HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garth murray called up, what does this mean?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2004, 03:19 PM
  #1
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Garth murray called up, what does this mean?

garth murray has been called up, ive heard balej is going to join the team, so either murray could just be an extra, maybe he will get 4th line time and they will move up lundmark and scratch hlavac or maybe another deal is close to being done?

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1138

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:20 PM
  #2
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Didn't Hlavac get hurt last night ?

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:25 PM
  #3
Fitzlax99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Didn't Hlavac get hurt last night ?
I think they said he got hit with the flu bug, and thats why he left the game. I could be mistaken though.

Fitzlax99 is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:26 PM
  #4
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Didn't Hlavac get hurt last night ?
there is nothing about him being hurt on newyorkrangers.com or in the newspaper and JD never mentioned it, i think he may have just been benched and told not to come out possibly.

i would like to try some new lines for tommorrow

lundmark-holik-jagr
rucinsky-nedved-balej
simon-messier-barnaby
lacouture-murray-ortmeyer

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
  #5
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
garth murray has been called up, ive heard balej is going to join the team, so either murray could just be an extra, maybe he will get 4th line time and they will move up lundmark and scratch hlavac or maybe another deal is close to being done?

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1138
It's doubtful that Balej will be able to get visa isssues resolved before Thursday's game in Boston. Calling up Murray--at least on the surface--is nothing more than making sure there are enough players to dress.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:52 PM
  #6
RFAN
Registered User
 
RFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
garth murray has been called up, ive heard balej is going to join the team, so either murray could just be an extra, maybe he will get 4th line time and they will move up lundmark and scratch hlavac or maybe another deal is close to being done?

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1138


Last edited by RFAN: 03-03-2004 at 03:56 PM.
RFAN is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
  #7
RFAN
Registered User
 
RFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
garth murray has been called up, ive heard balej is going to join the team, so either murray could just be an extra, maybe he will get 4th line time and they will move up lundmark and scratch hlavac or maybe another deal is close to being done?

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1138

In simply terms it means Murray was called up! I know there has not been much to get excited about of late but we all need to chill out a little.

RFAN is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 04:02 PM
  #8
Slewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South Amboy NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
It's doubtful that Balej will be able to get visa isssues resolved before Thursday's game in Boston. Calling up Murray--at least on the surface--is nothing more than making sure there are enough players to dress.

They sent Gernander down.

Slewfoot is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 06:17 PM
  #9
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Nedved was just traded ... they need bodies ... we're starting to look like the Penguins.

Next year (if there isn't a lockout) is going to be a LONG year ... what do you think 20-50-10?

The pleasure of rebuilding (I'm not saying it isn't needed, just that its going to suck).

ddheyman is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 06:19 PM
  #10
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFAN
In simply terms it means Murray was called up! I know there has not been much to get excited about of late but we all need to chill out a little.
doesnt look like murray was just called up now!

maybe we will see this
rucinsky-holik-jagr
simon-messier-barnaby
lacouture-lundmark-ortmeyer
hlavac-murray-?

Janerixon is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 06:20 PM
  #11
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddheyman
Nedved was just traded ... they need bodies ... we're starting to look like the Penguins.

Next year (if there isn't a lockout) is going to be a LONG year ... what do you think 20-50-10?

The pleasure of rebuilding (I'm not saying it isn't needed, just that its going to suck).

Sidney Crosby anyone!!!!!!

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 06:23 PM
  #12
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
doesnt look like murray was just called up now!

maybe we will see this
rucinsky-holik-jagr
simon-messier-barnaby
lacouture-lundmark-ortmeyer
hlavac-murray-?

Or maybe another trade has been agreed on but not announced just yet.

For all those long time Ranger Fans, doesn't this all seem just a bit strange to you. Trading vets for youth and picks, i can't remember the last time they did this.

It just seems so strange

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 07:46 PM
  #13
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
it doesnt seem like i am watching the right team, any minute they are gonna come on and say it was the isladers or sabres.

as for the trades, with leetch gone we are running out of bodies to throw out there.

i will say this though, i for one would be happy to sit through a long season next year and get Sydney Crosby.

Edge is offline  
Old
03-03-2004, 07:59 PM
  #14
Pipo
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Pipo
"Next year (if there isn't a lockout) is going to be a LONG year ... what do you think 20-50-10?"

how is this any different than the last 7 years?... hey, any chance of ticket prices dropping next season?... worth a shot...

Pipo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.