think he was terrible
The team chemistry is bad! Time to make a move Bob. Wake uP!

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:05 AM
  #25
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Captain Kelowna himself in action






Price on D



Last edited by bib: 12-08-2008 at 06:11 AM.
bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.