HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is holik available

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 05:25 PM
coachbob

vCash: 500
Is holik available

Would the Rangers consider moving Bobby Holik to a contender. If so, what do you think his price tag would be and would the Rangers eat some salary. Holik is the consumate playoff centreman in a physical series, and if salary could be eaten, I could see the Flyers, Devils, and Leafs consider adding him to their teams, knowing that the winner of East will have to endure two physical playoff rounds to dance with the Western champ.

Old
03-03-2004, 05:27 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Of course he is, and if he's not I don't know what is going on in Glen's head. Obviously the Rangers would be eating salary in any Holik deal, and if they are willing to eat a lot, his price tag will be pretty big, top level propect and a 1st to start...

Old
03-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbob
Would the Rangers consider moving Bobby Holik to a contender. If so, what do you think his price tag would be and would the Rangers eat some salary. Holik is the consumate playoff centreman in a physical series, and if salary could be eaten, I could see the Flyers, Devils, and Leafs consider adding him to their teams, knowing that the winner of East will have to endure two physical playoff rounds to dance with the Western champ.
The answer is that EVERY Ranger is likely available..

Holik's tag doesn't make him attractive, but the higher the return, the more the Rangers would eat of the contract, I'd bet..

Old
03-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbob
im sure holik is available but he has 3 years left on his deal each worth 8.85 mil, i dont think alot of teams are going to want anything to do w/ him unless we eat half, but remember he is not a rental and would cost alot, he has had a good season and is 2nd on our team in goals, id say sather would want a young roster player (a center) and a high pick or prospect at least, after all holik is slated to be our only center next season since nedved's option will not be picked up, lindro's option will not be picked up, and mess most likely will retire

Old
03-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Edge

kinda funny how jagr is already on our trading block as well.

Old
03-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
kinda funny how jagr is already on our trading block as well.
edge
i dont believe he is, im sure sather will listen to offers, but jagr has come to play since he has gotten here and he wants to and has always wanted to come here, unless we get blown away by an offer he will be here next year if there is hockey

something that has also been overlooked is regardless if we have a firesale, this is the ny rangers where we need names on the back of those jersey's to sell them and to sell seats, jagr is one of the top names in the game he wont be dealt unless sather plans on bringing in another name especially since kovalev is gone, leetch may be traded, mess may retire regardless of if hes traded or not, lindros most likely will not be back, and bure wont be back

so thats 6 superstars to possibly one or none... jagr wont be moved

Old
03-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Edge

well i dont think he will be moved but he has been mentioned.

there was a quote in a paper from one executive that said even jagr was offered.

also i've heard from two seperate sources that EVERYONE is available except Tyutin and Blackburn, and Jessiman.

Closed Thread