StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Game 27: Flames @ Rangers - 5:30pm MT - SNET-W (HD) & the Fan 960

(15-10-1, 31 pts)

@

(18-9-2, 38 pts)

Quote:
With winger Brandon Prust back in Calgary to receive treatment for a fractured jaw and centre Dustin Boyd not quite ready to return form a suspected shoulder injury, forward Warren Peters has been recalled from the Baby Flames.

Quote:
The Rangers, who had been remarkably healthy this season, are dealing with a couple of boo-boos. Ex-Flame Blair Betts is questionable because of some upper-body issue while defenceman Wade Redden is doubtful because of a suspected groin problem. If Redden can't go, freshly recalled Corey Potter will make his NHL debut.
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...ad-cities.aspx

Go Flames!

Old
12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Redden is out for the Rangers.

Rangers are a good team and it'll be a tough game for the flames. Going to need a 60 minute effort today if we want to come away with the two points.

Go Flames Go

Old
12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
The Flames are finally clicking and winning games with regularity. They look to continue this trend tonight in New York as they face the Atlantic division leading Rangers. The Rangers have been having their fair share of struggles lately dropping two of their last three contests. The Flames on the other hand are coming into New York having won six of their last eight, and having squeaked by St Louis on Friday.

In order to take tonight’s contest the Flames simply have to play their style of game for a complete and total sixty minutes. There can be no passengers and absolutely no lazy play. Hit everything that touches your puck, shots, more shots, and even more shots on net, and finally deny any space in the neutral zone. Do this and the Flames should take the game. Fail in this and it’s going to be a long night for the Flames devout.

Projected Line-ups
Cammalleri-Lombardi-Iginla
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Moss
Glencross-Conroy-Bourque
Nystrom-Peters-Roy
Extra: Primeau
Defence Pairings:
Regehr-Aucoin
Giordano-Phaneuf
Sarich-Pardy
Extra:

Miikka in betwixt the pipes as per usual. Prust is out with a broken jaw, and Boyd is a gametime decision. For the Rangers both Blair Betts and Wade Redden are gametime decisions as well.

Players to Watch: Micheal Cammalleri. He’s been nothing short of fantastic and has dominated the ice everytime he’s out there. Watch for more of the same from him. I know I have been majorly impressed with him thus far. Also watch Curtis Glenncross. Sure he may not have a ton of points but he does everything a Flames warrior should, and darned if he isn’t just plain exciting to watch!

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 12-07-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: NHL.com reporting line up change and I also need to learn to type :/
Old
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Hyde

This game...just for some reason has "2-1, 3-2" written all over it.

Old
12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Hyde

Quote:
UPDATE:Wayne Primeau is expected to miss tonight's game with a lower-body injury. That would set up a fourth line of Warren Peters between Eric Nystrom and Andre Roy.
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...s/default.aspx

Old
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Kipper's been phenomenal.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
How is Kipper's rebound control?
Unfortunately, my internet connection decided to not show up, so I am limited to Radio and message board information.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

A solid Flames hockey period. Excellent forecheck, solid defensive zone play, and Shots aplenty. The Flames had great offensive zone puck presence, and with sustained pressure had a few very dangerous chances. They were also winning a lot of the battles down low both in the defensive and offensive zones. Over all it was a very smart and disciplined period.

The penalty kill, which got to work fifteen seconds in was rock solid again. Great clearing shots, and a couple amazing offensive chances. Phaneuf and Conroy both made plays to get the puck into the Rangers zone and get a few shots on net. At one point of the PK they even looked like they were on the power play as they set up and got more shots. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best place to kill a penalty is 200 feet down the ice from your own net.

Miikka was absolute magnificence that frame, right from the very start. Which is when he faced his first shot as it so happened. I counted no less than five stellar, game breaking saves from him. My confidence in him is growing every game. Also of note was the brilliant play of Conroy, Moss, and Glencross. All three were smothering the Rangers and makingthe plays that you would only dream of. It's just too bad Lundqvist was just as up to the task as his Flames counterpart. Now for the calling out. Bertuzzi you non-shooting idiot. I cannot tell you how many times I yelled at Tanguay for passing when he had the shot, but I can say that Bertuzzi is getting the same number of yells from me already this season. You say you have no idea why you're not scoring? I can tell you. YOU HAVE TO SHOOT TO SCORE!!! I would have thought this was pretty cut and dried, and I would have been wrong. Get it together Todd.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Unfortunately, my internet connection decided to not show up, so I am limited to Radio and message board information.
Exponentially better. He's getting the puck out of danger and into the corner.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Hyde

Good flow so far...really outside the first 20 seconds.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Where is the rest of your board?

Old
12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
sonetlumiere

WHY is lombo back on the second line..?

just when you think keenan is making a bit of improvement..

Old
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Noori

Quote:
Link 2 the game

It's been solid.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Where is the rest of your board?
This IS the rest of our board.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Noori

GOOOOALLL MUTHA****A!!!!!!!!!IGGY!....

Old
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Wooooo... Iginla!

1-0 Flames!

Old
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Hyde

Wooo, Iggy!

Old
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
This IS the rest of our board.
That always seems to surprise people.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Link 2 the game

It's been solid.
Thanks, but it is my internet connection, which lets me down today. There is no stream you can watch with a 82kbit-connection and even listening to the radio can be quite annoying.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

This period was interesting. The Flames played well, had good offensive pressure, but were unable to generate any shots on net until 13:31. And that shot was a beauty that was almost a goal as Aucoin rang one off the crossbar. Certainly the Rangers were playing a stifling defensive game, but the Flames really really need to get more shots on net.

The power play unit was again substandard, and I'm being quite charitable in that description. They couldn't get set up, gain the zone or even get a single shot on net in either of there extra man advantages. Not only that but the PP units gave up three solid short handed chances to the Rangers, and Miikka was the only reason the Rangers have been held off the board. The PK unit was solid, if a bit scrambley. They did get some excellent dump shots and pressured the Rangers PP unit, but there was more than a few heart stopping moments, especially on our second PK. Miikka's post, then all five of the Flames collapsed into the net to keep it out.

Miikka has been absolute perfection so far. Outstanding rebound control, picture perfect positioning, and basically being 12 feet tall, and just as wide. Glencross again shows his worth as he made a brilliant defensive play to get the puck up the ice, which is the reason the Flames had such a perfect set up for the only goal of the first and second periods. Conroy too, has been great out there. Nice to see him finally getting his head in the game. Warren Peters has been solid and I like his crashing style of play. Iggy of course with the magic hands gets the goal for the Flames, but a measure of credit also goes to Cammy for his inspired pass to The Iggmeister.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Hyde

I thought the Flames played real well that period. Kept the puck along the boards, had some good puck possession. Plus they got the one and only goal.

Here is hoping for a good third.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Noori

Quote:
Thanks, but it is my internet connection, which lets me down today. There is no stream you can watch with a 82kbit-connection and even listening to the radio can be quite annoying.
Woops, i thought you just didn't have a stream to watch.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
The power play unit was again substandard, and I'm being quite charitable in that description. They couldn't get set up, gain the zone or even get a single shot on net in either of there extra man advantages.
Come on Lanny, give some credit to the Rangers. They have the best PK in the league.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Hyde

Goal Moss 2-0....what a perfect road game so far.

Old
12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Come on Lanny, give some credit to the Rangers. They have the best PK in the league.
As true as that is, I would be more willing to cut the PP unit some slack if they played well at all. This is not an issue of just one game, but a continuing problem with the Flames.

Closed Thread