HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Meh, just let Markov be OK

Old
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
PGT: Meh, just let Markov be OK

That's basically what I think of it. A meh game, a meh effort by the Habs, but I just want Markov to be OK. I'll exchange a point in order for him to be healthy. We really didn't deserve to win this game, even beyond the PP struggles and Kovalev's latest booboo.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:42 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's basically what I think of it. A meh game, a meh effort by the Habs, but I just want Markov to be OK.
Amen.

Atleast we got a Maple Leaf point.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:43 PM
le_sean

He took the puck to the nose, oh boy. I've seen players take worse and come back.

That 3rd period was the worst period I've ever seen in hockey. It made me ****ing sick. They did not skate or do anything. Pathetic. Especially disappointing after the way they played in the 1st period.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
la25ecoupe

I guess they're tired with all those games every 2 days..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Hemlor

hey guys, I just got in to see the OT. What happened to Markov? What kind of injury and how did it happen? I couldn't find out anywhere.

thanks in advance

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Ross MacLochness

Well he got hit in the chops no? I think he'll be alright.

Puck was bouncing everywhere tonight. Maybe one of the centennial initiatives should be to find someone with an idea on how to make decent ice.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHLcrazy

wow the Devils really gave us a lesson on how to work along the boards...pretty amazing

Frustrating game, kovy's penalty at the end sucked but the other guy could've had a diving call as well...refs should let team settle the game. 4-3's end up in a goal like 90% of the time...oh well we got a point!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

lame call at the end but they didn't deserve to win anyway.

D'Agostini is awesome, so is Koivu and Price and Gorges.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JrHockeyFan

Amen to Markov being okay. One guy we can't lose now

I'm not seeing what Carbo has going here. How can everybody be offensively be out of synch at the same time.

Seriously, perhaps Carbo should watch a game from the press box to get a handle on what is wrong

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Bill McNeal

The lack of PP production went from a back-burner issue to the forefront tonight.

This team can't continue to have a PP producing at a shade over 10% and expect to keep up with the top teams in the conference. If they even had a middle-of-the-pack PP it would make a world of difference.

So what's the solution? Is it internal or is it something that the GM has to take care of? Because I don't have a clue.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
bhuya71

ya kovy made a penalty but it was a bs call because from what i can tell he was lost the puck and immediately tried to get it back but devil (forget who) jumped on top of the puck and the stick in order to fall...but where the hell was the obstruction call on hammer or sooo many other calls ps pleks call was the same bs and same logic behind it although it looked a little fishier than kovy's but all in all ya hope markov's ok and we needed to keep up the flame going into the third...price overcommitted as others said i was wondering if he went home for a minute on the goal LOL

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
That's basically what I think of it. A meh game, a meh effort by the Habs, but I just want Markov to be OK. I'll exchange a point in order for him to be healthy. We really didn't deserve to win this game, even beyond the PP struggles and Kovalev's latest booboo.
I thought it was a decent effort from both teams. It was strange how the momentum kept changing. It wasn't a game that went back forth with chances, the teams just took turns at taking control for a few minutes at a time.

I think either team could have won. If the habs won, I'm sure the devils would have thought they deserved better. Anyways, I'll take the consolation point... not many outright losses this season.

Having said that, I'll trade the point if it means a healthy markov for next game. This team cannot afford to have their top 2 d-men out.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
hey guys, I just got in to see the OT. What happened to Markov? What kind of injury and how did it happen? I couldn't find out anywhere.

thanks in advance
He got a puck tipped up into his face...went down right away and was bleeding, around the mouth/nose area.

I don't know why people are freaking out so badly about this loss...it was a disappointing third to be sure, but Clemmensen was great tonight, we lost 2.5 defensemen (Markov, Dandenault and Brisebois was playing hurt) and still got it to OT. Remember back in the day when we used to kill for a tie or an OT point against the Devils because we would never beat them?

The powerplay was a huge disappointment though. Clutch PP with 4 minutes left and barely even mustered a shot.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hemlor

...and just a general comment...you guys have to relax..I mean it's good that the fans have passion but it's a bit ridiculous the things some people are posting. I'm just glad none of you are the GM's, but again, it's a sign of real passion for the team (that and borderline insanity).

Old
12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Seriously, perhaps Carbo should watch a game from the press box to get a handle on what is wrong
And let O'Byrne, S.Kost, and Latendresse coach the team.

Last edited by Iyathurai: 12-06-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He got a puck tipped up into his face...went down right away and was bleeding, around the mouth/nose area.

I don't know why people are freaking out so badly about this loss...it was a disappointing third to be sure, but Clemmensen was great tonight, we lost 2.5 defensemen (Markov, Dandenault and Brisebois was playing hurt) and still got it to OT. Remember back in the day when we used to kill for a tie or an OT point against the Devils because we would never beat them?

The powerplay was a huge disappointment though. Clutch PP with 4 minutes left and barely even mustered a shot.
Wait, Dandy was out too? Did he get hurt during the game? Did he leave as well? And Breezer got injured too? So basically we had 3 D by the end?

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I hope Markov is OK otherwise we are ****ed up, don't care about the result

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Next Best Thing*

****ing ******** game absolutely disgusting the way we finished and the devils are incredibly lucky sons of *****es

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't know why people are freaking out so badly about this loss...
'Cause despite everything that you say, and that is true, we freakin score on the PP for a change OR Kovalev doesn't take a stupid penalty, and we're winning or pretty much have a great chance to do so.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:51 PM
MTL-rules

They went back to their old self... playing half a game... these guys have a major case of short term memory loss...

Oh and Kovalev Lang Higgins suck in their zone...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
kovalost27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause despite everything that you say, and that is true, we freakin score on the PP for a change OR refs don't make a stupid penalty, and we're winning or pretty much have a great chance to do so.
Fixed

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:54 PM
theboss*

The PP is a disgrace

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Amen to Markov being okay. One guy we can't lose now

I'm not seeing what Carbo has going here. How can everybody be offensively be out of synch at the same time.

They won 3 games in a row with the same general plan. I didn't see praises for him when they were winning.

I really think the BIG issue with this team is the PP and a big reason for it is that teams adjusted to us since the Boston series and our secrets are no longer. That's why Kovy is sucking so much, he can't do crap on the PP anymore. Another thing to add to the problem is that we lost our shooter on the point and that leaves no room for the forwards (read: Kovalev) to do creative things. Since we're a skilled team this really f* us up.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
****ing ******** game absolutely disgusting the way we finished and the devils are incredibly lucky sons of *****es
Not really the Devils are very hard working team, not spectacular but they give 100% every shift. But i agree any team that gets a 1:30 min PP in OT is lucky.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Kirk Muller

Good first, average the rest of the game.

I just don't know what you do with Kovalev to get him going. Every line he has been on is the weakest link on the team. Weak call but completely unnecessary to put himself in that position. He is basically a non factor offensively and a liability with penalties.

As Gorges and Bouillon play more and more, the more mistakes are beginning to creep into their games. Komo is needed soon.

And its time to end the Tanguay and Lang on the points. Both useless in those situations. Brisebois is not effective either. Its time to just get back to basics and point shot and crash the net.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote