HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

kovalchuk vs Heatley

View Poll Results: Kovalchuk vs Heatley
Kovalchuk 103 67.76%
Heatley 49 32.24%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
pouskin74*

vCash: 500
i like them both. but i give a edge to Kovy

Old
12-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Heatley does everything Kovalchuk does and more. He actually crosses into his own zone once in a while to play D. He has put up better numbers consistently. He actually plays for his team, not himself.
Kovalchuk plays for the name on the front not the back. If you ever watched his interviews or read articles on him you would know that. But instead your more interested supporting your team that trys to see how many players you can pay7+million a year not to win the cup.

Last edited by btn: 12-10-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Over the top
Old
12-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Zine

Quote:
Heatley does everything Kovalchuk does and more. He actually crosses into his own zone once in a while to play D. He has put up better numbers consistently. He actually plays for his team, not himself.
Since when does Kovy play for himself?

Remember it was Heatley who demanded a trade out of Atlanta. I understand the circumstances, but you can't ignore the facts.......team player Dany left the Thrasher organization high and dry.

On the contrary, despite playing in the worst possible market/team (no offense), Kovalchuk has done everything asked of him - not only for the team but for the community as well.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Capa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Since when does Kovy play for himself?

Remember it was Heatley who demanded a trade out of Atlanta. I understand the circumstances, but you can't ignore the facts.......team player Dany left the Thrasher organization high and dry.

On the contrary, despite playing in the worst possible market/team (no offense), Kovalchuk has done everything asked of him - not only for the team but for the community as well.

And a commonly overlooked fact....HE DIDNT DEMAND A TRADE at first, He demanded to be RELEASED out of his contract..not traded, RELEASED for absolutly nothing so that he could play for whichever team HE chose. Don Waddell had to CONVINCE him otherwise.

Old
12-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Brycios

I voted for the one man show. One of my favourite players in the league.

Old
12-10-2008, 11:59 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
Its because Kovalchuk is better and the majority knows it...
Some people need to realize their opinion is not fact. Especially when the stats and facts disagree with them, and they say ridiculous things like:

Quote:
even though Heater is Canadian
If anything this works against him. HF loves Russians, see: Ovechkin vs. Crosby.

Quote:
Kovalchuk plays for the name on the front not the back. If you ever watched his interviews or read articles on him you would know that. But instead your more interested supporting your team that trys to see how many players you can pay7+million a year not to win the cup.
Oh I see, you're trolling. Let me try: instead, you're more interested in supporting a team that's entire playoff history consists of 4 losses.

Old
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Kovalchuk 18years old no NA hockey EXP 29goals 22assists for 51points in 65games

Heatley 20years old 2years of NCAA hockey EXP 26goals 41assists 67points in 82games

'Kay Thanks lol
In that season:
Kovalchuk: 0.78 PPG, 64 pts adjusted
Heatley: 0.81 PPG, 67 pts in 82 games

Also, if you look at when they played their second seasons, Heatley is CLEARLY the winner.
Kovalchuk: 67 pts in 81 games, 67 pts adjusted.
Heatley: 89 pts in 77 games, 94 pts adjusted

'Kay thanks, lol.

Old
12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Melnyks Mirage
Too cheap to succeed

vCash: 1050
Kovalchuk. He has less to work with and does just as much if not more.

People will produce points when paired with Alfredsson...

Old
12-11-2008, 03:35 PM
7th Player

Whos faster? Kovalchuk
Whos got the better shot? Kovalchuk
Whos got the best 1 on 1 skills? Kovalchuk
Whos got the best vision? Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk

/Thread!

Old
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
Whos faster? Kovalchuk
Whos got the better shot? Kovalchuk
Whos got the best 1 on 1 skills? Kovalchuk
Whos got the best vision? Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk

/Thread!
I'd argue that vision one and I'll raise you hockey sense with which Heatley is nearly unparalleled. Oh and Kovy might have better shot selection but if Heatley is just using his deadly onetimer/slapshot effectively then who cares? Quality > Quantity.

Old
12-11-2008, 05:50 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Different players with different strengths and weaknesses. Too close to call.

Old
12-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

The one man offense.

Old
12-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguyman View Post
I'd argue that vision one and I'll raise you hockey sense with which Heatley is nearly unparalleled. Oh and Kovy might have better shot selection but if Heatley is just using his deadly onetimer/slapshot effectively then who cares? Quality > Quantity.

Lots of goals > Fewer, prettier goals.

EDIT: sorry for the double..

Old
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Erika

Kovalchuk here... Heatley is such a lazy aschhh on some nights and is a non-playoff performer...

Old
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvechkinDomin8s View Post

Lots of goals > Fewer, prettier goals.

EDIT: sorry for the double..
Woah woah, let's get this straight here. I was implying that while Heatley may lack the shot selection of Kovy (quantity), he has such a deadly one timer, it's all he needs (quality).

Old
12-16-2008, 01:29 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Kovalchuk here... Heatley is such a lazy aschhh on some nights and is a non-playoff performer...

I know I would much rather Kovalchuks 2 points in 4 games in the playoffs than Heatleys 35 points in 34 games.

Everyone knows little experience and 0.5PPG is better than lots of experience and >1.0PPG.

Old
12-16-2008, 02:18 AM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
To anyone picking Kovalchuk, and especially those thinking "Kovalchuk and its not even close", I pose a question to you:

Name ONE THING that Kovalchuk does that is UNEQUESTIONABLY BETTER than Heatley?

Come one, just ONE SINGLE THING.

Goal-scoring? Nope. They are about even in that department. Neither one has the edge really. They are almost dead even since the lockout (a small 157-155 advantage for Kovalchuk).

And goal-scoring is BY FAR the #1 thing that Kovalchuk brings to the table.

Heatley DESTROYS him as a playmaker. He DESTROYS him as a clutch performer (just look up playoff and international statistics for proof of this).

And I also think Heatley betters him on the defensive end of the ice. He seems to have more intelligence on the defensive end, and backchecks a little harder/more skillfully.

There is NOTHING Kovalchuk does better than Heatley. But there are things that Heatley does better than Kovalchuk.

Kovalchuk is the better You Tube superstar. I will give him that. But for actual 60-minute games, especially 60-minute games that actually matter, Heatley is the superior player.

And for anyone who feels the need to resort to the same-old MYTHICAL CLAIMS: "But Kovalchuk would be unstoppable if you gave him linemates or a good team"?

You can have your excuses that may or may not be real/legitimate. Hypotheticals are good for SUBJECTIVE speculation, but they really hold no validity when comparing Kovalchuk to a player who has OBJECTIVELY outperformed Kovalchuk throughout most of their careers.

Old
12-16-2008, 02:22 AM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Quote:
I know I would much rather Kovalchuks 2 points in 4 games in the playoffs than Heatleys 35 points in 34 games.

Everyone knows little experience and 0.5PPG is better than lots of experience and >1.0PPG.
But, but....Look at Kovalchuk's team.

If he had a better team, he would have AT LEAST 2 Conn Smythe Trophies by now.

Old
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 View Post
To anyone picking Kovalchuk, and especially those thinking "Kovalchuk and its not even close", I pose a question to you:

Name ONE THING that Kovalchuk does that is UNEQUESTIONABLY BETTER than Heatley?

Come one, just ONE SINGLE THING.

Goal-scoring? Nope. They are about even in that department. Neither one has the edge really. They are almost dead even since the lockout (a small 157-155 advantage for Kovalchuk).

And goal-scoring is BY FAR the #1 thing that Kovalchuk brings to the table.

Heatley DESTROYS him as a playmaker. He DESTROYS him as a clutch performer (just look up playoff and international statistics for proof of this).

And I also think Heatley betters him on the defensive end of the ice. He seems to have more intelligence on the defensive end, and backchecks a little harder/more skillfully.

There is NOTHING Kovalchuk does better than Heatley. But there are things that Heatley does better than Kovalchuk.

Kovalchuk is the better You Tube superstar. I will give him that. But for actual 60-minute games, especially 60-minute games that actually matter, Heatley is the superior player.

And for anyone who feels the need to resort to the same-old MYTHICAL CLAIMS: "But Kovalchuk would be unstoppable if you gave him linemates or a good team"?

You can have your excuses that may or may not be real/legitimate. Hypotheticals are good for SUBJECTIVE speculation, but they really hold no validity when comparing Kovalchuk to a player who has OBJECTIVELY outperformed Kovalchuk throughout most of their careers.
Heatley is a slug compared to Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk also does not need a playmaker to score goals. The fact that he has more goals while playing without a guy like Spezza is a testament to this.

Old
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanky View Post
Heatley is a slug compared to Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk also does not need a playmaker to score goals. The fact that he has more goals while playing without a guy like Spezza is a testament to this.
Here we go again. Kovy did have Savard for a year or so and everyone though Kovy made him look good, now he's tearing it up for the Bruin's. Heatley also had incredible numbers without Spezza but with Alfie. Finally, when a player is put in a situation where they basically have to produce, ie: tons of TOI, they tend to put up good numbers.

But we all know Heatley is product of Spezza and Alfie who are products of Heatley and Alfie and Heatley and Spezza respectively.

Old
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
SammyTheBull

Kovalchuk easily.

Old
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Lux Aurumque*

This one is a no-brainer.

Ilya Kovalchuk (2007-2008): 79GP-52G-35A-87PTS-1.10PPG
Linemates:
Todd White: 74GP-14G-23A-37PTS-0.50PPG
Mark Recchi: 53GP-12G-28A-40PTS-0.75PPG

Linemates total: 127GP-26G-63A-77PTS-0.61PPG
Dany Heatley (2006-2007): 82GP-50G-55A-105PTS-1.28PPG
Linemates:
Daniel Alfredsson: 77GP-29G-58A-87PTS-1.13PPG
Jason Spezza: 67GP-34G-53A-87PTS-1.30PPG

Linemates total: 144GP-63G-111A-174PTS-1.21PPG

It can be concluded from this, that in a full regular season, Heatley's linemates would have scored 211 points, while Kovalchuk's linemates would have only scored 106 points. That's a 105 point difference. Kovalchuk is far superior to Heatley.

Old
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Yes, linemates. See my statistics when they played together, and Heatley outplayed him. Kovy has had elite playmakers, and you're being biased.

Old
12-16-2008, 04:40 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I voted Kovy, but honestly even if I thought Heater was better, I'd vote Kovy just to piss off the Sens fans.

Old
12-16-2008, 05:26 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Getzlaf

Closed Thread